Kana hit and run...

Geniuspear

55 seconds onwards... totally dunno wad the hell is the driver doing going forward and reverse... still wind down and look den drive off...

going make police report tomorrow...

just wondering if i shld go workshop and make a claim against him straight or?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

55 seconds onwards... totally dunno wad the hell is the driver doing going forward and reverse... still wind down and look den drive off...

going make police report tomorrow...

just wondering if i shld go workshop and make a claim against him straight or?

Make a police report for hit and run without leaving particulars then take the report to your insurance coy.....

• Praise 4

Turbocharged

Made a report alrady. The wrkshop filing the claim say if opposite party never file i cannot claim against him. Got such thing ??

yup. seems to be a big issue here. if he chooses not to file ... you can get stuck in your claim.

maybe going straight to his insurer and saying he hit you and that you have video evidence might help. (i'm not 100% sure about this though)

yup. seems to be a big issue here. if he chooses not to file ... you can get stuck in your claim.

maybe going straight to his insurer and saying he hit you and that you have video evidence might help. (i'm not 100% sure about this though)

go see hexxor case.

http://www.mycarforum.com/topic/2697022-hit-run-csi-trooper-needed-and-advice-please/?hl=%2Bhit+%2Band+%2Brun

• Praise 2

Twincharged

Make a police report for hit and run without leaving particulars then take the report to your insurance coy.....

Haven't 1st Feb so I think the driver won't be charged under the new law for not leaving particulars.

Made a report alrady. The wrkshop filing the claim say if opposite party never file i cannot claim against him. Got such thing ??

absolute crap. for all their work, GIA does leave drivers on their own. Here we are law abiding drivers paying our yearly insurance. But when shit happens, we get more shit [furious]

Haven't 1st Feb so I think the driver won't be charged under the new law for not leaving particulars.

Yah , think so. but some workshops able to do all the claims swee swee if with strong proof.

think TS got a very strong case that the guy knew he hit something but did not stop.

• Praise 1

Yes, from the point of view of the culprit's insurer, no accident has happened since there's no report being filed. It's a well known loophole.

To make matters worse, since you have filed a report and the other party didn't, your own insurer may even reduce your NCD and/or increase your renewal premium to protect against possible future claims from the other party, if the case turns out to be inconclusive. I encountered a similar case previously and my insurer told me that this is standard practice to cover their own ass. I eventually managed to restore my NCD by getting a written confirmation from the other party that there will not be any claims.

You better double check with your insurer to ensure they don't screw you up in return for being honest.

Edited by Jellandross

absolute crap. for all their work, GIA does leave drivers on their own. Here we are law abiding drivers paying our yearly insurance. But when shit happens, we get more shit [furious]

Moral of story = get a car cam asap... use it all the time, even after Feb 1......

Car cam and ICE vendors huat liao from Feb 1 onwards.... [laugh]

But seriously, from Feb 1, since it will be a criminal case if kena hit and run and not leave a note , what will be the remedy for the victim? can we report while the other side dun report, and the other side insurer will still have to pay us? (i.e. the loophole of the hitter running away and not reporting will be closed?) .. having the car video will help a lot imo .....

went to 1 workshop ( referred to go there by my axa authorised workshop ), the boss see the clip, read the report and tell me sure can claim.

He say monday bring the car down and put there ( with replacement veh ) and he will ask the accused person's insurance surveyor to come and assess damage, after tat proceed to repair and claim. he say that guy dont report insurance not my prob, if not everyone go around and bang here and there den act blur.

wad he highlighted was for claims below 3k, insurance coy bo kah lan, we mus settle ourself, only above 3k den they go fight all tat...

kns, pay premium yet the insurance company also bo chup

Ve yr situation for 3 times within 3mths,reported TP replied admitted then you claimed against by help of yr workshop or insurance agent.can you imagine in n out of wkshp one after another so be patience with video on hand.you can send to agent and wait for result.

can claim, just report to police with all the details. Ask your insurance company to do the claim on him. Police report is sufficient to help you. They will do the investigation. Sure you win...bro!

thanks guys for the advise. damn sian is kana irresponsible driver hit and run, in the end i more troublesome than him, i heard hit n run the most demerit him 6 pts and fine a few hundred.. really so light meh?

today whole day wasted, run around workshop filing report here and there... was told by the chia pang that TP cfm sit on the case, bo chap cos no injury or death, must push him ... wth

↡ Advertisement