Dishonest Chinese New Year business

Windwaver

How many of you have encountered more dishonesty during the CNY period?

Personally I was short changed 150g when I ordered 1KG worth of roasted meat from a usual source that I buy from.

Guess I really have to re-consider whether to go back to the same source after this incident. I generally find businesses more dishonest over the festive season.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

Personally I was short changed 150g when I ordered 1KG worth of roasted meat from a usual source that I buy from.

Guess I really have to re-consider whether to go back to the same source after this incident. I generally find businesses more dishonest over the festive season.

Not just dishonesty, there are some petty theft out there too. I already heard a couple of my relatives have their groceries stolen while doing marketing. It is obvious the thief took advantage of crowded market full of people and distractions to steal. Edited by Bismarck
  • Praise 2

Pls be careful while out walking in the streets during this festive season ... don't let them ruin our CNY joys and plans ...

• Praise 3

Pls be careful while out walking in the streets during this festive season ... don't let them ruin our CNY joys and plans ...

Not just walking.

Driving too. Whenever I see accident on the road during cny.. I can imagine how Sian it must be for those involved.

Oh.. Stick to speed limit too. I kena cop of bridge on first day of cny few years back.

• Praise 4

They can raise price, be upfront about it, people will still pay.

But cheating by reducing quantity is bad.

For me, I never cut hair before CNY when they want to raise price.

I'll do it long before or after.

Edited by Kb27
  • Praise 3

I believe those food stall and hawkers only have once a year opportunity to increase price ridiculous without any reasons to justify. Yesterday went market to buy veg from one stall, price normal day was $12, but i was charged $18 yesterday!

Boh pian bro, at their mercy during this time of the year . . . Every year!

Reunion dinner, we opted out the sharks fin and changed to double boiled soup...no discount but still charging extra for making change!

• Praise 2

My wife just encountered one seller who insisted on having her assistant change the scale when measuring our order - I suspect the scale is rigged. Wanted to report to Spring Singapore but too late as the food already in my tummy.

For your case, are you sure your usual source hasn't been short changing you on a regular basis? I suggest you go back to them and test them after CNY. If they regularly shortchange you, report to Spring Singapore and let them kanna jialat jialat.

• Praise 3

to them at this time of the year is just like their bonuses so depends whether you wt to give them or leave them out...

• Praise 1

Increase price all fair .. you have a choice not to buy. If nobody buy, increase price also no use.

Dishonest businesses .. buy once and that's the last, will never buy from them.

Increase price is OK.

I was informed of the price increase before I bought tea and eggs this morning at the coffeeshop. Holiday season, the business also have to pay the workers more, so it's reasonable if the price increase is of a nominal / reasonable value.

But dishonesty is totally different. That's cheating... So, I'm ok with CNY price increases (even the barber shop also same, coz people want to look good during CNY also mah), but never cheating..

• Praise 7

My car had a malfunction on thurs. I thot jialat double confirm chop carrot. Somemore had to go to a new workshop. Luckily the fella did honest, top work and gave discount. Praised him already in the relevant forum. May his biz prosper.

• Praise 1

Preordered Roast meat is like that. The meat is weighed b4 cooking & it shrank in the process.

Praise u 5 to compensate the weight shortage & cheer u up.

• Praise 1

Public transport is also like that mah. Fare hike first and keep breaking down with little or no service. If you want to talk about dishonesty this the mother of them all. Talk about profit first. In just one year so many fare adjustment up and down but overall still up. It's like insulting your intelligence is not enough.

Ppl are just learning from the best.

• Praise 3

They can raise price, be upfront about it, people will still pay.

But cheating by reducing quantity is bad.

For me, I never cut hair before CNY when they want to raise price.

I'll do it long before or after.

EC and QB price the same mah. No increase. I just cut my hair just now at EC. no crowd and same price.

My car had a malfunction on thurs. I thot jialat double confirm chop carrot. Somemore had to go to a new workshop. Luckily the fella did honest, top work and gave discount. Praised him already in the relevant forum. May his biz prosper.

Cannot find your post. Where?

↡ Advertisement