Any comments on the new Fortuner 2.7

Serene

Neutral Newbie

Went to Toyota showroom last week and saw the new fortuner 2.7. the price is low for a 2.7 litre car. have any comments on this car?

↡ Advertisement

i think having been in mfg line, i do agree the skill of the labour does make a difference in the product.

hence thai made can almost be said to be definitely still behind jap made.

however, i think the more pertinent question is which gives u better value for money.

if say jap made gives you 1 minor fault per year while thai made gives you only 2 minor fault a year but at savings of say $3k per year, definitely i will still choose the thai made.

and also, it is not foregone conclusion thai made is bad. Opel Zafira is Thai made but that hasn't prevent it from earning accolodes from drivers and car reviewers alike.

Edited by Acemundo

happened to stop behind one while driving, bloody tall monster. From driver's position can't see the driver's head. Can only see the spare at the rear.

Very high CG.

the price is really unbeatable.....ard 90k for a 7-seats SUV but the FC is definitely obscene plus the braking system they are using, better give it a miss. In the ideal world where petrol is cheaper than water, i will definitely rush for it.

Supercharged

driving SUV requires a style that brakes early, corners slow and visit petrol stations more often :P