Video missing from memory card

So_nice

Today I removed my micro sd car from the dash cam wanting to retrieve some footages from few days ago and to my surprise it was not inside! It only has the footages from my drive this morning and several weeks/mths back. Is it something wrong with my camera, the settings or memory card? Pls advise. 😢

↡ Advertisement

1. Formatting from time to time is highly recommended to avoid these issues

2. Periodically, you need to check if recording is okay or not (this can give you an idea of any angle change because of accidental touching)

3. Last but not the least, it is a common occurance

• Praise 2

(edited)

BlackVue recommends that it's microSD cards be formatted using SDFormatter. SD cards should not be formatted by Operating Systems... according to the SD folks.

Do note that the formatting takes a long time... 16gb is around 30 mins.. 32gb ~ 1 Hr... formatting 64gb should be exciting. haha

https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4/

Edited by Djcoolmax
  • Praise 1

What's the size of your memory card? I'm using a 16GB for my 24/7 camera & it only saves about 2 days of recordings.

Sometimes, the heat may have killed certain sectors of ur SD card. Or that your cam is behaving erratic. My cam shows recording but nothing was written to the SD card/ Replaced the SD card and it was ok.

U just gotta test the possibilities.

• Praise 1

What's the size of your memory card? I'm using a 16GB for my 24/7 camera & it only saves about 2 days of recordings.

how long it records also depends on the video quality and if it's a dual-channel setup.

could it be that your overwrite settings is set to not overwrite video triggered by events? and that you have quite a bit of historical event triggered videos, and only little space left for the running recording. to fix this, either change the overwrite settings to overwrite all videos, or periodically delete event triggered videos from your memory card.

↡ Advertisement