MDA Fines Singtel, So What?

NightWind

Here we go again another fine, left pocket to right pocket. How does this help the viewing public who suffered the brunt of the disruption? Its just another revenue collecting opportunity for MDA. And SGD90k is not even coffee money for singtel.

The other issue is that after many years of negative reception and multiple "failures to launch" sinktel has dropped MioTv brand and instead adopted a new name "SingtelTV". Fer me this is old wine put in new bottle. Why even bother?

In the past sinktel simply bundled the hidden cost for MioTv subscription to internet subscribers and forced us to accept this er "free product" as part of the ISP package. The bottom line is that public viewing on sinktel channel will remain low because 99% of the content is free and available on the internet.

http://www.marketing-interactive.com/mda-fines-singtel-tv-disruption/

↡ Advertisement

Here we go again another fine, left pocket to right pocket. How does this help the viewing public who suffered the brunt of the disruption? Its just another revenue collecting opportunity for MDA. And SGD90k is not even coffee money for singtel.

The other issue is that after many years of negative reception and multiple "failures to launch" sinktel has dropped MioTv brand and instead adopted a new name "SingtelTV". Fer me this is old wine put in new bottle. Why even bother?

In the past sinktel simply bundled the hidden cost for MioTv subscription to internet subscribers and forced us to accept this er "free product" as part of the ISP package. The bottom line is that public viewing on sinktel channel will remain low because 99% of the content is free and available on the internet.

http://www.marketing-interactive.com/mda-fines-singtel-tv-disruption/

Aband need money so fine adik.........act maciam angry but later use money for supper! Both will be well-fed! 😤😤😤😤

Actually did Singtel TV refunded the subscribers? Or continue to act blur?

MDA ah MDA, hit where it hurts and suspend their TV license. LoL...

Same for smrt, LTA should suspend them and let another operator take over. Failures after failures but the authorities still continue to let these companies carry on. Kelong.

(edited)

Yah, the garment is well fed like fat pigs. But the man on the street suffers.

Sinktel relies on 3 basic products to generate revenue; 1) ISP broadband 2) Mobile package 3) Sinktel/Miao TV.

Item 3 has been a failure that management refuse to accept. Their mentality is "die die must succeed" so they try to change the direction of the river. Good luck to them. They never improved on the content, never improve on pricing, never improve on product quality and diversity and never match their biggest competitor which is the internet sources and adroid sources for TV and movies.

The bottom line is that they have to redirect revenue from the other 2 profitable platforms to feed the hamaorage and bleeding cash of MewTV. The additional costs are then sent back to the consumers who pay much higher ISP and Mobile packages.

Lets not talk about android boxes which provide free content. If u look at Netflix and Hulu (which is available via VPN here, its a buffet of movies for only USD7.99 per month. And there are no termination fees. I can terminate any time. And you compare this to the MewTv and Stafcuk SCV packages and realise the local prices are rediculous.

Both Sinket and Starfcuk were relying on an IGNORANT, UNEDUCATED, FROG IN WELL, CAPTIVE DOMESTIC viewership to make their TV packages work. These GLCs can never compete on a level playing field when the internet opens the doors to international content and makes this available to the local population.

It also helps that as years go by, more and more of the masses become more saavy. But hey, they can still rely on the 60% walkingdead pap voters to fund their greedy wallets.

Aband need money so fine adik.........act maciam angry but later use money for supper! Both will be well-fed! 😤😤😤😤

Most people do not pay additional for MiaoTV.

Sinktel forces ISP users to take this as a "freebie" even though the costs are already factored into the overall ISP fees.

So theoretically i doubt there is any refund given. I definitely did not get refund leh, but i trashed the MiaoTV box 2 years ago haha

What a joke

Actually did Singtel TV refunded the subscribers? Or continue to act blur?

MDA ah MDA, hit where it hurts and suspend their TV license. LoL...

Same for smrt, LTA should suspend them and let another operator take over. Failures after failures but the authorities still continue to let these companies carry on. Kelong.

Edited by NightWind
  • Praise 3

wating for lta to find mrt 50M on national day

SG50

thank you for you contributions towards nation building [grin]

To fine the company is like passenger got stuck and still kena fine.

Easy job just increase fare to make up for it.

They should fine their ceo and management.

If not there will be no improvement.

• Praise 1

I don't care how Singtel going to pay the fine....

From this Sunday onward till May 2016, make sure BPL no interuption .... :yuush:

I signed contract for 'Sports' ... :a-aggressive: and make sure it will be there for me to watch ... :serious-business:

I don't care how Singtel going to pay the fine....

From this Sunday onward till May 2016, make sure BPL no interuption .... :yuush:

I signed contract for 'Sports' ... :a-aggressive: and make sure it will be there for me to watch ... :serious-business:

Fine print say that they are not responsible for circumstances beyond their control such as too many subscribers logging on at one time...

:XD:

Fine print say that they are not responsible for circumstances beyond their control such as too many subscribers logging on at one time...

:XD:

To avoid that, login early ... :grin::grin:

Last minutes always kena 'heavy traffic volume' .... :a-bang:

Sinktel relies on 3 basic products to generate revenue; 1) ISP broadband 2) Mobile package 3) Sinktel/Miao TV.

Item 3 has been a failure that management refuse to accept. Their mentality is "die die must succeed" so they try to change the direction of the river. Good luck to them. They never improved on the content, never improve on pricing, never improve on product quality and diversity and never match their biggest competitor which is the internet sources and adroid sources for TV and movies.

The bottom line is that they have to redirect revenue from the other 2 profitable platforms to feed the hamaorage and bleeding cash of MewTV. The additional costs are then sent back to the consumers who pay much higher ISP and Mobile packages.

Lets not talk about android boxes which provide free content. If u look at Netflix and Hulu (which is available via VPN here, its a buffet of movies for only USD7.99 per month. And there are no termination fees. I can terminate any time. And you compare this to the MewTv and Stafcuk SCV packages and realise the local prices are rediculous.

Both Sinket and Starfcuk were relying on an IGNORANT, UNEDUCATED, FROG IN WELL, CAPTIVE DOMESTIC viewership to make their TV packages work. These GLCs can never compete on a level playing field when the internet opens the doors to international content and makes this available to the local population.

It also helps that as years go by, more and more of the masses become more saavy. But hey, they can still rely on the 60% walkingdead pap voters to fund their greedy wallets.

Most people do not pay additional for MiaoTV.

Sinktel forces ISP users to take this as a "freebie" even though the costs are already factored into the overall ISP fees.

So theoretically i doubt there is any refund given. I definitely did not get refund leh, but i trashed the MiaoTV box 2 years ago haha

What a joke

I am one of those ingnorant suckhub client.......still on their cable tv....hahhaha. Come next month my contract ends and i am seriously thinking of jumping ship to those online offerings. But i still have to get a fast broadband or fibre for going online. Pray tell which broadband is the bestest!

I am one of those ingnorant suckhub client.......still on their cable tv....hahhaha. Come next month my contract ends and i am seriously thinking of jumping ship to those online offerings. But i still have to get a fast broadband or fibre for going online. Pray tell which broadband is the bestest!

Hijau, Merah, Oren = Mahal.

nuff said. [laugh]

To fine the company is like passenger got stuck and still kena fine.

Easy job just increase fare to make up for it.

They should fine their ceo and management.

If not there will be no improvement.

To me ah the scenario is like this. You take mrt....the mrt brokedown and goes slow. Authority comes and fine smrt for slow service....keeps the fine and say...ok....we oredy fine smrt....everything should be fine and leaves. Passengers are still stuck with a slow and packed train. SMRT comes and say sorry for the delay....they are checking the faulty system while you lan lan have to be onboard as there are no other service available. No refund and no apology....nb!

Hijau, Merah, Oren = Mahal.

nuff said. [laugh]

Mahal dowan lar bro....want to jump ship but got no other ship..😢😢😢😢! Maybe will take up Suckhub 100mgb broadband (free) +200mgb fibre for $39.90.

Yah there is no other ship. Thats the big problem. Market is controlled by the local GLCs who collude amongst themselves so they dont need to improve as they know they have captive consumers.

To me ah the scenario is like this. You take mrt....the mrt brokedown and goes slow. Authority comes and fine smrt for slow service....keeps the fine and say...ok....we oredy fine smrt....everything should be fine and leaves. Passengers are still stuck with a slow and packed train. SMRT comes and say sorry for the delay....they are checking the faulty system while you lan lan have to be onboard as there are no other service available. No refund and no apology....nb!
Mahal dowan lar bro....want to jump ship but got no other ship..😢😢😢😢! Maybe will take up Suckhub 100mgb broadband (free) +200mgb fibre for $39.90.

Twincharged

absolutely right. they only have BPL to carry miotv now

they have underestimated the power internet. just like how PAP underestimated the power of social media in the last election

maybe because the ST execs are all also from PAP ranks one :D

Bro they cannot rely only on BPL to sustain their entire pay-tv platform. Thats why u end up with rediculous BPL subscription fees too.

BTW i think that PAP media is doing damage control as the article seems to be missing from the news feeds. So I cut and past below for the bros here;

MDA fines Singtel for pay-TV disruption

The Media Development Authority (MDA) has fined SingNet SG$90,000 for its Singtel pay-TV disruption on 3 February 2015. The incident lasted nearly two hours and affected about 11,000 Singtel TV subscribers across Singapore.

According to a statement from MDA, customers were unable to boot up their set-top boxes or access on-demand content. Investigations revealed that SingNet was first alerted to the service disruption by customers calling its hotline and the cause of the service disruption was hardware failure.

Although SingNet had undertaken remedial actions following the incident to improve the detection system and response time, MDA notes that this is the second time in two years that SingNet has contravened the Quality of Service condition of its Nationwide Subscription Television Service Licence.

Singtel had quietly dropped the mio TV brand earlier this year; its pay-TV service is now rebranded as “Singtel TV”. According to a Singtel spokesperson, the rebrand was made in order to align its suite of services to the Singtel brand.

SingNet was also fined in 2011, 2012 and 2013 for TV service disruptions. The telco had to pay fines of SG$80,000, SG$180,000 and SG$220,000 respectively for the consecutive years.

absolutely right. they only have BPL to carry miotv now

they have underestimated the power internet. just like how PAP underestimated the power of social media in the last election

maybe because the ST execs are all also from PAP ranks one :D

Ya Sinktel has so much money they can afford to moonlight as money lender. They probably lending Hell-Notes....legal tender only in hell. lol

Singtel is in the money lending business!

http://www.dash.com.sg/dash-advance.html

Twincharged

Ya Sinktel has so much money they can afford to moonlight as money lender. They probably lending Hell-Notes....legal tender only in hell. lol

paging @Radx

↡ Advertisement