Civil servant dua ki

Mockngbrd

http://mothership.sg/2016/02/bmw-driver-parks-in-3-motorcycle-lots-claims-he-is-entitled-to-because-he-is-a-civil-servant/

So this just happened at the carpark opposite Ghim Moh market, 20 Ghim Moh Road.

I walked back to my bike and saw a BMW parked next to my ride. Which was weird because I thought I remembered that space was marked out for motorcycles. So I looked again to double check, true enough, the car had parked in the space meant for not one, not two, but three motorcycle lots.

At this point, the driver (a skinny bespectacled Chinese man in his late fifties?) alighted. He saw me looking at the markings on the ground, and asked if there’s a problem. Thinking that he might have been mistaken, I asked him if he knew he was parking over the motorcycle lots.

11215751_10153342942747091_5633362834217

Guess what? He retorted in a challenging tone that I had my own parking space, and that I shouldn’t care. Said he ‘wasn’t parking’, then proceeded to lock his car and walk away.

I don’t know why, I took a photo of his beautifully parked car. 
He came back and asked if I took his photo (he must have been lurking around), looking half worried and half frustrated.

(No Uncle, you are not Brad Pitt, why would I want to take your photo?)

I told him since he didn’t do anything wrong, he has nothing to worry about.

His retaliation? He pompously announced that since I took ‘his photo’, he would take mine as well. I gladly obliged. 
(Sure, be my guest. My lovely Vespa is parked perfectly within my bike lot).

You know, under normal circumstances, I might have just let it go. I’ve never reported errant drivers, I don’t know which authority is in charge, and it’s really just too much trouble. But what this uncle said next really made me want to do something about it.

If he weren’t so obnoxiously rude, I might have let it go. He threatened me.

‘DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM? I’M A CIVIL SERVANT YOU KNOW!’

(Wrong threat. I used to be a civil servant and some part of me still feels like I’m part of the service; so this only made my blood boil. What a disgrace you are to the rest of the responsible, hardworking civil servants I know!)

‘YOU DON'T KNOW WHO YOU ARE MESSING WITH! YOU ARE PLAYING WITH YOUR ARSE!’

(Hmm, what kind of a metaphor is that?)

All the while ranting that he’s ‘not parking’, ‘not parking’. At which point I pointed out the red painted words on the ground to him – ‘NO PARKING’.

Mr All-Important-Civil-Servant, if you didn’t do anything wrong, why did you hastily drive away then? All the while reminding me loudly that I’m ‘playing with my arse’.

Mr All-Important-Civil-Servant, you are a disgrace to the public administration. I humbly suggest you use your Skillsfuture credits for a parking refresher course. Or basic etiquette. Or language improvement.

This would have been wonderful material for a teachable moment. What a waste!

Just for you, I’m going to educate myself on the procedures of reporting errant parking offenders. And don’t worry, it’s no trouble at all.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 24

First thing, he say he's a civil servant and you blindly believe? I say im a billionaire you believe a not? Secondly, why never take photo of his face to verify? All we have is a car parked illegally in a motorcycle lot. You can say anything you want, tsk tsk. Which civil servant so stooopid break his rice bowl?

• Praise 7

should have grabbed my chance to be a civil servant when i had it

[bigcry]

only civil servants in their fifties can be so dua ki ok

must get the 30 yr long service award first to join the club

• Praise 1

First thing, he say he's a civil servant and you blindly believe? I say im a billionaire you believe a not? Secondly, why never take photo of his face to verify? All we have is a car parked illegally in a motorcycle lot. You can say anything you want, tsk tsk. Which civil servant so stooopid break his rice bowl?

Absolutely agree with you.

• Praise 1

http://mothership.sg/2016/02/bmw-driver-parks-in-3-motorcycle-lots-claims-he-is-entitled-to-because-he-is-a-civil-servant/

Guess what? He retorted in a challenging tone that I had my own parking space, and that I shouldn’t care. Said he ‘wasn’t parking’, then proceeded to lock his car and walk away.

I don’t know why, I took a photo of his beautifully parked car. 

yep, definitely a civil servant

1. assume that everyone is selfish - just mind your own business and heck care about what is going on around you as long as it doesnt affect you directly

2. parking but not called parking. flooding but called ponding. mistake called honest mistake

[laugh]

• Praise 9

maybe that guy pub one

he say he is playing with his arse

which govt is do arse one

sai chiu engineering dept lor :XD:  :XD:  :XD:

I feel that TS shouldn't have tell them man that he is parking at the motorcycle lots.  He wants to take the risk of summon that is his problem.  Nobody likes to be told off.

I support you 101%.  [smash]

Go and report and better if you had recorded the conversation.

Trace the owner and post it here. I am very sure TP & LTA very interested in this case. (With the photo evident and LTA or HDB don't take action, report to your area MP). Someone has to come clean about it .........  hmmmmm........ so familiar verse .. :yuush:  

Post in STOMP and collect your $50/- CNY ang pow ... :a-happy:

The so called Civil Servant will going to loose his March 2016 Performance Bonus. You have nothing to fear & loose against him but he got his PB to worry. [thumbsup]

If he is not working as a Civil Servant, then Criminal Case for impersonating a Public Servant, very serious offence under Criminal Procedure Code, Chapter 224.  :a-aggressive:

Edited by Picnic06-Biante15
  • Praise 3

Civil Service College around that area right? quick go check if the car is park there or not. skally he has a designated lot with his car plate number painted over it. 

Self-pawn!

• Praise 4

‘DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM? I’M A CIVIL SERVANT YOU KNOW!’

‘YOU DON'T KNOW WHO YOU ARE MESSING WITH! YOU ARE PLAYING WITH YOUR ARSE!’

with all the back slash on them, i doubt he dare to say those words   [sweatdrop]  [sweatdrop]

• Praise 1