About LKY's eldest grandson - Li Yipeng

Wishcumstrue

This is for those who only knows him as PM Lee's "albino son".

He is more than that.

Here is his interview and some may be surprised just how well he speaks eventhough he, besides being albino, also suffers from Autism.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gtpZpdxZEs

That may partly explain why he seems to be LKY's closest grandchild, having lost his biological mother when only 19 months old.

Yipeng was often seen comforting his grandpa during his grandma's funeral in 2010..and then appearing by himselfs at SGH to visit the dying LKY.

Now, he bears his grand father's photo during the procession.

As LKY was often quoted, "That's life.."

pic231.jpg

sjgun25033.jpg

Edited by Wishcumstrue
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 16

First time see him speaks! He indeed speaks well.

His speech is decent but why does he have an ang mo accent?

It was also mentioned in the video that several schools turned him down when Ho Ching approached them. I don't see this as likely considering the clout of his parents and aunt who is a big shot in MOE.

Edited by Kusje
  • Praise 2

British english. Either got special mentoring from his ah kong or special english classes at home.

First time see him speaks! He indeed speaks well.

• Praise 2

It was also mentioned in the video that several schools turned him down when Ho Ching approached them. I don't see this as likely considering the clout of his parents and aunt who is a big shot in MOE.

the responsibility quite huge.... not an easy task

• Praise 2

Since most Autism cases are detected since as young as 4 or 5yo I think with his family background they must have "invited" a foreign special needs ang moh teacher to coach him privately till he reach his early teens. That would probably explain his accent. This is not something you pick up overnight. His parents or grandparents doesn't speak with a strong accent. He has a sister called Li Xiu Qi from the same mother, 1 1/2years older dan him.

His mother's death is a mystery though. There were many rumours back dan but I dun think many are true.

Edited by Watwheels
  • Praise 1

Rumor cannot post here. Those who interested can google.

Since most Autism cases are detected since as young as 4 or 5yo I think with his family background they must have "invited" a foreign special needs ang moh teacher to coach him privately till he reach his early teens. That would probably explain his accent. This is not something you pick up overnight. His parents or grandparents doesn't speak with a strong accent. He has a sister called Li Xiu Qi from the same mother, 1 1/2years older dan him.

His mother's death is a mystery though. There were many rumours back dan but I dun think many are true.

Agree. Razer just portray them like regular family, which is stretching imagination. Who would not welcome a white horse in the platoon? MOE will wack resources there until the school buay lin choo. Even tho Yipeng has albino, asperger and half blindness, his contribution to the wellness of special needs students in Singapore is more than all the MP combined.

the responsibility quite huge.... not an easy task

Agree. Guess some dare not take him in cos they may not be confident they have the right teachers to handle the special case well. To some, it is better to no to be super hero than to screw up big time.
  • Praise 2

What this taught me is that: everyone, the rich the poor, the weak the strong, the powerful the ordinary, we all are subjected to the laws of nature. Hence, we all should be proud of who we are and also be grateful for what we are and what we have.

Li Yipeng is lucky, very lucky, to be born to a good family. How many more are like Li Yipeng but are not so lucky to be born to a good or well off family? Some may also be abused because it is tough bringing up a kid like that? So we should be humbled and do our part in society and be more caring.

Don't let the passing of Mr. Lee Kuan Yew go to waste. Let us be a better person but if not at least we try to contribute to make Singapore a better place. We now carry the torch that Mr. Lee Kuan Yew had passed to us. It is up to us now.

• Praise 9

Supercharged

He was my junior in primary school. Somewhere in Bkt Timah area.

He seemed normal to me just like any of us. Personally, I'd much prefer to leave the family to grieve and hope the media can stop asking them for interviews or keep focusing on them. It's tough.

• Praise 3

Agree. Guess some dare not take him in cos they may not be confident they have the right teachers to handle the special case well. To some, it is better to no to be super hero than to screw up big time.

imagine if a 7 yo grandson told Mr Lee, eh this teacher cannot make it ...

Even if Mr Lee doesn't take it seriously, I'm sure he will take a closer look [sweatdrop][sweatdrop]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1