MY polis paid so little... no wonder got so many kelongs

Donut

Supercharged

KL CID Chief only paid RM$12,000 per month. 

I rem I used to know police constable only paid RM400 per month.

No wonder undertable are rampant everywhere.... even Najib 'approved' it

Surprisingly, the Chief is a Chinese... not Malay

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/ex-kl-cid-chief-owns-10-properties-rm12-070000100.html

KUALA LUMPUR, May 4 — Former Kuala Lumpur Criminal Investigation Department (CID) chief Datuk Ku Chin Wah owns 10 properties in Malaysia even though he used to earn just RM12,000 monthly, a deputy public prosecutor testified at Ku’s money laundering trial here today.

DPP Mohd Asnawi Abu Hanipah, who was testifying as a witness, also said the wife of the former high-ranking police official was earning RM8,000 a month, as he read out Ku’s declaration of assets at the Sessions Court here.

“For immovable properties, there is a terrace house in KK (Kota Kinabalu), Seri Kenangan apartment in Wangsa Maju, a house in Puchong, a low-cost shop in Kampung Sentosa, Serendah, a shop house in Bandar Permai Malacca, an apartment at Jalan Megah KL, a service apartment at Swiss Garden Residences, land for bungalow in KL, land for bungalow on Sabah, in Kundasang, and a service apartment in Bangsar South,” Mohd Asnawi told the Sessions Court here.

Ku also owns two plots of “land for bungalows” — one in Kuala Lumpur and another in Kundasang, Sabah, he said.

DPP Budiman Lufti Mohamed, who was prosecuting, said Ku was being charged with money laundering because while he adhered to the notice asking that he declare his assets, he didn't reveal the source of income that allowed for the acquisition of the listed assets.

“The charge is because he failed to declare all his sources of income in the written statement under oath and affirmation. He didn't reveal the source,” he said.

According to Ku's declaration of assets, he and his wife owned three businesses and were also shareholders in many companies including Malaysia Airlines Berhad, Genting Bhd and F&N that added up to over RM646,000.

Ku also declared that he and his wife owned five cars, including a Peugeot 308 and a Hyundai Sonata.

Ku and his wife were also paying for 18 insurance policies for themselves and their two children.

The former KL CID chief was charged under Section 49(3) of the Anti-Money Laundering and Anti-Terrorism Financing Act 2001 for failing to declare his acceptance of a “commission” amounting to RM961,500 in a sworn statement dated January 8, 2014.

If found guilty, Ku faces a maximum fine of RM1 million, imprisonment of up to one year, or both.

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/ex-kl-cid-chief-owns-10-properties-rm12-070000100.html

Fair bit of chinese in city police force, due to the fact that criminal gangs are linked to secret-societies, mainly chinese, still exist in malaysia.

RM12k ... and you know what is the PM's official pay?? [laugh]

Civil service pay is slow to move in malaysia, while standard of living has risen considerably.

But while we look at the number as quite low, bear in mind that there are many allowances and fringe benefits like PENSION scheme, living quarters for the officers and other ranks, etc. Much like in british times.

All these are not available any more in singapore, thus salary has to be higher to compensate the loss.

• Praise 1

next time dun blame for slow stamping your passport or let you wait for few hours to get thing done, their productivity and efficiency has to match their pay   :D

• Praise 2

Twincharged

You really cannot blame them if they are smart. Unlike us, we buy all sorts of brand but these people are genius they buy the best brand of washing machine, known for silent operation, efficient, power saving and most important of all, the outcome smelling fresh and like new.

KUALA LUMPUR, May 4 — Former Kuala Lumpur Criminal Investigation Department (CID) chief Datuk Ku Chin Wah owns 10 properties in Malaysia even though he used to earn just RM12,000 monthly, a deputy public prosecutor testified at Ku’s money laundering trial here today.

DPP Mohd Asnawi Abu Hanipah, who was testifying as a witness, also said the wife of the former high-ranking police official was earning RM8,000 a month, as he read out Ku’s declaration of assets at the Sessions Court here.

“For immovable properties, there is a terrace house in KK (Kota Kinabalu), Seri Kenangan apartment in Wangsa Maju, a house in Puchong, a low-cost shop in Kampung Sentosa, Serendah, a shop house in Bandar Permai Malacca, an apartment at Jalan Megah KL, a service apartment at Swiss Garden Residences, land for bungalow in KL, land for bungalow on Sabah, in Kundasang, and a service apartment in Bangsar South,” Mohd Asnawi told the Sessions Court here.

Ku also owns two plots of “land for bungalows” — one in Kuala Lumpur and another in Kundasang, Sabah, he said.

DPP Budiman Lufti Mohamed, who was prosecuting, said Ku was being charged with money laundering because while he adhered to the notice asking that he declare his assets, he didn't reveal the source of income that allowed for the acquisition of the listed assets.

“The charge is because he failed to declare all his sources of income in the written statement under oath and affirmation. He didn't reveal the source,” he said.

According to Ku's declaration of assets, he and his wife owned three businesses and were also shareholders in many companies including Malaysia Airlines Berhad, Genting Bhd and F&N that added up to over RM646,000.

Ku also declared that he and his wife owned five cars, including a Peugeot 308 and a Hyundai Sonata.

Ku and his wife were also paying for 18 insurance policies for themselves and their two children.

The former KL CID chief was charged under Section 49(3) of the Anti-Money Laundering and Anti-Terrorism Financing Act 2001 for failing to declare his acceptance of a “commission” amounting to RM961,500 in a sworn statement dated January 8, 2014.

If found guilty, Ku faces a maximum fine of RM1 million, imprisonment of up to one year, or both.

• Praise 2

ONLY RM1 MILLION AND ONE YEAR IMPRISONMENT? 

• Praise 1

Twincharged

Their pay so low? No wonder they are corrupted... Who would want to work for such low pay?

• Praise 1

Their pay so low? No wonder they are corrupted... Who would want to work for such low pay?

Who works for the "official" pay?

The best is: Get into a position of power, every day open envelope or angbao can liao...

• Praise 2

Supercharged

totally agree the pay is peanuts.

living in KL on this kind of pay is terrible.  KL is not cheap living standard.

Ppl worked for govt, not for this miserable pay.  its the job position that commands power and will open doors for corruption, which is what they after.

This is the serious problem of corruption in MY.  The top ppl are doing it.  Imagine what a normal constable think when he knows his Chief is so corrupted.  He will do the same.  "My chief is doing it, so of course its ok for me to do also"  

Come to think about this, I would think for a normal MY person who wants to be a policeman, he would rather join our Singapore AETOS or CISCO auxiliary officer.  We definitely pay a lot higher. 

basic pay is already about S$2.500 (RM$7,500), on top still got joining bonus $3000, and have other allowances. (according to their job advertisement)

its definitely than getting a miserable Malaysian constable pay of RM400 per month.

No wonder AETOS and CISCO got a lot of Malaysians working.  If they live in JB, they can just ride bike, in and out of SG, to work.

Supercharged

sibeh no dignity

I think 100% MCF members (without any pretence) are paid higher than this Chief

(edited)

totally agree the pay is peanuts.

living in KL on this kind of pay is terrible.  KL is not cheap living standard.

Ppl worked for govt, not for this miserable pay.  its the job position that commands power and will open doors for corruption donation, which is what they after.

This is the serious problem of corruption donations in MY.  The top ppl are doing it.  Imagine what a normal constable think when he knows his Chief is so corrupted.  He will do the same.  "My chief is doing it, so of course its ok for me to do also"  

Come to think about this, I would think for a normal MY person who wants to be a policeman, he would rather join our Singapore AETOS or CISCO auxiliary officer.  We definitely pay a lot higher. 

basic pay is already about S$2.500 (RM$7,500), on top still got joining bonus $3000, and have other allowances. (according to their job advertisement)

its definitely than getting a miserable Malaysian constable pay of RM400 per month.

No wonder AETOS and CISCO got a lot of Malaysians working.  If they live in JB, they can just ride bike, in and out of SG, to work.

Their leader had spoken & stress that : It's donations not corruption ... :yuush:

So if you kena stopped on highway for whatever offences, it is donation that the police officers ask for....  :ninja:

:XD:     :XD:

Edited by Picnic06-Biante15
  • Praise 3

(edited)

I think 100% MCF members (without any pretence) are paid higher than this Chief

I only paid $600/- (= MR1752) per month niah ... :a-m1524:

How much should a toilet janitor (like me) can get per month ... :a-rip2:

Edited by Picnic06-Biante15
  • Praise 1

Supercharged

Their leader had spoken & stress that : It's donations not corruption ... :yuush:

So if you kena stopped on highway for whatever offences, it is donation that the police officers ask for....  :ninja:

:XD:     :XD:

If I "donate", can have IRAS deduction rebate or not?  :D

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1