Soldier called in airstrike on himself when surrounded.

Wishcumstrue

Mar 2016 - Russian Hero Who Died Liberating Palmyra

http://sputniknews.com/russia/20160329/1037166120/russian-hero-palmyra-named-father.html

The Russian Special Forces officer who was killed during the operation to liberate Palmyra, Syria from the Daesh (ISIS) terrorist group has been named as 25-year-old Alexander Prokhorenko. He ordered air forces to strike his position after he was surrounded by IS fighters.

An unconfirmed radio comm transcript captured the final moment from his request:

http://www.worldinwar.eu/russian-special-forces-commando-last-words-transcript-the-offensive-on-palmyra-25-03-2016

"I am surrounded, they are outside, I don’t want them to take me and parade me, conduct the airstrike, they will make a mockery of me and this uniform. I want to die with dignity and take all these b**tards with me. please my last wish, conduct the airstrike, they will kill me either way..."

His wife of 18 months, who is now pregnant, thought her husband had die in a military accident.

PAY-Alexander-Prokhorenko-the-Russian-Ra

"...I am surrounded, they are outside, I don’t want them to take me and parade me, conduct the airstrike..."

Russian-airstrikes.jpg

The operation remain secret until his body was recovered by Kurdish forces on request from the Russian gov.

ChOfjXYXEAAZAe2.jpg

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 23

(edited)

Irony is the ISIS foot soldiers all too regularly strapped a bomb to their bodies and blow themselves up.

Edited by EricChan
  • Praise 2

Turbocharged

And what would we do in such situation?

(1) Lai la Lai la?

(2) Mai la Mai la?

Jit Pai Siao Liao..... [knife]

• Praise 2

Supersonic

Irony is the ISIS foot soldiers all too regularly strapped a bomb to their bodies and blow themselves up.

That's a fine line between a coward and a hero.

Supersonic

ISIS suicide bombers are not cowards. They're crazy mass murdering terrorists, but they're not cowards.

Turbocharged

ISIS suicide bombers are not cowards. They're crazy mass murdering terrorists, but they're not cowards.

Crazy and stupid....tell ISIS to ask any Tiko Rangers here to tie a bomb and detonate in a crowded place....

SIAO BOH.... you want to do, do yourself lar fark..... you wanna screw birgin in heaven you go lor, limpeh want to screw birgin on earth   [laugh]  [:p]

Supersonic
(edited)

Crazy and stupid....tell ISIS to ask any Tiko Rangers here to tie a bomb and detonate in a crowded place....

SIAO BOH.... you want to do, do yourself lar fark..... you wanna screw birgin in heaven you go lor, limpeh want to screw birgin on earth   [laugh]  [:p]

Agree with all that and more: Crazy, Stupid, Deluded, Hateful, etc. etc. Just not the coward part only. :D

I remember getting into this discussion with someone else on a US forum who took offence when I contradicted him when he said Osama was a coward. Osama also wasn't a coward. He had enough personal and familial wealth to make a mockery of the "richest man" thread here. But instead of screwing starlets and driving supercars (like most others in the House of Saud), he chose to rough it out as a guerilla fighter for his cause.Whatever he was, he wasn't a coward. But that made him all the more dangerous.

Just objecting to that "coward" label only lah. Not fair to call people who are clearly not cowards, "cowards".

Edited by Turboflat4
  • Praise 8

(edited)

Not coward but Pure Evil hell bent on gruesomely killing everyone else Edited by EricChan

Turbocharged

Agree with all that and more: Crazy, Stupid, Deluded, Hateful, etc. etc. Just not the coward part only. :D

I remember getting into this discussion with someone else on a US forum who took offence when I contradicted him when he said Osama was a coward. Osama also wasn't a coward. He had enough personal and familial wealth to make a mockery of the "richest man" thread here. But instead of screwing starlets and driving supercars (like most others in the House of Saud), he chose to rough it out as a guerilla fighter for his cause.Whatever he was, he wasn't a coward. But that made him all the more dangerous.

Just objecting to that "coward" label only lah. Not fair to call people who are clearly not cowards tablewipers, "cowards tablewipers".

Sama sama?