2018 Suzuki Swift Sport 1.4 Turbo

Pocus

Since this is a new model, I think it warranty a new thread to set it apart from the old Swifts

The official announcement with happen at Frankfurt Motorshow next week.

Anyone as hyped up as me?

The info we know so far:

• Car is slightly larger than previous Swifts, but you cannot tell unless you compare side by side.
  • 1.4 Direct Injected intercooled (front mounted) Turbo, Euro 6 compliant
  • 140ps @ 5500rpm
  • 230nm @ 2500-3500rpm (That's higher than normal turbo range, optimized more for performance)
  • 970kg for MT, 990kg for AT
  • 6MT or tipronic 6AT(They ditched the CVT)
  • 17" rims
  • cruise control and Bluetooth with LED display
  • fabric and leather hybrid sport seats
  • Collision mitigation for higher JDM spec, not sure if it will come locally.
  • JDM release date​ this Month 2017 so PI can start bringing them soon.
  • 0-100 not recorded but based on specs and weight should be in the sub-7 secs
The cheapest trim is selling at 1.7 milllion yen, after conversion is around $21kSGD for the OMV.

Based calculations of PARF and current cat B COE, the car should be around 120k bracket plus minus.

Anyone's radar on this?

Close up

YMrlC5P.jpg

15pNyzm.jpg

vpVK6PD.jpg

cv685dN.jpg

Interior

s5V5eBY.jpg

S3aR94f.jpg

Zhnged version

RMNWXbk.jpg

gTKXU0Q.jpg

Edited by Pocus
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 15

Yeah.

Shortlisted for my wife SSS 1.4T or the 1.0T Civic HB.

Recently have been complaining about the useless rear seat of her Cooper when she is out with her gfs...

• Praise 3

wow ... this is good news for me. comes with MT. the rest of the new MT cars selling now i can't really afford. 

Since this is a new model, I think it warranty a new thread to set it apart from the old Swifts

The info we know so far:

• Car is slightly larger than previous Swifts, but you cannot tell unless you compare side by side.
  • 140ps @ 5500rpm
  • 230nm @ 2500-3500rpm (That's higher than normal turbo range, optimized more for performance)
  • 17" rims
The cheapest trim is selling at 1.7 milllion yen, after conversion is around $21kSGD for the OMV.
Based calculations of PARF and current cat B COE, the car should be around 120k bracket plus minus.

Anyone's radar on this?

Close up
YMrlC5P.jpg

15pNyzm.jpg

vpVK6PD.jpg

cv685dN.jpg

Interior
s5V5eBY.jpg

S3aR94f.jpg

Zhnged version
RMNWXbk.jpg

gTKXU0Q.jpg

• Praise 2
  • Dislike 1

Yeah.

Shortlisted for my wife SSS 1.4T or the 1.0T Civic HB.

Recently have been complaining about the useless rear seat of her Cooper when she is out with her gfs...

In that case better forget abt the Swift. Rear leg room oso CMI

wow ... this is good news for me. comes with MT. the rest of the new MT cars selling now i can't really afford.

Can la. Chery

Swift rear space acceptable.

It's the boot that is unacceptable

• Praise 1

Tks @Pocus for sharing!

Looks great n yes likely to be a fun car but hopefully agent brings in n price it competitively n it will surely sell, looking forward to more info in due course!

• Praise 5

Had sat both 2 door mini Cooper and swift before. The Cooper is really small. The swift is still okay for petite figure.

For hatch like this the front is okay but the rear seats are always the issue.

In the video they mention the wheelbase is longer so the interior is slightly larger. I tried sitting in the new 2017 swift RS (same chassis but non sport hybrid version)

Seriously I can't tell if its bigger than the old swift...lol

But roof is higher and the boot is definately deeper than both predecessors..

Edited by Pocus

I am sorry I think fat is politically incorrect.

I should have said how bui bui they are.

If they are like SNSD I think I can get

4 in the back with a bit of baby oil.

• Praise 1

Tks @Pocus for sharing!

Looks great n yes likely to be a fun car but hopefully agent brings in n price it competitively n it will surely sell, looking forward to more info in due course!

I feel this car has potential as it fills the gap for a affordable pocket rocket market that was absent for a long time...

Looking at the weight and Manual option sure brings back the old school hot hatch feeling that was prevalent in the late 90s.

but price must be put right. It will face stiff competition from the crossover market where people now mostly favour faux SUV looks than technical spec..

Edited by Pocus

The info we know so far:

• 140ps @ 5500rpm
  • 17" rims

Anyone's radar on this?

[wave]

I might get this after a couple years if CM or PI brings in the MT. First batch new models normally have some issues so I will wait awhile. OMV is quite high, my ZC31 is only 14k. Of coz, that has only 2 airbags and ESP. I activated the ESP once, the feeling is quite surreal. Lol.

This ZC33 might be imposed of VES too. So price might be higher than 120k. At the price, this SS might not be that attractive. Keeping my fingers crossed it stays below 120k before any discounts.

0-100 is more like sub 8s. Some news indicated 7.5 to 7.7s. It's sad to see the redline less than 6k. Wonder how it sounds. ZC32 is quite subtle compared to 31.

• Praise 3

Had sat both 2 door mini Cooper and swift before. The Cooper is really small. The swift is still okay for petite figure.

For hatch like this the front is okay but the rear seats are always the issue.

In the video they mention the wheelbase is longer so the interior is slightly larger. I tried sitting in the new 2017 swift RS (same chassis but non sport hybrid version)

Seriously I can't tell if its bigger than the old swift...lol

But roof is higher and the boot is definately deeper than both predecessors..

Change to those fixed bucket seats made of Kevlar or CF. There are no paddings on the back rest so the rear passengers got more space. [sly]

Is the rear suspension still torsion beam? Swift always have a high roofline. No matter how low I went, still higher than most stock sedans.

I feel this car has potential as it fills the gap for a affordable pocket rocket market that was absent for a long time...

Looking at the weight and Manual option sure brings back the old school hot hatch feeling that was prevalent in the late 90s.

but price must be put right. It will face stiff competition from the crossover market where people now mostly favour faux SUV looks than technical spec..

Ya agreed n yes the car buyers these days seem to favour SUV n faux ones as well possibly cos of its road presence? Anyway hot hatches seem to go missing in most car line ups so good Suzuki is making an effort to fill this gap, lets see what they bringing.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3