Moscow, Russia, the land of Putin

Boringchap

A short work trip to the land of Putin.  Tiring but very fascinating.  Made some video clips.  Landed into -1 deg with some snow.  Not cold by Moscow standards, but I'm from the tropics.  Cloud cover was very dense and I couldn't see anything outside the window until the plane had almost touched down. 

Before the flights, some video clips from Changi Airport. 

This is the Kinectic Rain exhibit at Terminal 1.  This has been around for some time but this is the first time I stared at it for a bit.

This is the full size X-wing fighter exhibit at Changi Terminal 3. 

More to come, stay tuned. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 7

A short work trip to the land of Putin. Tiring but very fascinating. Made some video clips. Landed into -1 deg with some snow. Not cold by Moscow standards, but I'm from the tropics. Cloud cover was very dense and I couldn't see anything outside the window until the plane had almost touched down.

Before the flights, some video clips from Changi Airport.

This is the Kinectic Rain exhibit at Terminal 1. This has been around for some time but this is the first time I stared at it for a bit.

This is the full size X-wing fighter exhibit at Changi Terminal 3.

More to come, stay tuned.

For a Boring Chap, you lead quite an interesting life. :D

• Praise 5

Streets of Moscow were very wide, at least the streets near the Red Square.  There is extensive underground walkways as you can see in this video.

...ehhh you filmed so much, got KGB follow you arnot?

Maybe, I don't know.  I might have been followed.  Stick out like a sore thumb over there.  Glad to be back home. 

Upon landing in Moscow, this is the SQ Plane parked at the gate, in Star Alliance livery.

Here was my flight experience to Moscow, on SQ 62.  Privileged to be able to fly in a premium cabin.

I spent quite a bit of time at the SilverKris Lounge, Terminal 3.  

Flying on board SQ 62.  This is part 1 of the video - boarding, take-off, drinks service before meal.

This is part 2 - supper, breakfast and landing.

It was minus 2 degrees when we landed.  The Russians told us that this wasn't cold at all.  The guy who picked us up was wearing a shirt and a jacket.  Some scenes of the car ride.  Jams were quite bad.

The Russian economy has come under stress in recent times.  The country is also facing sanctions.  The Rouble has collapsed and is now about half the value compared to what it was 2-3 years ago.  So is the place functional?

Well, so far the cars that I saw looked pretty new.  The car I was in, was a relatively new Toyota Camry.  One thing though, their cars were pretty dirty.  No need to clean, no worries.

post-67319-0-93456000-1448277888_thumb.jpg

post-67319-0-22905800-1448277912_thumb.jpg

post-67319-0-11478600-1448277924_thumb.jpg

Maybe, I don't know.  I might have been followed.  Stick out like a sore thumb over there.  Glad to be back home. 

Upon landing in Moscow, this is the SQ Plane parked at the gate, in Star Alliance livery.

Here was my flight experience to Moscow, on SQ 62.  Privileged to be able to fly in a premium cabin.

I spent quite a bit of time at the SilverKris Lounge, Terminal 3.  

Flying on board SQ 62.  This is part 1 of the video - boarding, take-off, drinks service before meal.

This is part 2 - supper, breakfast and landing.

You beri heng to be able to try premium economy on the Moscow route. I think SQ has scaled back or slowed down on retrofitting the premium economy seats.

• Praise 3

How's the russian roads?

I've seen so many videos of crazy russian drivers....

Russia is on my to-go list though (number one on it)

You beri heng to be able to try premium economy on the Moscow route. I think SQ has scaled back or slowed down on retrofitting the premium economy seats.

errr, bro, sorry, this wasn't premium economy.  It was the older Business Class product.  The plane I flew on was pretty old and definitely not retrofitted.

Did u drink Russian Beluga Vodka? Its quite good!

Didn't.  My wife's number 1 instruction was to stay safe and come back.  Had a social dinner to attend but I stayed away from the post dinner drinks. 

errr, bro, sorry, this wasn't premium economy.  It was the older Business Class product.  The plane I flew on was pretty old and definitely not retrofitted.

Sorlie sorlie, I saw the word "premium cabin" - mistaken for it for premium economy [:p]

• Praise 1

Can explain how Russian society is like? I was told about a lot of negative reviews on Russia as a whole like corruption and crime.

Your trip video should show something similar to this...

Edited by Zxcvb

Sorlie sorlie, I saw the word "premium cabin" - mistaken for it for premium economy [:p]

Oh, no worries.  sorry if the term I used was confusing. 

Didn't.  My wife's number 1 instruction was to stay safe and come back.  Had a social dinner to attend but I stayed away from the post dinner drinks. 

ok now u start to live up to your username

ok now u start to live up to your username

of course.  there is a reason why i chose that user name.  real one, not fake. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3