Need advise: got hit by malaysian van from behind

Advancer

Hi all, was very unlucky and got hit by a malaysian van today. My Toyota Altis is just 3 weeks old.

It hit our car on the back and obviously it's the van driver's fault as we were stationary at the red light.

No injuries and did a police report together.

Later then found out that Borneo motors won't do a claim against 3rd party and especially a Malaysian insurance conpany.

Found out that total repair cost would be $1500 but the van driver isn't willing to pay as he keep insisting he is covered by insurance and have the rights not to pay a single cent. He then verbally agreed to fork out $1k as a goodwill but it has to be over a few months as he is a blue collar construction worker here.

That guy has now gone back to jb and I don't even know if he is really paying me the $1k.

We definitely won't do a claim from our own insurance as my dad was at the steering wheel and excess would be in the thousands.

Any kind advise from fellow forumers here? Any reliable workshop willing to do Malaysian insurance claim?

Edited by Advancer
↡ Advertisement

welcome to singapore ... there is nothing you can do ... i repeat there is nothing you can do

best option is let borneo do 1st party claim repair which means claim your own insurance

then let your own insurance to claim malaysia insurance ... this takes about 1-3 years (this consider fast track liao)

whether you got high loading on your insurance renewal ... this one case-by-case depends on your insurer

alternatively, don't claim insurance and you fix it out your own pocket money and hopefully can get back $1k from the person ...

which is highly unlikely ... that's about RM2600

how come excess in thousands because your dad is at the wheel ... unname driver?

if this is the case ... go to outside workshop repair lor ... find a cheap and good one

if borneo quote $1500 ... outside probably 40% cheaper ...

best of the best is find a outside workshop that is willing to do 3rd party claim against malaysia car

this mean $0 out of pocket from you

why outside workshop willing to do this is because they will inflate the claim 3-4x to make money ... and risk not able to claim

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 5

Since this malaysian vehicle and driver engaging business or employment with a local company, you may seek their local counter-part for help and reasoning, thus convince the driver at fault to comply to his principal customer advise to avoid your motor claim legal suit to pay for your damages to reach "private settlement".

Edited by 2BDriver

welcome to singapore ... there is nothing you can do ... i repeat there is nothing you can do

best option is let borneo do 1st party claim repair which means claim your own insurance

then let your own insurance to claim malaysia insurance ... this takes about 1-3 years (this consider fast track liao)

whether you got high loading on your insurance renewal ... this one case-by-case depends on your insurer

alternatively, don't claim insurance and you fix it out your own pocket money and hopefully can get back $1k from the person ...

which is highly unlikely ... that's about RM2600

how come excess in thousands because your dad is at the wheel ... unname driver?

if this is the case ... go to outside workshop repair lor ... find a cheap and good one

if borneo quote $1500 ... outside probably 40% cheaper ...

best of the best is find a outside workshop that is willing to do 3rd party claim against malaysia car

this mean $0 out of pocket from you

why outside workshop willing to do this is because they will inflate the claim 3-4x to make money ... and risk not able to claim

Bro my dad is 67 thus he is classified as overage driver. Understand that his excess is $3500, so I definitely won't claim my own insurance plus it affects ncd.

i see

if you are not going to claim own insurance then you gotta fix it on your own liao ... [:(]

no choice ... singapore car is no $100k no talk ... which are called baobei car

if kena accident with msia car either in spore or in msia ... spore car is likely at disadvantage

Bro my dad is 67 thus he is classified as overage driver. Understand that his excess is $3500, so I definitely won't claim my own insurance plus it affects ncd.

Edited by Wt_know

Since this malaysian vehicle and driver engaging business or employment with a local company, you may seek their local counter-part for help and reasoning, thus convince the driver at fault to comply to his principal customer advise to avoid your motor claim legal suit to pay for your damages to reach "private settlement".

Very complicated. He is just a subcontractor installing tiles for home renovation. Only has contractor above him and I doubt they will do anything about it.

Neutral Newbie

You dam shui. I also got hit by a malaysian suv 2 year ago while queing along BKE toward custom. This guy also working in Singapore as a sport trainer. He willing to fork the repair 600+ and lost of use 300+ and even round up to $1000. Not very serious but rear bumper dent and rear door cant close. Cost include spray paint. Mine is jazz. Cheer

Very complicated. He is just a subcontractor installing tiles for home renovation. Only has contractor above him and I doubt they will do anything about it.

Warn them you are taking up "Legal Suit" to recovers your car damages with Singapore Traffic Law & Regulation Act, engage a motor claim lawyer to serve him your legal suit summon personally with explanation of the consequences, let's see he knows how to calculate his risk factors of jeopardizing his on-going or unfinish job contract, rather to get involve in Singapore strict legal law and order enforcement.

Edited by 2BDriver
  • Praise 1

(edited)

Warn them you are taking up "Legal Suit" to recovers your car damages with Singapore Traffic Law & Regulation Act, engage a motor claim lawyer to serve him your legal suit summon personally with explanation of the consequences, let's see he knows how to calculate his risk factors of jeopardizing his on-going or unfinish job contract, rather to get involve in Singapore strict legal law and order enforcement.

Easier said. How much will the legals fees cost? And he has also legally done his part to make a police report with me. Doubt he is liable for anything else.

You dam shui. I also got hit by a malaysian suv 2 year ago while queing along BKE toward custom. This guy also working in Singapore as a sport trainer. He willing to fork the repair 600+ and lost of use 300+ and even round up to $1000. Not very serious but rear bumper dent and rear door cant close. Cost include spray paint. Mine is jazz. Cheer

You can't be any luckier. I am unlucky to meet a selfish and poor worker.

Edited by Advancer

Easier said. How much will the legals fees cost? And he has also legally done his rights to make a police report with me. Doubt he is liable for anything else.

My workshop ever help me to get the motor claim legal letter to serve to the other party at fault, I paid it for $120

If you prefer easy ways, claim your own new car comprehensive first party motor claim compensation, enough said and wish you good luck.

Edited by 2BDriver

Twincharged

Just go and find those workshop willing to do 3rd party claim for malaysian vehicles. But you will have to wait a long time. Sure can claim but the last round I claim from a malaysia vehicle, it took about 5+ years.

My suggestion ... if the damage is not too serious, don't go to AD and forget about making any claims.

Go to a a good workshop and pay from your own pocket.

Shit happens .... and this is one such incident.

If Borneo AD indicated it is a $1500 job, then it may be a less than $1000 repair at outside workshop.

Considering the time and cost of sending out legal letters etc, it may be just 破财挡灾, just repair it and move on.

The whole insurance claiming process can be quite a stress with sleepless nights even for local case (SG reg vehicles) for some people. Imagine this is involving a Malaysia vehicle.

Just my 2cents thought.

All the best!

Sounds to me small bumper knock. Do yourself and pay for it. Treat it as a lesson to stay away from malaysia cars. I always do that. When there is malaysia car infront or behind me. Change lane and move on. You will waste too much time n effort trying to recover this cost and its wasting time.

Learn n move on.

• Praise 1

Some Bros will know I was hit from behind by a Msian car 2 days before the Msian driver's wedding in his wedding car! He held a work permit so I took a picture of his work permit. He agreed to pay out of his own pocket and recommended his workshop. I checked with my AD and the claims came to approx $5000+. He said he cannot pay and asked to claim his insurance! I had no choice and was prepared to forgo the money as I have heard that Msian drivers are unreliable.

However, I checked my own workshop and then I went to his workshop (after researching extensively). The final cost from his workshop was approx $2500 which I paid the initial deposit of $1500. He paid me back eventually and he has some agreement with the workshop to pay back in instalments.

I think the chap working in Singapore worked in my advantage as he knows that if I took a suit against him he will have never return to Singapore.

All the best Bro.

If you need contact of the workshop PM me or search my reviews of the workshop. They did a good job.

• Praise 2

Hi all, was very unlucky and got hit by a malaysian van today. My Toyota Altis is just 3 weeks old.

It hit our car on the back and obviously it's the van driver's fault as we were stationary at the red light.

No injuries and did a police report together.

Later then found out that Borneo motors won't do a claim against 3rd party and especially a Malaysian insurance conpany.

Found out that total repair cost would be $1500 but the van driver isn't willing to pay as he keep insisting he is covered by insurance and have the rights not to pay a single cent. He then verbally agreed to fork out $1k as a goodwill but it has to be over a few months as he is a blue collar construction worker here.

That guy has now gone back to jb and I don't even know if he is really paying me the $1k.

We definitely won't do a claim from our own insurance as my dad was at the steering wheel and excess would be in the thousands.

Any kind advise from fellow forumers here? Any reliable workshop willing to do Malaysian insurance claim?

get him to do some small home improvement works for you or relatives

barter trade [idea]

Some Bros will know I was hit from behind by a Msian car 2 days before the Msian driver's wedding in his wedding car! He held a work permit so I took a picture of his work permit. He agreed to pay out of his own pocket and recommended his workshop. I checked with my AD and the claims came to approx $5000+. He said he cannot pay and asked to claim his insurance! I had no choice and was prepared to forgo the money as I have heard that Msian drivers are unreliable.

However, I checked my own workshop and then I went to his workshop (after researching extensively). The final cost from his workshop was approx $2500 which I paid the initial deposit of $1500. He paid me back eventually and he has some agreement with the workshop to pay back in instalments.

I think the chap working in Singapore worked in my advantage as he knows that if I took a suit against him he will have never return to Singapore.

All the best Bro.

If you need contact of the workshop PM me or search my reviews of the workshop. They did a good job.

lucky this chap delievered!

but he also damm sway also

drive wedding car also can buang

so urgent meh? must meet auspicious timing?

Supercharged

if damage is not serious and mainly comestic, i think can easily fix with outside workshop.

anything less than $1k... shouldn't fret over it. If claim thru insurance, it is gg to be long process and your premiums might be affect during this process... no pt

Hi:

Will be hard I will guess for the driver to pay u back....

May u can buy 4D of yr car number?...maybe can recover from there?

Just a little suggestion...😊

↡ Advertisement