RS Chip Tuning

azaouogh

Hi, has anyone used this before? Any reviews? Does these chips actually increase the hp and torque?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

I fixed it to my car already, ard 2 weeks...

There is an improvement in power n pick up but no noticeable

Fuel consumption lower,

Car feels lighter....

Worth... Coz this thing can be transferred to other veh if i sell this present one

As long as not turbo charged

• Praise 3

Chip tuning has a lot of factors and how much the engine allows you to tune. TC or NA, if 1.6L NA and below...IMO dun waste your money.

• Praise 1

I fixed it to my car already, ard 2 weeks...

There is an improvement in power n pick up but no noticeable

Fuel consumption lower,

Car feels lighter....

Worth... Coz this thing can be transferred to other veh if i sell this present one

As long as not turbo charged

What car 're you driving bro?

Installed this gadget 3days ago at Nightzconcept on 2014 altis. Better pickup then before,improvements in low and mid range. Feel the car can go 0 to 100 are 9.8secs.

• Praise 3

Do you have a link for this RS chip? I am not familiar with it.

Chips in general can work very well. My racechip ultimate definitely makes a difference for my car, improving power and torque and also fuel consumption. So that's win-win.

Chips are definitely not snake oil like throttle boosters etc. By the same token, they are actually an engine modification and can therefore cause more wear in the medium to long term. Some cars can also throw error codes.

Edited by Turboflat4
  • Praise 1
  • Dislike 1

Installed this gadget 3days ago at Nightzconcept on 2014 altis. Better pickup then before,improvements in low and mid range. Feel the car can go 0 to 100 are 9.8secs.

Woah...n altis 0 to 100 under 10s?

• Praise 2

Do you have a link for this RS chip? I am not familiar with it.

Chips in general can work very well. My racechip ultimate definitely makes a difference for my car, improving power and torque and also fuel consumption. So that's win-win.

Chips are definitely not snake oil like throttle boosters etc. By the same token, they are actually an engine modification and can therefore cause more wear in the medium to long term. Some cars can also throw error codes.

Racechip is for TC petrol & diesel engines. I think this chip they are talking about is for NA engines. TC confirm more room for tuning especially on the turbo boost. For NA the parameters for tuning are very limited and for the price ppl are paying per bhp increase it's very expensive compared to TC tuning.

NA tuning 10-20hp increase depending on engine capacity.

TC petrol tuning is 20%-30% increase hp & torque regardless of engine capacity.

TC diesel tuning is 30%+ hp and torque regardless of engine capacity.

Yup. Can feel improvements from 0 to 60 feels lighter and ready to go. Fc wise need a few more days to monitor damn shiok traveling in the PIE just now from east to west.

how much of the distance one needed to cover or the amount of petrol one needed to use to justify the money spend on this gadget?

for NA car i would say forget it as your butt cant tell the the diff eventually.

much more can be extracted from remapping a TC car .

Been there and done that and I had my fun. I made a deal with myself and that I shall keep stock for all things in my present ride.

Racechip is for TC petrol & diesel engines. I think this chip they are talking about is for NA engines. TC confirm more room for tuning especially on the turbo boost. For NA the parameters for tuning are very limited and for the price ppl are paying per bhp increase it's very expensive compared to TC tuning.

NA tuning 10-20hp increase depending on engine capacity.

TC petrol tuning is 20%-30% increase hp & torque regardless of engine capacity.

TC diesel tuning is 30%+ hp and torque regardless of engine capacity.

Not so. Racechip does supply modules for NA cars like the BMW 118i and RS chips (from the link) does supply a module for the TC 1M coupe.

But I agree that the gains with a TC are going to be higher than with an NA. That's true of pretty much any mod though.

Turbocharged

Is this a ECU full reflash or a piggyback?

Bottom line, if your car gas no turbo, don't waste your money.

If your car is turbocharged, better to stuck with tested and proven chips for your model as they already have a template mapping for your model this reduces the risk of screwing up your ECU.

Not so. Racechip does supply modules for NA cars like the BMW 118i and RS chips (from the link) does supply a module for the TC 1M coupe.

But I agree that the gains with a TC are going to be higher than with an NA. That's true of pretty much any mod though.

I see...After looking at the video it's pretty much the same as racechip. For TC cars it's direct plug and play to the MAP sensor.

Except for NA it's connected to the OBD connector.

Is this a ECU full reflash or a piggyback?

Bottom line, if your car gas no turbo, don't waste your money.

If your car is turbocharged, better to stuck with tested and proven chips for your model as they already have a template mapping for your model this reduces the risk of screwing up your ECU.

Neither is it a reflash nor piggyback. It's plug & play to the MAP sensor. But it's pretty much a ecu since it has a processor and a motherboard. And the strange thing is it won't bypass the factory settings in the ecu. So all the safety settings to protect the engine is untouched. If not for this I wouldn't have got the racechip.

Edited by Watwheels

Did you go for the dyno test?

I see...After looking at the video it's pretty much the same as racechip. For TC cars it's direct plug and play to the MAP sensor.

Except for NA it's connected to the OBD connector.

Neither is it a reflash nor piggyback. It's plug & play to the MAP sensor. But it's pretty much a ecu since it has a processor and a motherboard. And the strange thing is it won't bypass the factory settings in the ecu. So all the safety settings to protect the engine is untouched. If not for this I wouldn't have got the racechip.

I believe they're still called "piggybacks" - they piggyback on top of your existing ECU without replacing it.

BTW, why would you think this is better than the Racechip Ultimate?

Edited by Turboflat4
↡ Advertisement