Between Mazda 6 and Ford Mondeo...

Incoming model of ford model ala mini Aston Martin look gets my vote for being actually fast apart from just looking fast

• Praise 1

Twincharged
(edited)

Incoming model of ford model ala mini Aston Martin look gets my vote for being actually fast apart from just looking fast

Ford Mondeo is a nice car,but this low volume seller,could have spare part problem,a few years down the road....facelift Mazda 6 just a few more months...go for it,see the Youtube video,the interior so upmarket,making current 6 owners so "Buay tahan". :wacko:[:(]

Edited by ER-3682
  • Praise 1

Hi all bro,

Need your expert view.Which is better between the two mention rides?

Thinking of getting one.

Cheers :D:D:D

Reliability & running cost wise Mz6,

Performance wise ford,

Departs on What you keen to

• Praise 2

Have to see how the FL Mz6 will be priced... between current Mz6 and Mondie it will be Mondie but the FL Mz will be a tuffer call although i still like Mondie for its power

some reviewers would say in terms of chasis, the Mz6 wins round while other reviewers say cabin noise insulation in the Mz6 not so good but a test drive will reveal both

hope the new FL Mz will come soon so can test them on same day

• Praise 1

Fords drive well. Good ride, road-holding, precise steering and always been strong in mid-range torque. In Singapore, it suffers from lack of 3rd party spares support and costly servicing at AD. I used to have a Focus and good as it was to drive, the cost of repairs began to escalate in its 8th year and was not economical to keep. If you need the space, prepared for higher repairs bill later in its life and prepared for low resale (or intend to keep for 10 years) go for Ford.

The Mz6 (pre FL) is a pretty face and nice drive with taut chassis. But cabin lacks space for a car of its size. The smooth engine needs to be revved to get punch so if it fits your driving style you will like it.

Drive both, and decide. And since you are in that area, try the Accord 2.4. It too is a good drive and I was on verge of choosing it over the Mz6 for its all round ability.

• Praise 2

Having own both a ford and mazda before.. The cost of repair are similar.. Mazda parts are not exactly cheap also..

I would choose mazda because of the better aftersales service.

• Praise 1

New Mondeo has a better cabin then current M6, new one comes shortly but I don't know how the new interior will feel.

Sound insulation in the Mondeo is good, equipment levels are good and it's got space, comfort and the look......though from the back can look like a Kia too. Sitting in both, the Mondeo just somehow feels better but on last numbers was about $15k more expensive.

• Praise 1

new Manzda 6 wagon is very chio

VV10S_034.jpg

how i wish mazda would just use a lower profile roof rail... then it would be perfect in my mind

for those who comment Monedo above that has better powder, do you compare with a 2L or 2.5L Mazda? Take note that for the price of Monedo, a 2.5L Mazda is even cheaper than that

• Praise 1

5 year ago, when COE is 2 to 5k, I was comtemplating on whether to get the Skoda Superb or wait for the New Mondeo. Due to the poor trade in value of my 3 yrs old Mazda (AD offer my next to scrap value [hur]), I decided to wait for the Aston Martin look alike.

Can't believe that after 5 years when this car is finally here, it is a big disappointment to me. I ask my car service workshop on what car that visit them most often for repair. His mentioned to me that realiable conti car is Merc and dont ever get a Mondeo. I was like [shocked]

After some research from Ford forum, I realized that the spart part of Mondeo is twice or even thrice as expensive than mass market Japanese car here.

However, my major concerns is the Mondeo Ecoboost engine which going to be EOL by next year. Not to mentioned those shocking news that the engine issue that affect the safety of the passenagers. Go and do a search in the web and you will know what I mean.

Now I am abit lost, as the car I have been waiting for so long is no longer my 1st choice. Probably get back a Mazda or get a Harrier (which personally I dislike Toyota brand) due to their realiablity and cheaper cost of maintenance

The new Skoda Superb will be a better option than Mondeo, but there is no AD anymore. Probably an Audi A7 size but cheaper than Mondeo.

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/skoda/superb/89862/skoda-superb-at-geneva-range-kicks-off-at-18640

Edited by Axela72

Totally agreed. My mazda also start to give way after 7 or 8 years. Never repair a single part before. Every few month replace part due to wear and tear. Latest change is fuel pump that cost me ~$800. Read from Mondeo forum that it cost them $1.9k or with lobang can solve at 1.5k

Fords drive well. Good ride, road-holding, precise steering and always been strong in mid-range torque. In Singapore, it suffers from lack of 3rd party spares support and costly servicing at AD. I used to have a Focus and good as it was to drive, the cost of repairs began to escalate in its 8th year and was not economical to keep. If you need the space, prepared for higher repairs bill later in its life and prepared for low resale (or intend to keep for 10 years) go for Ford.

The Mz6 (pre FL) is a pretty face and nice drive with taut chassis. But cabin lacks space for a car of its size. The smooth engine needs to be revved to get punch so if it fits your driving style you will like it.

Drive both, and decide. And since you are in that area, try the Accord 2.4. It too is a good drive and I was on verge of choosing it over the Mz6 for its all round ability.

The current Mazda 6 sitting in the showroom isn't the latest one? There is another Facelift coming for it?

Yes...facelift coming in a few months time.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1