Understanding privilege

Ender

thanks for sharing bro. i hope to be able to constantly remind my kids on how blessed and privileged they are. same for myself. 

But my teacher taught me Singapore very meritocracy everyone equal chance. ):

Joke aside, I think this is really a very simple video to explain privilege!

• Praise 1

This was shared on my facebook. Many kids nowadays are privileged, important thing is they recognised, utilize it and help those who are not as privileged.

https://www.facebook.com/doctorkiki/videos/2070923123127225/

ah i watched this few years back, but always good for a share.

Yup, the fact that is most people (especially upper middle class people and above) don't understand what luck/privilege is. And another big bias is survivorship bias.

another very good meme about equality vs equity

post-4207-0-88251200-1513302015.jpeg

• Praise 11

ah i watched this few years back, but always good for a share.

Yup, the fact that is most people (especially upper middle class people and above) don't understand what luck/privilege is. And another big bias is survivorship bias.

another very good meme about equality vs equity

my favourite meme for feminism bashing. my gender doesn't seem to realise that equality =/= equity.

• Praise 1

Not part of the natural aristocracy? 

yes....and also it is quite difficult to run fast when carrying 165kg around

:XD:

This was shared on my facebook. Many kids nowadays are privileged, important thing is they recognised, utilize it and help those who are not as privileged.

Thanks for showing this again.

I saw this some months back and wanted to show my kids but they were busy with studies/exams. Then later on, couldn't find it anymore.

Will try to show them later...

• Praise 2

A simple yet powerful method to let all those who participated to really understand that privilege can only put a person that far amongst the peer.

It's really what effort individual puts in that really matters in the race.

Inspirational.

Also to share when one becomes successful.

Edited by Atonchia
  • Praise 2

Really? The one behind all black...

Not surprising. U can change it to be 2nd generation Mexican immigrants and no different really except for maybe the divorce thing (since catholicism is their main religion)
  • Praise 1

It's been a while since I've seen this, but still a good reminder of what we have.

In our normal life though, it's hard to see what advantages we've been given, because we don't always come into contact with the less fortunate and know what's in their life. I guess as long as we're more compassionate, we're moving in the right direction.

• Praise 1