The HTR Z III (High Technology Radials-3rd generation) is Sumitomo's Max Performance Summer tire developed for sports cars, sporty coupes and high performance sedans. It is designed to showcase Sumitomo's technical resources by providing high speed handling stability along with traction on dry and wet roads. Like all summer tires, it is not intended to be driven in near-freezing temperatures, through snow or on ice.
The Sumitomo HTR Z III features a silica-enhanced tread compound molded into a sophisticated, 5-rib, asymmetric tread design. Large outboard shoulder and intermediate tread blocks along with continuous center and inboard intermediate ribs provide responsive handling, high-speed stability and dry road traction. The inside shoulder is linked by another continuous circumferential rib that enhances wear quality to help reduce noise throughout the life of the tire, especially on vehicles with independent suspensions and alignment settings that specify negative camber. Straight and wide circumferential grooves along with long, sweeping lateral grooves pump water from under the tire’s footprint to increase hydroplaning resistance and wet traction.
The Sumitomo HTR Z III radial features a high-rigidity construction consisting of wide steel belts reinforced by spirally wrapped polyamide that stabilize the tread area to enhance handling and high-speed capability. Its polyester cord body and hard rubber sidewall fillers help blend uniform ride quality with steering response and lateral stability.
- Five rib asymmetric tread pattern merges cornering with straight line stability.
- Long lateral grooves evacuate water from the center of the footprint.
- Four straight, wide grooves further heighten drainage for improved wet performance.
- Siped tie-bars reinforce block rigidity for control and enhance wet traction.
- A 3-D wave wall increases drainage capabilities and reinforces center rib stability.
- Rigid, wide steel belts
- High tension casing plies
- Advanced silica tread compound
- Reinforced construction (by size) for real world durability
- Y-speed rating for true high-performance vehicles
- Covered by Sumitomo’s “Life of the Original Tread” Warranty
- Direct replacement sizing for premium performance vehicles including Lexus, Infiniti, BMW and Cadillac
- True performance upgrade sizing for tuner segment vehicles like Honda, Volkswagen, Nissan and Subaru