A Singaporean died in Sydney skydiving accident

Dleodleo

More details on Singaporean's parachute death.

Young skydiver Mario Low Ke Wei was ‘adventurous’ traveller from Singapore, heartbroken sister says

THE overseas family of a man who plunged to his death in a weekend skydiving accident has asked police to investigate what went tragically wrong. 

First time parachute jumper Mario Low Ke Wei, 29, from Singapore, died along with his 60-year-old instructor, Adrian Lloyd, during a 4,200m tandem skydive near Wilton, 90km northwest of Sydney on Saturday. Their bodies were found in the driveway of a property in Wilton, southwest of Sydney, a few hundred metres from the “dropzone” base of Sydney Skydivers.

Mr Low’s heartbroken sister Angeline said her he had only just arrived in Sydney and the family hoped police would find out the cause of the accident.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/nsw/young-skydiver-mario-low-ke-wei-was-adventurous-traveller-from-singapore-heartbroken-sister-says/news-story/b97c0195d1b36675254c06c5ce12ad7c

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 9

do they have a age limit for the instructor?

i mean if for personal jump maybe still ok, but as an instructor that tie to someone and jump, i am a bit worry.

• Praise 1

do they have a age limit for the instructor?

i mean if for personal jump maybe still ok, but as an instructor that tie to someone and jump, i am a bit worry.

Citing the above as an example, the 60 years old Australian man is definitely different from our local 60 year old Ah Pek. In overseas, people live their lives fullest & enjoy sports & outdoors activities. Here, most stressed out their lives in the rat race. Too tired for any other strenuous exercise or activities.

• Praise 5

I hope they have gopro footage that they can retrieve to find out the cause of the fatal fall. It will offer closure for the families of both victims. -_-

• Praise 3

I got open a new thread meh?  I tot I posted in freak accident thread?  How come it became another thread?

Hypersonic

I got open a new thread meh?  I tot I posted in freak accident thread?  How come it became another thread?

gongxi gongxi

mods give you chance to win thread of the month contest

i praise first to 顺天意

:D

• Praise 1

Anyone knows if the noob can activate the emergency parachute?

In case say the experienced parachutist passes out from some heart attack or what.

gongxi gongxi

mods give you chance to win thread of the month contest

i praise first to 顺天意

:D

What is 顺天意?

Got new thread contest one meh? 

I never heard of.  I am so suaku. [laugh] [laugh]

I acquired my skydiving licence in Australia back in 2000.

Without reading any details of the accident, my guess is that both the rigs didnt open ( less than one in million chance) or the tandem master kena heart attack in the middle of it and was paralysed from action.

Or if he kena heart attack and was wearing an AAD (very unlikely) the reserve chute might have opened and wrapped them up due to bad positioning and wind.

As a skydiver, equipment is our life. So nobody messes around when it comes to equipment checks and preoaration

• Praise 3

In case say the experienced parachutist passes out from some heart attack or what.

Cannot.. don't remember being taught..

Citing the above as an example, the 60 years old Australian man is definitely different from our local 60 year old Ah Pek. In overseas, people live their lives fullest & enjoy sports & outdoors activities. Here, most stressed out their lives in the rat race. Too tired for any other strenuous exercise or activities.

Totally agree abt the lifestyle part... and u will be amazed as well at how little they get payed to do that..

(edited)

Well actually yes, there is a cord to pull but only if he actually has the composure and speed to do so.

But as tandem your life in in the hands of the tandem master

As a tandem , he probably had no idea what was happening until a point, it was getting too close to the ground for comfort

But i imagine, its a very scary way to go. Knowing that you are going to hit the ground and the impact was going to crush you totally

Edited by Throttle2
  • Praise 3

Without reading any details of the accident, my guess is that both the rigs didnt open ( less than one in million chance) or the tandem master kena heart attack in the middle of it and was paralysed from action.

Or if he kena heart attack and was wearing an AAD (very unlikely) the reserve chute might have opened and wrapped them up due to bad positioning and wind.

As a skydiver, equipment is our life. So nobody messes around when it comes to equipment checks and preoaration

so if for some reason, the tandem master passes out, it's gone case for the newbie?

more likely was the case accordingly to this news report  http://www.straitstimes.com/asia/australianz/singaporean-man-plunges-to-death-near-sydney-in-skydiving-lesson-gone-awry-report

"Television footage taken by helicopter from above the driveway where the men landed appeared to show the parachutes, indicating they opened either partially or in full."

(edited)

more likely was the case accordingly to this news report http://www.straitstimes.com/asia/australianz/singaporean-man-plunges-to-death-near-sydney-in-skydiving-lesson-gone-awry-report

"Television footage taken by helicopter from above the driveway where the men landed appeared to show the parachutes, indicating they opened either partially or in full."

There could 100000001 possible reasons.

Anyway the tandem master doesnt wear a gopro cam normally

The cam is usually worn by a cameraman who is a super skilled skydiver who records the whole process and edits it later for the skydiver/customer.

In this case, i believe the customer did not opt for a video recording of his jump.

If that really is the case, there would be no camera scenes. The only thing is eyewitness from the ground and all they would be able to see is how the skydivers plunge to the ground.

Its indeed a really sad tragedy.

Edited by Throttle2
  • Praise 2

Bro you sure you can tandem sky dive. Diving with you now would be like tying a boulder around your patner's waist. Feel sorry for the parachute.

• Praise 9

Supercharged

more likely was the case accordingly to this news report  http://www.straitstimes.com/asia/australianz/singaporean-man-plunges-to-death-near-sydney-in-skydiving-lesson-gone-awry-report

to land a KM away from the intended landing point either a chute must be deployed somehow or one is wearing a wingsuit... if not is straight down from where they leap off the plane.

Read somewhere the Singaporean afraid of height.. Will it be a possible reason that he had an panic attack and struggle and struggle? Then accidentally hit the tandem or something... 

↡ Advertisement