Selling to direct buyer and buying from dealer

mack88

Hi

I've found a direct buyer who wants to purchase my car. He's a friend's friend.

However I told him to give me abit of time to settle the purchase of my car by end March.

Once I shortlist the car I'm buying from a dealer, what would be the fastest way to complete both end of the transactions?

Should i settle the loan with my bank first?

↡ Advertisement

Hi

I've found a direct buyer who wants to purchase my car. He's a friend's friend.

However I told him to give me abit of time to settle the purchase of my car by end March.

Once I shortlist the car I'm buying from a dealer, what would be the fastest way to complete both end of the transactions?

Should i settle the loan with my bank first?

if you already find a buyer.. just sell first.... few days no car.. won't die de

sell first ... it's not fair for holding back unless you discount the car further

everyday hold back the car depreciate

• Praise 3

Neutral Newbie
Would like to share with all of you my friend's experience...

She recently bought a second hand car from Wah Soon Heng Vehicle Trading

Within 2 days, the car broke down. Smoke was emitting from the car's bonnet and it was seriously overheated to the extent the thermostat hit High. There was also a badly burnt smell. Imagine purchasing a car for just 2 days, not travelling long distances and having to get her car towed and sent for radiator repairs? She had to cancel all her appointments just to wait by the roadside because her dealer was still sleeping ZZZZZ and she had to wait for him to wake up and get to the site. He then told her that he would not compensate her for the repairs as it was due to wear and tear. 2 days = wear & tear? How reasonable is that? Just because she did not buy a brand new vehicle off the assembly line doesn’t mean that she should be stuck driving a bad car right? It is more than reasonable to expect that her car dealer had done his due inspection and that the car would not break down due to transmission or engine issues shortly after? Is this too much to ask for from a dealer?

This boss, Ben, said that she was to go and talk to the man who sold the car, Alan, and claim the expenses from him. Ben was the one who signed on the invoice (thus making him the seller) and now he conveniently pushes it to Alan (whom he must be earning from)? So the pushing game starts and of course, Alan, would not allow himself to be contactable. Reliability of this boss? ZERO!

After talking to some car workshop mechanics, they hinted that this boss is...UNRELIABLE? I have concluded that he has no integrity and takes absolutely no pride in his business, since his mindset is once sold, you settle it yourself, not my problem. Where's his business ethics?

This is the address of the unethical trading company: 50 Serangoon North Avenue 4 #01-01 First Centre S(555856)

If you're ever considering of purchasing a second hand car or looking for a dealer to handle used car matters, unless you're looking out for a 'You Buy AT YOUR OWN LOSS' type of service, give this place a MISS. You will NOT BE MISSING OUT ON ANYTHING AT ALL!

And he placed in his ad 'NO REPAIRS WILL BE NEEDED AT ALL'. - HAHAHAHAHA no repairs? Yes, no repairs cos' he will not give a care at all for whatever happens to your car, even if it happens one minute after you have bought it! That's what he means by NO REPAIRS!

Would like to share with all of you my friend's experience...
She recently bought a second hand car from Wah Soon Heng Vehicle Trading
Within 2 days, the car broke down. Smoke was emitting from the car's bonnet and it was seriously overheated to the extent the thermostat hit High. There was also a badly burnt smell. Imagine purchasing a car for just 2 days, not travelling long distances and having to get her car towed and sent for radiator repairs? She had to cancel all her appointments just to wait by the roadside because her dealer was still sleeping ZZZZZ and she had to wait for him to wake up and get to the site. He then told her that he would not compensate her for the repairs as it was due to wear and tear. 2 days = wear & tear? How reasonable is that? Just because she did not buy a brand new vehicle off the assembly line doesn’t mean that she should be stuck driving a bad car right? It is more than reasonable to expect that her car dealer had done his due inspection and that the car would not break down due to transmission or engine issues shortly after? Is this too much to ask for from a dealer?
This boss, Ben, said that she was to go and talk to the man who sold the car, Alan, and claim the expenses from him. Ben was the one who signed on the invoice (thus making him the seller) and now he conveniently pushes it to Alan (whom he must be earning from)? So the pushing game starts and of course, Alan, would not allow himself to be contactable. Reliability of this boss? ZERO!
After talking to some car workshop mechanics, they hinted that this boss is...UNRELIABLE? I have concluded that he has no integrity and takes absolutely no pride in his business, since his mindset is once sold, you settle it yourself, not my problem. Where's his business ethics?
This is the address of the unethical trading company: 50 Serangoon North Avenue 4 #01-01 First Centre S(555856)
If you're ever considering of purchasing a second hand car or looking for a dealer to handle used car matters, unless you're looking out for a 'You Buy AT YOUR OWN LOSS' type of service, give this place a MISS. You will NOT BE MISSING OUT ON ANYTHING AT ALL!
And he placed in his ad 'NO REPAIRS WILL BE NEEDED AT ALL'. - HAHAHAHAHA no repairs? Yes, no repairs cos' he will not give a care at all for whatever happens to your car, even if it happens one minute after you have bought it! That's what he means by NO REPAIRS!

what was the model?

Neutral Newbie

I am keen to purchase 2007-2008 car for own used , willing to pay current paper value + 2-5k . high omv continental car preferred .

anyone keen ? please pm me . thank you .

I am keen to purchase 2007-2008 car for own used , willing to pay current paper value + 2-5k . high omv continental car preferred .

There is a whole lot of direct sellers on sgcarmart. Have you taken a look?

Turbocharged

There is a whole lot of direct sellers on sgcarmart. Have you taken a look?

he wants high OMW conti, which means BMW, merc, audi,....

LOL, paper + 2-5k body for 07-08 car, he can dream longer

Hey bro, I got one 2006 conti OMV $40k.

I can sell you $2k above paper value if you keen.

Current paper $22.9k & scrap @ S$22.2k during March 2016.

Can sell you $22.2k + $2k = $24.2k.

However, handover during March 2016.

PM me if keen.

he wants high OMW conti, which means BMW, merc, audi,....

LOL, paper + 2-5k body for 07-08 car, he can dream longer

No need, I quoted him already.

• Praise 2

Classic case why we need dealers, to deal with such low ballers.

The cheapest contis is asking $14k~18k above paper subjected to body while he is offering $2k~$5k above paper.

Got such deals can let me know.

http://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info_financial.php?ID=459219

http://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info_financial.php?ID=471781

http://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info_financial.php?ID=469991

Turbocharged

Classic case why we need dealers, to deal with such low ballers.

The cheapest contis is asking $14k~18k above paper subjected to body while he is offering $2k~$5k above paper.

Got such deals can let me know.

http://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info_financial.php?ID=459219

http://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info_financial.php?ID=471781

http://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info_financial.php?ID=469991

hoping for liu lian mah [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

hoping for liu lian mah [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

守株待兔 (Waiting for a Rabbit to Run Into a Tree)

A down-on-his-luck farmer wished his luck would change, but lacked the gumption to create his own good fortune. One day while lamenting his fate, he witnessed a rabbit run headlong into a tree, snapping his neck from the imapct. For our starving farmer, this meal was a banquet. He decided to abandon farming altogether and sat under the tree every day afterwards, waiting for more rabbits to crash into it. Of course, none did, and the farmer ended up with nothing. Instead of waiting for success to fall into your lap, go out and create your own.