Airline electronics ban

Civic2000

Take note if you are travelling on these airlines/flying from or in transit from these airports to UK and US.

Which airports are involved?

The U.S. ban cover 10 airports, including major global hubs such as Dubai.

The full list: Cairo, Egypt; Dubai and Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates; Istanbul, Turkey; Doha, Qatar; Amman, Jordan; Kuwait City; Casablanca, Morocco; and Jeddah and Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.

The U.K. list is shorter. It covers all inbound flights from Turkey, Lebanon, Egypt, Tunisia and Saudi Arabia but omits airports such as Dubai, Abu Dhabi and Doha.

Which airlines are affected?

The nine airlines that operate direct flights to the U.S. from affected airports are Egyptair, Emirates Airline, Etihad Airways, Kuwait Airways, Qatar Airways, Royal Air Maroc, Royal Jordanian Airlines, Saudi Arabian Airlines and Turkish Airlines.

The U.K. restrictions apply to 14 airlines: British Airways, EasyJet, Jet2.com, Monarch, Thomas Cook, Thomson, Turkish Airlines, Pegasus Airways, Atlas-Global Airlines, Middle East Airlines, Egyptair, Royal Jordanian, Tunis Air and Saudia.

Which devices are banned?

Smartphones will still be allowed. But passengers will have to check in any electronic devices bigger than that. That includes laptops, cameras, gaming devices and tablets such as iPads.

http://money.cnn.com/2017/03/21/news/airline-electronics-ban-explainer/

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4

Take note if you are travelling on these airlines/flying from or in transit from these airports to UK and US.

Which airports are involved?

The U.S. ban cover 10 airports, including major global hubs such as Dubai.

The full list: Cairo, Egypt; Dubai and Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates; Istanbul, Turkey; Doha, Qatar; Amman, Jordan; Kuwait City; Casablanca, Morocco; and Jeddah and Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.

The U.K. list is shorter. It covers all inbound flights from Turkey, Lebanon, Egypt, Tunisia and Saudi Arabia but omits airports such as Dubai, Abu Dhabi and Doha.

Which airlines are affected?

The nine airlines that operate direct flights to the U.S. from affected airports are Egyptair, Emirates Airline, Etihad Airways, Kuwait Airways, Qatar Airways, Royal Air Maroc, Royal Jordanian Airlines, Saudi Arabian Airlines and Turkish Airlines.

The U.K. restrictions apply to 14 airlines: British Airways, EasyJet, Jet2.com, Monarch, Thomas Cook, Thomson, Turkish Airlines, Pegasus Airways, Atlas-Global Airlines, Middle East Airlines, Egyptair, Royal Jordanian, Tunis Air and Saudia.

Which devices are banned?

Smartphones will still be allowed. But passengers will have to check in any electronic devices bigger than that. That includes laptops, cameras, gaming devices and tablets such as iPads.

http://money.cnn.com/2017/03/21/news/airline-electronics-ban-explainer/

Thanks for your notification of awareness in packing traveling luggages.
  • Praise 1

Cannot bring laptop... really PITA.

Not that I am likely to fly to either USA or UK in the next 2-3 years anyway but I think more and more airports/airlines will start implementing the same rules.

Edited by Kusje

I think next time take aeroplane must hand over all handphone ipiak laptop games and put inside bomb proof box

Something like this :grin:

Strain-Coffin-4-210x300.jpg

• Praise 1

work purposes. Just fly via frankfurt or tokyo lor.

I am small fry. Boss say fly I fly.

Cannot question which airline and route 

• Praise 1

I am small fry. Boss say fly I fly.

Cannot question which airline and route 

Oh ok. I thought usually the company HR just has a travel agent who books for you based on your requirement.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

All thanks to samsung?? [laugh]

Anyway for some it may be a long boring torturing flight without beedeos and games..

• Praise 1

which airline companies have very good in flight entertainment?

I don't travel often. Krisworld as usual, is good.

All thanks to samsung?? [laugh]

Anyway for some it may be a long boring torturing flight without beedeos and games..

terrorists AKA SAMSUNG

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

which airline companies have very good in flight entertainment?

I don't travel often. Krisworld as usual, is good.

terrorists AKA SAMSUNG

I also dun travel often...but maybe my vote goes to emirates...latest movies...

• Praise 1

I think next time take aeroplane must hand over all handphone ipiak laptop games and put inside bomb proof box

Something like this :grin:

You can also buy " ri-mo-ma " Aluminum case. Ha ha ha

Strain-Coffin-4-210x300.jpg

• Praise 5

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

It's kind of funny in a sad sense. But one of the threads tagged as related talked about MAS banning check-in baggage.

When the Malaysians do it, it's "bodoh lah".

When the AMDK do it, everyone just kpkb but doesn't vilify them.

AM really is sibei DK to get such a free pass from "Asians".

• Praise 2

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

It's kind of funny in a sad sense. But one of the threads tagged as related talked about MAS banning check-in baggage.

When the Malaysians do it, it's "bodoh lah".

When the AMDK do it, everyone just kpkb but doesn't vilify them.

AM really is sibei DK to get such a free pass from "Asians".

? MAS banned check in baggage?

? MAS banned check in baggage?

Just citing this thread: http://www.mycarforum.com/topic/2701165-no-check-in-baggage-allowed-by-mas/

Don't have the time to run down the original "sauce" (EDMW speak for source), so may just be a mountain out of a molehill.

My point is the unfair double standard here.

I, for one, think there's NOTHING special about Ang Mohs of any sort in this day and age.

• Praise 1

My point is the unfair double standard here.

actually trump talked to american airline bosses few weeks ago? Coincidence?  [grin]

• Praise 1