Neighbour complains Malay food is smelly

Stooky

(edited)

Neighbour told Malay aunty to stop cooking at home as Malay food is smelly. The next door neighbour must be FT

My parents have been terrorized by their new neighbour for half a year. They told my mum to stop cooking malay food they call them all "curry" coz they find it smelly. They reported my mum's cooking to Police, NEA, Town Council and RC and all these agencies have visited my mum's house to investigate but could not do anything to mum. To date my mum has fear of cooking at home n now has totally stopped cooking. They didn't want any confrontation n didn't want to make any complain to avoid conflict. U know how old folks are...so patient n tolerant. But last night i went ahead to make a police report. However, i understand from police they can only advise her neighbour to stop their acts. I have to go to SCDF, NEA and Town Council to complain if i want action. U can read the police report for a brief strory n descriptions on the pics below, advice pls if there is anything else i can do.

16989_10153314629792090_7395184638323144

18828_10153314636597090_8642857931311939

https://www.facebook.com/lisa.hussin/posts/10153314647397090#sthash.jsxfD1lx.dpuf

Edited by Stooky
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

This type of incosiderate behaviour bullying neighbour especially oldfolks is unacceptable and unforgivable. TS may consider initiating mediaton on behalf of your mum and hopefully this matter can be settled amicably.

• Praise 2

This type of incosiderate behaviour bullying neighbour especially oldfolks is unacceptable and unforgivable. TS may consider initiating mediaton on behalf of your mum and hopefully this matter can be settled amicably.

Possibly can invite the neighbour to try some kuey kuey, build some relations. Hopefully can reduce the conflict.

But does anyone actually eat curry everyday?

• Praise 4

This happened to a friend of mine, not me. Thanks for the advice

Dun like tis n tat den move to Good class bungalow la. Tis type havent kena prc smell n myanmar herbal soup. No disrespect but super stinko 👎

• Praise 2

Possibly can invite the neighbour to try some kuey kuey, build some relations. Hopefully can reduce the conflict.

But does anyone actually eat curry everyday?

I think Indians do eat curry almost every day cos I used to live near an Indian and the aroma could be overpowering at times. That said, they passed me some one day n taste was 👍.

Some food tastes better than it smells. That said Abit of give n take from both sides normally results in an amicable atmosphere n promotes neighbourliness so hope this ends well😀

• Praise 8

Is it expensive nowadays to install an exhaust hood? On full blast when cooking.

luftig-exhaust-hood__0138077_PE297245_S4

Like that play "report police" got what use?

• Praise 1

I think ppl got serious issue. There are so much vengeance and retaliation that they can't think of simple ways to compromise each other. Their actions are plain childish. They know police can't do anything but they still went ahead to report police.

• Praise 1

I think Indians do eat curry almost every day cos I used to live near an Indian and the aroma could be overpowering at times. That said, they passed me some one day n taste was 👍.

Some food tastes better than it smells. That said Abit of give n take from both sides normally results in an amicable atmosphere n promotes neighbourliness so hope this ends well😀

Every time I eat prata at those 24 hours prata place I wonder if their curry got change or not. I heard taiwan lu rou fan(braise meat rice) never change one. Always just add on to the cooker and that's why the aroma is so good.

• Praise 2

Turbocharged
(edited)

Bring this up to MP.

This kind of shiitt is MP job.

If not, choose them for what?

Edited by Mcf777
  • Praise 2

ay... it was malay family kenna complain la...

and TS... if thats your friend's FB... not difficult to know if the prick neighbours are FTs or locals...

please dont start another FT bashing thread for the sake of it...

• Praise 3

ay... it was malay family kenna complain la...

and TS... if thats your friend's FB... not difficult to know if the prick neighbours are FTs or locals...

please dont start another FT bashing thread for the sake of it...

dont think is ft lah

my house downstairs got one china family staying

super nice chap

apart from like to sio hoon kee, router power machiam superman, really is nice chap

once in a while, his mom like to cook cook a bit

really quiet fellow

maybe next time i go gai siao him jav sites [grin]

• Praise 1

Different ppl has a different tolerance on taste and smell. I know of Singaporeans who cannot tolerate food with strong taste and smell, they have nothing against other race or their food they just cannot tahan coz they are sensitive. I also dunno what to say of them. I just roll my eyes.

↡ Advertisement