How did you get Intimate with your New Precious?

zerobim08

Tell us how you arrived at your buying decision for your new car  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Which criterion you used to buy your new car?

• - fall in love at first sight (die die must get that car)
    • - dream girl (everything also want and value for money too)
    • - maid servant (liking not important but must do chores well like bringing barang/kids/dogs etc)
    • - tikam tikam (don't care as long as it is 4 wheel as feed-up taking public transport)
    • - bimbo-like (I want my neighbours to pull their hair out with envy seeing my car)
    • - a good wife (must be cheap to operate and maintain)

..flashy title aside...let's share reasons why you decided to buy ("get intimate") the car ("precious") you bought? Tell us what car you bought, when and price. Also give your shortlisted cars before decided on the one.

(Poll) Did you get intimate by..

- fall in love at first sight (die die must get that car)

- dream girl (everything also want and value for money too)

- maid servant (liking not important but must do chores well like bringing barang/kids/dogs etc)

- tikam tikam (don't care as long as it is 4 wheel as feed-up taking public transport)

- bimbo-like (I want my neighbours to pull their hair out with envy seeing my car)

- a good wife (must be cheap to operate and maintain)

↡ Advertisement

Cant afford anything better. Make do.

Same here.

Mine was the best condition of those I saw within my budget (which is not a lot). So just take lor.

Same here.

Mine was the best condition of those I saw within my budget (which is not a lot). So just take lor.

I first saw my current car model in 2001 (in a overseas car mag article on upcoming car), in the flesh in 2002. Was dream car but way above my budget back then. Can only dream.

By 2008 I could afford a used one (new one also could, since COE was so low back then but decided to be frugal). But by then had new 梦姑 liao but new 梦姑 was again out of budget. Goalposts forever shifting one.

I first saw my current car model in 2001 (in a overseas car mag article on upcoming car), in the flesh in 2002. Was dream car but way above my budget back then. Can only dream.

By 2008 I could afford a used one (new one also could, since COE was so low back then but decided to be frugal). But by then had new 梦姑 liao but new 梦姑 was again out of budget. Goalposts forever shifting one.

My current car has always been something i like a lot but out of my budget.

Finally, after 13 years of waiting, i can afford to buy a USED car.

After driving this car for more than 1 yr, i have difficulty looking for my next car.

My current car has always been something i like a lot but out of my budget.

Finally, after 13 years of waiting, i can afford to buy a USED car.

After driving this car for more than 1 yr, i have difficulty looking for my next car.

Wait, you got E34 Ham5 right? That was also my dream car back in University days and still now still is a dream car amongst others.

Wait, you got E34 Ham5 right? That was also my dream car back in University days and still now still is a dream car amongst others.

I would luv to get hold of E39 Yam5. Maintenance out of my budget.

I would luv to get hold of E31 Eight fifty CSI. Maintenance & road tax out of my budget.

I am driving a Mini now.

Turbocharged

How about "being good in bed" type?

The car looks mediocre and fugly to some, it's not exactly cheap or practical.

But it's got a 200bhp turbo engine that leave the traffic behind.

That's not "getting intimate", that's just deciding how you want to get your bank account raped.

Getting intimate is:

- That first slalom where you toss the steering left and right, finding out how she well she dances. Basically how she handles her weight transfer and body control.

- That first time you take her to a quiet road, start pulling on her hair (brakes) and run her through some hard braking, emergency stops, braking&swerving and getting familiar with her braking thresholds, when/how her ABS kicks in and how her brakes fade over time. Personally I like to know how she reacts when I need to do some hard braking in a turn.

- Those progressive increments, in slow corners and long sweepers, as you push her little by little and slowly get to know her handling balance. Getting to know her in the curves.

- For those more aggressive ones, waiting for that first heavy rainfall when you feel that she is ready then rushing over to Johor Circuit to toss her around while she gets wet. Some might even forgo the safety equipment and turn down/off the stability and traction control. All in the name of knowing how she handles because things like this are important to know and might be useful in an emergency situation.

- The first time you put her into 3rd gear at low rpm and power through to the rev limit, giving her a good rodgering to get a feel of when and how the torque comes in and when the power tapers off. This first experience will form the basis of how you use the gears and revs when you need to need to get a move on in the future.

- The first time you take her out onto an open stretch of road and push her at some higher speeds, to get an idea of her stability, damping, handling and aerodynamic characteristics.

Yeah that's how I get intimate with her.

Disclaimer: The above all done in safe and quiet environments without putting any other parties at risk, of course.

• Praise 1

I would luv to get hold of E39 Yam5. Maintenance out of my budget.

I would luv to get hold of E31 Eight fifty CSI. Maintenance & road tax out of my budget.

I am driving a Mini now.

Since both already hit the oppressive 50% Additional Road tax and E31 only about 600 cc more, I conclude that you are a wealthy person who can afford the 4.9 + 50% road tax since you never say E39 road tax out of budget.

Since both already hit the oppressive 50% Additional Road tax and E31 only about 600 cc more, I conclude that you are a wealthy person who can afford the 4.9 + 50% road tax since you never say E39 road tax out of budget.

If i am a wealthy person, i will definitely buy E39 Yam5.

If i am a wealthy person, i will definitely buy E39 Yam5.

Over 10 years ago, there was an E24 628 selling for 10k, only about a years COE left. Looking back, I regret not going for it. To have at least owned a E24 is one box ticked.

• Praise 1

LoL...Lord of the rings fan is it?

image.png

Pai seh. I'm not that troll in that picture plus I do not call my car "my precious". I find it very creepy. To me a car is a car, a machine that brings me from point A to B.

I only get intimate with my wife, someone with a soul, has flesh and blood. Not the cold hard steel body of a car. LoL...

↡ Advertisement