Nano coating or just re spray ....

Piyopico

Supercharged

Would you invest one grand to coat the car which probably will last 2-3 years or just save the money and budget a respray 3 years later?

Pros and cons.

😁

↡ Advertisement

Golden questions:

1. How old is your car?

2. Do you intend to renew COE?

3. Is there value addedness to your career in having a shiny car?

If all answers are no, please proceed to spend the money on your family instead. More people happy better than one person happy.

Would you invest one grand to coat the car which probably will last 2-3 years or just save the money and budget a respray 3 years later?

Pros and cons.

😁

• Praise 2

Supercharged

Golden questions:

1. How old is your car?

2. Do you intend to renew COE?

3. Is there value addedness to your career in having a shiny car?

If all answers are no, please proceed to spend the money on your family instead. More people happy better than one person happy.

My ride 3 days old.

No.

I dun have a career.

How leh?

😜

invest in a good glass coating or a paint protection system, will maintain the value of the original paintwork against birdpoo

however....wont help much against irresponsible 3rd party...

my e200 got small scrape (by someone trolley) and some other scratches and key mark at waist height all within 1 wk after doing pps, too shiny people also jealous

Been also doing some desktop research on this - (zero chemistry background so pls correct if wrong) ... seems that the nano coating is an improved version of the earlier "polymer sealants/PPS" and they are more lasting/durable compared w the polymer sealants/PPS. Also anti-scratch and hydrophobic hence easier to clean?!

Piyopico, if you hv the nano provided by the AD, any comments on it??

Any bros have comments on which nano coating is good & durable?

No career but own business is it?

Then go and do lor.

My ride got scratched one round when it was 3 months old. Cry also no use. Before that I painstakingly wash every week by myself.

After that, heck care la. Drive 10 yrs also scrap liao.

My ride 3 days old.
No.
I dun have a career.

How leh?

😜

Pros and cons.

😁

i will do both... and i did both lol

Then go and do lor.

My ride got scratched one round when it was 3 months old. Cry also no use. Before that I painstakingly wash every week by myself.

why need career or own business?

Hypersonic

Pros and cons.

😁

FYI there are coating options ~0.5k

search around

:D

For appearances.. that's what most towkays do anyway. Keep the car shiny for image upkeep.

why need career or own business?

For appearances.. that's what most towkays do anyway. Keep the car shiny for image upkeep.

Most towkays I think take pride in the status n appearance of their cars.if they cannot even maintain a car well,what is there to say about their business? of course, this does not really apply to small time business man

Supercharged
(edited)

Been also doing some desktop research on this - (zero chemistry background so pls correct if wrong) ... seems that the nano coating is an improved version of the earlier "polymer sealants/PPS" and they are more lasting/durable compared w the polymer sealants/PPS. Also anti-scratch and hydrophobic hence easier to clean?!

Piyopico, if you hv the nano provided by the AD, any comments on it??

Any bros have comments on which nano coating is good & durable?

The car actually comes with nanotechnology coat, some more got one more free coat to be utilised within 18 months.

I really dun know how good is it so considering 3rd party. However I have this feeling none of them will last more than 9 months. .....

😆

Then go and do lor.

Aiya. Just earn enough la.

I dun really wanna spend time at the workshop waiting for people to polish my car thatz why looking for one solid type that will allow me to wash car once every two weeks.

Edited by Piyopico

The car actually comes with nanotechnology coat, some more got one more free coat to be utilised within 18 months.

I really dun know how good is it so considering 3rd party. However I have this feeling none of them will last more than 9 months. .....

Some of the other nano coatings are super deep glossy wet look and are 3-5 layers - plus they also apply to the rims (in addition to headlights, plastics and chrome trim)!!!!! (Pretty sure AD's is only 1 layer and water doesnt seem to bead up very well.) The alleged ease of maintenance is making me consider doing a nano coat.... hmmm...

Aiya. Just earn enough la.

I dun really wanna spend time at the workshop waiting for people to polish my car thatz why looking for one solid type that will allow me to wash car once every two weeks.

If you want to wash your car every forthnight, then you have to pray for sun everyday. Road dirt accumulated for 1 week + sudden rain + white car = very dirty. Lol

Depending on how "Imm Chim" you are ... Some are very Anal about it ...

For me, I just pay those guys at the shopping center car park to do a Simple Wash, Polish & Vacuum while my family goes to the Supermarket & Makan ... 3 hrs later ... All Done ...

Kim Kim ... Kut Kut ... And we're not talking about Porker's Ass here ... 😂

+1 on glass coating

I did mine for 5 mths now, shine still there and no water marks, compared to neighbor's new mazda 3 bought around the same time. bird poo also easier to wash away.

There are more and more workshops doing it now, range from $400-$1k++ for 3 layers of glass coating in SG.

Do search around.

I did my glass coating at detail mania when car was 3mths old. It was very well done.

Pros:

Water beading effect

Washing is super easy (car shampoo can already)

Bird shit easy wipe.

Car still shines well after wash.

No need spend hours waxing yourself

Supercharged
(edited)

I did my glass coating at detail mania when car was 3mths old. It was very well done.

Pros:

Water beading effect

Washing is super easy (car shampoo can already)

Bird shit easy wipe.

Car still shines well after wash.

No need spend hours waxing yourself

Bimmer never give free nano coating? Or you apply additional coat?

Edited by Piyopico
↡ Advertisement