Michelin Pilot Sport 3 tyres are designed for driving pleasure and security in both wet and dry conditions.
- 3 meters shorter braking distance on wet roads (Tests conducted in 2009 by the independent TÜV SÜD. Compared with Michelin Pilot Sport PS2.)
More Driving Pleasure
- Better cornering
- Very precise steering recognised by car manufacturers (Fitment to AMG SL, CLS and S-Class.)
- 10% more wear life and even more fuel saving (Based on internal test in 2009. Compared to Michelin Pilot Preceda PP2.)
Thanks to Anti Surf System providing optimum grip on wet surfaces. The curved shoulder design of The Michelin Pilot Sport 3 enables it to cut into the water, delaying the onset of aquaplaning without reducing the total contact area with the road. With a more curved shoulder area, Michelin Pilot Sport 3 is more efficient at evacuating water, improving safety in all conditions.Precise Steering
Thanks to Programmed Distortion Design using digital technology to provide driving precision. This design provides optimum road contact area and treads compound temperature for any force required from the tyre. The result comes from 50,000 hours of simulation and over 100,000 km of vehicle tests.
At low speeds, the tread pattern remains flexible and allows the rubber to distort enough to reach a good operating temperature. At high speeds, the tread pattern maintains its stiffness which prevents the rubber compound exceeding its optimum operating temperature.Fuel Saving and Longevity
Thanks to an innovative and revolutionary Sport Power Compound. High performance and energy efficiency with "Sport Power Compound".
- This revolutionary tread compound enables Michelin Pilot Sport 3 to combine excellent grip on wet surfaces with reduced rolling resistance.
- Michelin Pilot Sport 3 tyre offers 10% more longevity than its predecessor.
- Such a performance break through is thanks to the experience gained from more than 10 consecutive Le Mans 24 Hour victories. With total long lasting performances and reduction in rolling resistance, Michelin is thinking about the environment even with its sport tyres.
The Sport Power Compound is made of 3 components: Wet Grip Elastomer
- Wet Grip Elastomer is a high dense polymer that is extremely flexible. It conforms to the slightest bump in the road and breaks the water film covering the road. Michelin Pilot Sport 3 owes its excellent grip on wet roads to this polymer.
Long Lasting Elastomer
- Long Lasting Elastomer is a polymer characterised by a high resistance to wear. On each revolution of the wheel, the tread compound stretches and flexes allowing it to grip the road surface without tearing the bonds in the tread compound. Michelin Pilot Sport 3 owes its remarkable mileage potential to this polymer.
- Silica is a material characterised by its low energy loss. At each turn of the wheel, it allows the rubber to efficiently transmit the power of the engine virtually without loss. Michelin Pilot Sport 3 owes its remarkable energy efficiency to this polymer.
Visit our website for more information: http://www.michelin.com.sg/