Drivers that honk when you reverse.

Ihave3Ballz

(edited)

I can't remember how many countless times I've encountered this.

Why are drivers here so "scared" when the car in front of them is reversing? Example to parallel park in front of you?

Female drivers are a exceptional lot. But they are forgiven do to their "scared" and unconfident nature awhen it comes to driving.

But though less than females I've encountered male drivers too. I know many of MCFs will be guilty of this.

I would understand if the the car was reversing fast as the driver in front may not be aware of a car behind. But even reversing slowly like a snail and a few car lengths away, these people will honk. Get 1 car length and they will start to blast their honks.

Are people here that incapable of judging the distance of the front car's back bumper against their own front?

If you parallel park your car, you will should know how to judge!

If you have to seriously ask them, if they are not in their car and someone's car has to park and reverse, who will be helping them to do their ridiculous honking when they are away? How many countless cars parked and reversed into yours when you were away from your car? And when you came back to your car, not a scratch?

Have faith and confidence in your fellow drivers please and stop being annoying and acting like scared little girls.

Edited by Ihave3Ballz
↡ Advertisement

If you are the one who is reversing and often get honked at, then you have to examine your actions - too fast, too close, too blur, no reverse light.....

I can attest most drivers here in MCF don't get honked at when reversing.

• Praise 10

I havent encountered your situation before n i also havent honked at anyone before when people are trying to parallel park

• Praise 2

(edited)

If there is an empty lot and the driver shows his/her intention clearly it is understandable....if the car has overshot the lot/exit and the car behind has already passed the empty lot half of the car's body....then how? need to give way to the reversing car just because you missed a lot or exit? especially if there is another vehicle behind. or are you incapable and undecided to exit or to park! Just take the honking as a reminder that there is another car behind you cause nobody wants to get into an accident how minor it may be!

If you are the one who is reversing and often get honked at, then you have to examine your actions - too fast, too close, too blur, no reverse light.....

I can attest most drivers here in MCF don't get honked at when reversing.

bro.....you garang hor...😂😂😂😂😂! Edited by Eviilusion
  • Praise 3

It is ok if light tap to warn you he or she is behind. How they know if you noticed them? Until soneobe bump them.. think you also agree there are such kayus around. Worse if no in car cam as evidence. Take it positively lah. I do although i never horn any before unless it is lorry trying to get the Antenna of Eps to sense their IUs. Cause they might not be able to see me.

You stopped as the second car at a traffic light, the light turn green and the front car engages reverse gear, what would you do?

You stopped as the second car at a traffic light, the light turn green and the front car engages reverse gear, what would you do?

Time to change a new bumper, provided rear car has recorder.

Why TS so easily annoyed by rear vehicle honing. Signal correctly, give them a friendly wave to acknowledge. EVeryone happy.

• Praise 5

Hypersonic

Why are drivers here so "scared" when the car in front of them is reversing? Example to parallel park in front of you?

Female drivers are a exceptional lot. But they are forgiven do to their "scared" and unconfident nature awhen it comes to driving.

But though less than females I've encountered male drivers too. I know many of MCFs will be guilty of this.

I would understand if the the car was reversing fast as the driver in front may not be aware of a car behind. But even reversing slowly like a snail and a few car lengths away, these people will honk. Get 1 car length and they will start to blast their honks.

Are people here that incapable of judging the distance of the front car's back bumper against their own front?

If you have to seriously ask them, if they are not in their car and someone's car has to park and reverse, who will be helping them to do their ridiculous honking when they are away? How many countless cars parked and reversed into yours when you were away from your car? And when you came back to your car, not a scratch?

Have faith and confidence in your fellow drivers please and stop being annoying and acting like scared little girls.

Ha I encountered this a couple of times

One was a taxi driver and the other an auntie

Incessant non stop horning and not just short toots

Twincharged

They scared you hit their car ma. Maybe they got no camera in the car so in the event you reverse into their car, they have no evidence. For me if I see a car reversing while I am stopped, I won't honk unless he is reversing very quickly or already very close to my car. First thing I do is check my camera is recording. Lol.

• Praise 1

(edited)

Regrettably, I do not share your faith and confidence in my fellow drivers in Singapore.

I have more faith and confidence in MY drivers, barring Johor plates, heavy trucks, trailers and crazy tour buses.

Edited by Toothiewabbit
  • Praise 4

They scared you hit their car ma. Maybe they got no camera in the car so in the event you reverse into their car, they have no evidence. For me if I see a car reversing while I am stopped, I won't honk unless he is reversing very quickly or already very close to my car. First thing I do is check my camera is recording. Lol.

Maybe ts thinks every other drivers can read his mind and knows what is his intentions......he thinks every driver is connected to him via ESP...😂😂😂😂

If the same driver honks at you whenever you are reversing, maybe it's the driver buay zai.

If many drivers honk at you while you are reversing, maybe you will like to change the way you reverse. Do it slower or raise up a thumbs up after getting honk to show you know what you are doing.

It's not a matter of whether you can, it's a matter of reassuring other drivers you know he's there.

Not everyone drives with the same confidence as you do.

Quickly make sure the car cam is working!

Turbocharged

post-18199-0-51150600-1437792525.jpg

• Praise 3

Hypersonic

If the reversing is for parking, I don't encounter honking, ever. You have to signal intention early that you want a certain lot.

I once honked a car reversing :a-t2622: - because my front sensor sounded, meaning he was too close and yet he still reversing.

after that he waved to apologise :a-happy:

my fault?

↡ Advertisement