AD bidding practice is dubious - someone pls explain?

Hamustar

Neutral Newbie

Just wondering if this is a 'normal' or unfair practice.

I booked a Cat-A car from a top AD here about 1 mth before, when COE was $67k and the car price reflected as such.

During the May 1st bidding, SE says they bidded at 68k, but COE went to 68.6k.

Then came May 2nd bid, SE then says they bidded at under 65k instead !?!???? and alas did not get the COE which ended at 66.6k.

Thought i paid at a price based on $67k COE, why did the AD shortchange me by bidding lower ?? Is this common?

↡ Advertisement

Perhaps you should ask them for the proof that they actually bidded.

Maybe they didn't even try. If you signed for the guranteed COE package within 6 bids, they got time.

And if the rebate level is low, even if successful at lower COE, you also bo pian. You get your new car, they earn a bit more...

Supercharged

did your sales agreement say they must bid a certain price?

if not, then y comprain?

it is the norm, which is why we ask LTA to ban dealer bidding...

• Praise 4

Neutral Newbie

You're right , the sales agreement did not state any bidding price. I would not have posted if it did.

So essentially quite screwed and 10k deposit locked up for 3mths. As to which AD, i can't be specific, only can say they distribute very reliable cars.

Lessons learnt la, i guess. Advise to all discerning buyers, ask your SE to explain clearly about the bidding process.

• Praise 1

(edited)

I'm assuming you opt for 6 non guarantee bids? Unless you opt for 1 guaranteed bid dan you question them lah.

In other words you are not priority (Are you one of those kan cheong spider unkers?). There are other customers as well like those who made the booking earlier before you you you (dun everything me me me ) were unsuccess in the bidding. AD would want to clear them first. Just leave it to them to do the bidding, they have 6 bids to decide when to go in and bid for you.

Like I said, it's either 1 bid or 6 bids. How they do it they have their way and they won't let you know until it's successful...or not. If not successful dan you make noise. You are so kan cheong you might as well opt for the 1 bid. If AD is a big fish there's nothing to worry. Worst come to worst they will return you the deposit. Now the demand for new cars is high despite the high price. So do expect the unexpected.

FYI even if you tekan your SE he/she won't know coz there have a dept who does the bidding. Your SE is only in charge of selling. Bidding is left for someone else to take care of. If I'm not wrong this type of info they won't let outside ppl know. Even if you call and ask every hour every minute also no use. Your SE might just be giving you BS to patronise you coz he/she also have no idea. So take what he/she says with a pinch of salt.

Edited by Watwheels
  • Praise 9

Why cannot say the AD name? Afraid of?

You're right , the sales agreement did not state any bidding price. I would not have posted if it did.

So essentially quite screwed and 10k deposit locked up for 3mths. As to which AD, i can't be specific, only can say they distribute very reliable cars.

Lessons learnt la, i guess. Advise to all discerning buyers, ask your SE to explain clearly about the bidding process.

(edited)

Lucky you didn't name the AD, else if they come across this post, they can sue you.

The way COE bidding is that they can bid any price they want as long as you didn't sign for one bid guaranteed COE. Even for one bid guaranteed COE, you can only bang table if they failed to secure COE for you.

Most of the companies have their sales contracts draft and verify by big lawyers and thus they have most of the areas covered. Those companies that didn't get sales contracts draft and verify by big lawyers are either foolish or stupid to believe that all people doing business with them are honest people.

Edited by Leo72
  • Praise 1

I booked a Cat-A car from a top AD here about 1 mth before, when COE was $67k and the car price reflected as such.

Then came May 2nd bid, SE then says they bidded at under 65k instead !?!???? and alas did not get the COE which ended at 66.6k.

Thought i paid at a price based on $67k COE, why did the AD shortchange me by bidding lower ?? Is this common?

AD always have their bottom line as their first interest. PI also the same. If I'm the T brand CEO, with so many orders to fulfil, I will definitely try to massage the order with the COE price to maximize my profit and lower my cost.

Why not just be patient and wait since your order comes under the 6 bids non guaranteed bidding. Put yourself in car dealer position, wouldn't you do the same. Since you think you paid a good price for your car, why would you think the AD doesn't want to fulfil your order?

• Praise 1

(edited)

1st time buying car?

AD is KING

they can bid whatever price they want, when they want, suka suka bid suka suka don't bid

some even got open coe which is bidded 1-2 months back which is not the coe price when you signed the agreement

the sales agreement has all the clauses that protect the AD

as long as they sell you the car with the price agree and coe level rebate ... that's all

bid lower AD no fault ... if needed to bid higher they will call you to top up

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 2

Thought the COE is $67k, the car price only shows the COE rebate level. So as long as AD bid above the COE rebate level, there is nothing you can argue. If yours is a guarantee COE, then just wait as you sure get your car. If non-guarantee, sometimes is good to make some noise to the Sales manager to force them to bid right for you.

If not wrong when COE is $67k, KM set the highest COE rebate of $63k while the rest of the AD only 55 to 58k. So it is always difficult to argue but just made noise and show the unhappiness to force the AD.

• Praise 1

Twincharged

All these complain post are from 1st time buyers of new cars. Happy just buy, not happy don't buy. Or self bid and self import. What is there to complain?

Everything should be stated in the contract, verbal no use, so read the contract carefully before deciding your next course of action

• Praise 1

Supercharged

All these complain post are from 1st time buyers of new cars. Happy just buy, not happy don't buy. Or self bid and self import. What is there to complain?

dun so fierce to newbies lah [sweatdrop]

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

Where's the issue - if six bid contract then it means six bids...

It doesn't mean that die die must get in first bid

Also - to think that the COE price the week you signed is the COE factored into your car is wrong - if expected that then take the one bid package

Sometimes, I do not understand the mentality of customers. Case in point is my uncle. U want cheap. So u want 6 bids. But u wanna dictate at what price the AD bid? come one man. If they know what price the COE is, they will be able to predict the future prices.....if wanna be dead sure u r gonna get the car, top up and go for GURANTEED bid. Sure get.

1st time buying car?

AD is KING

they can bid whatever price they want, when they want, suka suka bid suka suka don't bid

some even got open coe which is bidded 1-2 months back which is not the coe price when you signed the agreement

the sales agreement has all the clauses that protect the AD

as long as they sell you the car with the price agree and coe level rebate ... that's all

bid lower AD no fault ... if needed to bid higher they will call you to top up

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1