Honda BR-V seven-seat crossover

Watwheels

(edited)

http://www.worldcarfans.com/115070596193/honda-br-v-seven-seat-crossover-rendered-based-on-official

Debuts next month

The upcoming Honda BR-V has been digitally imagined ahead of next month's official introduction.

Honda is cooking up a Bold Runabout Vehicle (BR-V) for Asian markets and chances are it will be a stretched, seven-seat version of the XR-V sold only in China. Seen here is a speculative render based on an official teaser sketch released at the beginning of this week when Honda described the model as a "new generation crossover utility vehicle."

The three-row BR-V was developed by Honda R&D Asia Pacific in Thailand and styled with a "tough and solid" body and will be shown as a prototype at the Indonesian Auto Show next month. The production version is due next year and will be offered with a 1.5-liter gasoline engine teamed up with a choice of two gearboxes.

Other details about the model are limited at this point, but Honda promises it will pack lots of safety kit as standard, along with an increased ground clearance and "great fuel efficiency" while delivering "sporty performance."

We will know more on August 20 when the BR-V prototype will debut at the Gaikindo Indonesian International Auto Show.

post-18163-48258_thumb.jpg

Edited by Watwheels
↡ Advertisement

(edited)

Looks like 7 seater crossovers are gaining momentum. With the likes of KIA Sorento and Land Rover Discovery Sport, Honda is joining the competition. The 1.5L I think will likely be the new turbocharged engine. Will it be made in Indonesia? From the looks of it....maybe.

Edited by Watwheels

http://www.worldcarfans.com/115070596193/honda-br-v-seven-seat-crossover-rendered-based-on-official

Debuts next month

The upcoming Honda BR-V has been digitally imagined ahead of next month's official introduction.

Honda is cooking up a Bold Runabout Vehicle (BR-V) for Asian markets and chances are it will be a stretched, seven-seat version of the XR-V sold only in China. Seen here is a speculative render based on an official teaser sketch released at the beginning of this week when Honda described the model as a "new generation crossover utility vehicle."

The three-row BR-V was developed by Honda R&D Asia Pacific in Thailand and styled with a "tough and solid" body and will be shown as a prototype at the Indonesian Auto Show next month. The production version is due next year and will be offered with a 1.5-liter gasoline engine teamed up with a choice of two gearboxes.

Other details about the model are limited at this point, but Honda promises it will pack lots of safety kit as standard, along with an increased ground clearance and "great fuel efficiency" while delivering "sporty performance."

We will know more on August 20 when the BR-V prototype will debut at the Gaikindo Indonesian International Auto Show.

1.5L NA or TC?

if NA, forget it :a-noway:

• Praise 1

(edited)

1.5L NA already struggling to pull a Honda City with 4-5 adults ...

how to pull 7-people in a SUV/MPV crossover body?

Edited by Wt_know

1.5L NA already struggling to pull a Honda City with 4-5 adults ...

how to pull 7-people in a SUV/MPV crossover body?

Looks like Honda very confident in its Earth dream engine instead of outdated iVtec technology

Looks very very nice!

PIs would be happy to bring this...

If this is a built for Asean car like the HRV, it should be only available to AD I think.

• Praise 4

I will take this. Drop Ody.

based on the look.

[laugh]

Yes it looks good but don't think it will be as spacious as Ody but should be cheaper though.

Either way can't go wrong with a Honda.

• Praise 4

Supercharged

Yes it looks good but don't think it will be as spacious as Ody but should be cheaper though.

Either way can't go wrong with a Honda.

because I don't need the space of Ody.

Seat 7. Flexi configuration. Lower price?

It will be tomyum Honda.

• Praise 1

Looks good. But only if similar to what is in the photo.

Will be a good fight against the 7 seaters SUV currently in the market.

It will be tomyum Honda.

As u don't need the 7 seats always, think it's a good compromise.

Price I think should be at least $30k less as compared to Ody?

• Praise 4

Hypersonic

If this is a built for Asean car like the HRV, it should be only available to AD I think.

You can buy the Vezel, which is MIJ and better equip and cheaper than the AD HRV.

It will be tomyum Honda.

You sure it's tomyum? It says it's going to appear in Indonesia motor show next month.

More like kueh lapis Honda.

You can buy the Vezel, which is MIJ and better equip and cheaper than the AD HRV.

Ya that's true and more features at cheaper price some more!

I can accept AD charging abit more say $5k to $8k more with similar features but this HRV is a joke, more than $10k, MIT, less air bags, older engine and more but then again still got people buy.

I expect this BR-V to be sold by AD though since it's a made for Asean car but hope they will price it sensibly but I'm not holding my breadth!!

• Praise 3

Supercharged

You sure it's tomyum? It says it's going to appear in Indonesia motor show next month.

More like kueh lapis Honda.

Ya.. could be the same as Freed.

Made in Indo.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1