Malaysian PM Najib Sues DAP Leader Tony Pua

Boringchap

(edited)

Anybody follow Malaysian politics? Getting very exciting.

http://www.themalaysianinsider.com/mobile/malaysia/article/najibs-suit-wont-silence-me-says-dap-lawmaker

---------------

I will not be shackled by the defamation suit brought by the Dato’ Seri Najib Razak because I am supported by millions of Malaysians out there who demand good governance, transparency and accountability from the Prime Minister and his Government

My lawyer, Gobind Singh who is also the Member of Parliament for Puchong, has received the writ served by Dato’ Seri Najib Razak’s lawyers at 4.30pm yesterday evening.

The suit by the Prime Minister accused me of having defamed him in my speech at a DAP Petaling Jaya Fund-Raising Dinner on 3 November 2014 where I spoke extensively on the “mother of the mother of the mother of all scandals”, 1Malaysia Development Bhd (1MDB).

This suit is the first defamation suit ever brought by a Prime Minister against a Member of Parliament in Malaysia. It appears that the timing of the suit is coming at a time when 1MDB is facing a massive crisis on all fronts – the inability to service its massive RM42 billion debt, and mounting exposés on fraudulent transactions and even possibly embezzlement billions of ringgit of 1MDB funds.

Hence the suit could have been filed as a strategy to silence me and other Government’s critics. However, I would like to inform the Prime Minister that if that was the plan, he has failed miserably. Instead, the suit only strengthened my motivation to pursue, investigate and expose more corruption, abuse of power and incompetence in 1MDB as well as other Government activities, knowing that I am on the right track.

I will certainly not be shackled by the suit because I know I am supported by millions of Malaysians who are equally astounded by the sheer audacity of the 1MDB scam. Like me, they demand good governance, transparency and accountability from the Prime Minister and his Government.

I would like to declare here that I will contest the suit by the Prime Minister. At the same time, I would like to express my gratitude to the many lawyers who have contacted me to offer their services pro bono.

----------------------------

post-67319-0-68635900-1425703439.jpeg

Edited by Boringchap
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4

Very exciting indeed. let's wait and see. At least we can learn from how our neighbor, how they handle their domestic issue. T Pua's speech in other thread months back of MCF was very sharp and eloquent.

Hopefully he won't end up behind bars, be thrown out of the window or be blown into pieces.... :).

Hopefully he won't end up behind bars, be thrown out of the window or be blown into pieces.... :).

No but he might strangle himself?

• Praise 1

(edited)

Learning from the best, I see. Imitation truLee is the sincerest form of flattery. :D

Edited by Turboflat4
  • Praise 1

May i ask very humbly, if this (instability) would have any direct of indirect impact to prices of malaysian properties owned by Singaporeans?

• Praise 2

(edited)

Learning from the best, I see. Imitation truLee is the sincerest form of flattery. :D

Different political landscape, different strategy. Though the objective is still the same, the process, effort, etc may vary a lot.

Edited by Janling3

Didn't follow Jiu Hoo politics cos why bother others when our house is not in order :D

We have our own juicy news on Roy and HHH, as well as TC issues... Enough for us to ponder over liao :)

• Praise 2

Didn't follow Jiu Hoo politics cos why bother others when our house is not in order :D

We have our own juicy news on Roy and HHH, as well as TC issues... Enough for us to ponder over liao :)

Malaysia our close neighbour. Good to know what is going on over the causeway.

May i ask very humbly, if this (instability) would have any direct of indirect impact to prices of malaysian properties owned by Singaporeans?

Good question. I also want to know.

• Praise 1

Prices I don't know but Ringgit has weakened substantially, meaning some money is leaving the country? Iskandar is screwed by massive supply, now with the instability, now double whammy.

• Praise 3

Malaysia sibei jialat. It is obvious more instability is on the horizon.

They will have EPF Life and EPF minimum sum soon?

• Praise 6

(edited)

GST (6%) starts 1 Apr 2015 .... millions and millions pouring in every day ...

a $1M property ... shiok shiok collect additional $60K ...

They will have EPF Life and EPF minimum sum soon?

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 1

Jakarta politics also getting hot and spicy.. first Chinese Jakarta governor against the parliament accusing them of amassing billions of city budget!

Anyway, the billions of MYR of debts could be due for a default.. they are supported by quite a few local Malaysian banks.. maybe MYR will be due to a major devaluation soon.. SGD1:MYR2.8 or even 3 May be near the horizon soon.

I'll let go of the Malaysian bank stocks if having any in arsenal.

• Praise 1

Prices I don't know but Ringgit has weakened substantially, meaning some money is leaving the country? Iskandar is screwed by massive supply, now with the instability, now double whammy.

Wah............i was told that buy Iskandar sure win.

You mean it isnt sure win?

Lucky me, i almost wanted to spend my life savings of $300k to buy one......

Heng ah....

I guess its better to leave Malaysia to the Malaysians.

• Praise 3

GST (6%) starts 1 Apr 2015 .... millions and millions pouring in every day ...

a $1M property ... shiok shiok collect additional $60K ...

where got enough....

↡ Advertisement