Used/preowned car

Antonee

hi guys, greatly need help in identifying the below link, deposit only 20%? From calculation , roughly 18k depreciation but what is the hidden behind 20%?

I have a ride which COE going to expire in May 2015 , possible to use (say scrape value) to trade for this car?

http://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=445802&DL=1317

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

I think the 20% is just the dealer's terms and conditions, but you should just give the dealer a call and talk. Also, why don't you get quotes from sgcarmart or direct cars to see how much your car fetches? I have a car with COE ending in May 2015 as well, so am looking around at this time too.

• Praise 1

hi guys, greatly need help in identifying the below link, deposit only 20%? From calculation , roughly 18k depreciation but what is the hidden behind 20%?

I have a ride which COE going to expire in May 2015 , possible to use (say scrape value) to trade for this car?

http://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=445802&DL=1317

Please share with us if you find out from the dealer.

Selling price 75,800

DP 20% = 15,160

Monthly 1,417 x 39 months (Feb 2015 - May 2018) = 55,263

Total = 70,423

Obviously something is not right... don't think you will be getting the PARF rebate on this car. And 18k depreciation is pretty high for a 3 series.

• Praise 1

Please share with us if you find out from the dealer.

Selling price 75,800

DP 20% = 15,160

Monthly 1,417 x 39 months (Feb 2015 - May 2018) = 55,263

Total = 70,423

Obviously something is not right... don't think you will be getting the PARF rebate on this car. And 18k depreciation is pretty high for a 3 series.

possibility its more like leasing , your wont get back any value.

• Praise 3

Thx all for your input. I have contacted the said dealer but have yet to pop by his showroom . Will bump up this thread , hopefully soon.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

One trick of the trade of used car dealers is to post a low price. When you visit the showroom, they will tell you :

1) car is sold and recommend you a more expensive alternative

2) price quoted excludes deposit

• Praise 2

I think the 20% is just the dealer's terms and conditions, but you should just give the dealer a call and talk. Also, why don't you get quotes from sgcarmart or direct cars to see how much your car fetches? I have a car with COE ending in May 2015 as well, so am looking around at this time too.

I suggest not to tie in scrapping your COE-expiring with getting the used car, most dealers do not deal in scrapping.

I just scrapped my Latio Sports in Jan 2015 with one of SgCarmart's recommended Scrap Yards & Exporters and got a few hundred dollars for the body. These guys have hundreds of scrap car bodies in their yard and salvage the parts for reselling, so your body is likely worth more to them than anyone else.

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

I suggest not to tie in scrapping your COE-expiring with getting the used car, most dealers do not deal in scrapping.

I just scrapped my Latio Sports in Jan 2015 with one of SgCarmart's recommended Scrap Yards & Exporters and got a few hundred dollars for the body. These guys have hundreds of scrap car bodies in their yard and salvage the parts for reselling, so your body is likely worth more to them than anyone else.

Some dealers say Mercedes cars fetch a lot of value upon scrapping...in the order of 10K, not just mere hundreds..any Merc owners can verify this claim by the dealers? :ph34r:

Dont think its that high

Some dealers say Mercedes cars fetch a lot of value upon scrapping...in the order of 10K, not just mere hundreds..any Merc owners can verify this claim by the dealers? :ph34r:

• Praise 3

you just kena smoked by dealer that pig can climb tree

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1