Range of Rims selection

Jemjem

Hi

Any bros here can share e places with good range of rims selection with reasonable price for 5x108 rims?

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Hi

Any bros here can share e places with good range of rims selection with reasonable price for 5x108 rims?

What Car is it? And what size rims you have in mind?

https://www.facebook.com/inovitwheels/

I know someone can supply these wheels.

PM me if interested.

post-173358-0-42742500-1462034139_thumb.jpg

Edited by JackieDiao

Neutral Newbie

Hi All

Yesterday have change my rim + tyre from 14" to 15" together with tyre. After change pickup power got drop and when pass by yellow line  or the bumping road will hit the tyre. When turn fast i can hear something Scratching the tyre. Is it common? 

Using car Hyundai accent. My old set 14" rim using tyre 185/60R14. Now use Rim 15" 192/55R15. I see many car have change they rims to fit and i wonder if they encounter any this issue. Thanks.

Hi All

Yesterday have change my rim + tyre from 14" to 15" together with tyre. After change pickup power got drop and when pass by yellow line  or the bumping road will hit the tyre. When turn fast i can hear something Scratching the tyre. Is it common? 

Using car Hyundai accent. My old set 14" rim using tyre 185/60R14. Now use Rim 15" 192/55R15. I see many car have change they rims to fit and i wonder if they encounter any this issue. Thanks.

not a expert here,

192 is not really a size here, if it is 195/55r15, u may have rubbing problem either turn fast or slow. best to get this problems checked by your tyre shop

Supersonic

Hi All

Using car Hyundai accent. My old set 14" rim using tyre 185/60R14. Now use Rim 15" 195/55R15. I see many car have change they rims to fit and i wonder if they encounter any this issue. Thanks.

FOr above, ur diameter changed from 578mm to 595mm.  Add that its also 10mm wider, ur accl would understandably be affected.  But do check since u hear scratching sounds.  Could also be tyre rubbing the wheel arches.  Get them checked.

Hi All

quickly bring back the car to the shop you bought the rim and tyres and tell them your problem

is something not right to hear scratching noise when turning ( no such noise before the changed?)

NO rim size specification detail so cant comment the rim

TYre size is little over size but should not cause noise

Pickup power drop likely due to oversize tyre (195/55/15)  (195/50/15 or 185/55/15 will be better size for your car) 

• Praise 1

(edited)

When I was searching for new rims, I realised that some shops do not know the correct offset or tyre size for your car and try to sell you whatever stocks they have. If you're getting new rims/tyres, please find out the correct offset or tyre size for your car.

Edited by Altis72

When I was searching for new rims, I realised that some shops do not know the correct offset or tyre size for your car and try to sell you whatever stocks they have. If you're getting new rims/tyres, please find out the correct offset or tyre size for your car.

may I know where to find out what is the correct offset or tire size?

may I know where to find out what is the correct offset or tire size?

Normally, I will Google to search for the relevant information using the car model. You should be able to get it. And there're also some websites where there are some measurement tools you can use to calculate if your desired tire/rim size suits the car.

Here's one:

http://www.1010tires.com/Tools/Tire-Size-Calculator

Unbelievable :huh:

I think this is very unprofessional and the tire/rim shop can be taken to task for this! I have heard some shops do try to get rid of their older and less popular tires because of the rubber lifespan, but not to the extent of giving the wrong offset or tire size. 

But I agree that it is always good to do due diligence first before you set out to get a new set of wheels.

X5actor thanks for sharing the link.

I think is for general information only 

most modern car usually provide tires(optional sizes info in your owners manual / label pasted on (door, door pillar , petrol cover)

this is the size acceptable by Car manufacturers

But come to reality some like to follow market trends like use over or under size tires.

1 typical case mentioned here , rubbing issue could due to many reason, wrong: rim specification / tire size / wrong shop to visit (may be give the benefit of doubt he should go back to the shop telling then your problem) [thumbsup]   

Neutral Newbie

quickly bring back the car to the shop you bought the rim and tyres and tell them your problem

is something not right to hear scratching noise when turning ( no such noise before the changed?)

NO rim size specification detail so cant comment the rim

TYre size is little over size but should not cause noise

Pickup power drop likely due to oversize tyre (195/55/15)  (195/50/15 or 185/55/15 will be better size for your car) 

I just notice my car got sticker for the info for rims n tyre size n pressure recommendation. It was stick on the drawer there. When i go internet it cab fit 195/55R15 but does not expect the performance drop at least 30% up but it was more stable than using 185/60r14. Maybe is gd time to change better car.

lower quality aftermarket rims +1 size up might be much heavier than stock 14"rims.

so higher unsprung weight, increased rolling resistence from the increased tire/road contact patch all will contribute to the reduced acceleration/FC performance.

I just notice my car got sticker for the info for rims n tyre size n pressure recommendation. It was stick on the drawer there. When i go internet it cab fit 195/55R15 but does not expect the performance drop at least 30% up but it was more stable than using 185/60r14. Maybe is gd time to change better car.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1