WS to go for brake pads

nazerath

Turbocharged

for mid size toyota cars? any workshop to recommend? looking to change pads and maybe rotors. any brands of pads to recommend? want something grippy, Noise, dust, fast wear is ok. Had wanted to order from overseas but cannot be sure that it would fit.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Supercharged

Why not buy from stockists then bring to your regular ws to install?

Aside from that, is the brand "Elig" any good? I understand they only make for the front/back (dunno which end)...

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

hoping to change to other brand which is hopefully better than stock, I understand that toyota makes quite good pads. Used to use EBC but that was on another car.

I'm also looking for brake pads to standby. Looking at cash & carry.

pads if not aftermarket can get from stockist. getting matching sets from online is sometimes a hit and miss.

• Praise 2

hoping to change to other brand which is hopefully better than stock, I understand that toyota makes quite good pads. Used to use EBC but that was on another car.

pads if not aftermarket can get from stockist. getting matching sets from online is sometimes a hit and miss.

For Japanese cars I recommend this. One of the better brake pads I have used so far. Previously I used it for my Civic FD1.

post-18163-0-93499100-1430888699.jpg

But now that I have changed car I'm looking to try others. I saw a few brands from sgcarmart. Maybe later I try calling the distributors.

Turbocharged

thanks, how did you know if it fits your civic?

thought of getting a set from the stockist then measure it but it seems impractical

• Praise 6

thanks, how did you know if it fits your civic?

thought of getting a set from the stockist then measure it but it seems impractical

yea get from stockist from honda distributor they will know the size unless u bought a high end brake....

Why not buy from stockists then bring to your regular ws to install?

Aside from that, is the brand "Elig" any good? I understand they only make for the front/back (dunno which end)...

agree. Toyota best to use stock.

My ws told me ratio of changing brake pad will be front 2: rear1.

(edited)

Recommend by WS to use Vetto disc rotor 2pc - $140 and Toyota original brake pads for both front - $90. Exclude labour $30-$50. Is the parts combination good to use?

Toyota original disc rotor - $120 per pc

Edited by Ken1898

Neutral Newbie

try MSP Performance Racing @91402789 - check reviews if you are uncertain but I find the boss Calvin trained in germany fairly knowledgable and honest. I brought my Bentley over for service. Price reasonable and good workmanship.

Turbocharged

try MSP Performance Racing @91402789 - check reviews if you are uncertain but I find the boss Calvin trained in germany fairly knowledgable and honest. I brought my Bentley over for service. Price reasonable and good workmanship.

another Elite owner......welcome to MCF

Recommend by WS to use Vetto disc rotor 2pc - $140 and Toyota original brake pads for both front - $90. Exclude labour $30-$50. Is the parts combination good to use?

Toyota original disc rotor - $120 per pc

Toyota, best to go for original ones..

Turbocharged

Rotors for 140 a pair I think better avoid. I rather use stock for rotors. Yr pads are a bit on the high side, what car you driving?

Neutral Newbie

Just do not go to Wee Hoe.

Dear Car Owners, if you are buying any resale cars and your dealer asked you to send to their appointed workshop - wee hoe workshop for repair. Current location. tel no 68580019. 19 kim chuan terrace. Do at your own risk. I trusted the dealer and send my car there. For two days for simple repair where my usual mechanic would have done it within hours . Also repair/problems was not fixed and create some additionalproblems after two days. Messed up the car interior . Very bad experience with them. Totally unprofessional mechanics and owners.

Careful ! so you don't experience this bad experience .

Just do not go to Wee Hoe.

Dear Car Owners, if you are buying any resale cars and your dealer asked you to send to their appointed workshop - wee hoe workshop for repair. Current location. tel no 68580019. 19 kim chuan terrace. Do at your own risk. I trusted the dealer and send my car there. For two days for simple repair where my usual mechanic would have done it within hours . Also repair/problems was not fixed and create some additionalproblems after two days. Messed up the car interior . Very bad experience with them. Totally unprofessional mechanics and owners.

Careful ! so you don't experience this bad experience .

no offence CarLinkedin, but I would go against car dealer recommendations. e.g. car paint and tires recommendations. but for your case, maybe should sound out to the dealer and ask him to absorb the cost. don't think he wants only one deal from you.

Hi nazerath,

Where are you residing? You can use Hawk HPS Brake Pads. Last month I also get changed my Camry's brake with Hawk HPS brake pads from  https://www.yourmechanic.com/cars/toyota.                                                                                               .

Edited by ElisaGrace

Hi nazerath,

Where are you residing? You can use Hawk HPS Brake Pads. Last month I also get changed my Camry's brake with Hawk HPS brake pads from  https://www.yourmechanic.com/cars/toyota.                                                                                               .

do they have Hawk HPS for BMW?

↡ Advertisement