1993 BMW 325i Sludge engine

Trex101

cool pic man..

never seen inside of an engine b4..

boss.. ask u ah.. wats the "norm" for changin engine oil?

since the 1st day of my car, i changed at 1k, 5k, 10k, 20k..

now my car is runnin at abt 34k liao.. should i change at 40k?

i started usin synthetic oil after 10k liao..

For ease of remembering and also for the sake of the other components like spark plugs and A/C cabin filter and what have you, 10k interval is nice. No need to track so many things. Even if synthetic oil is that good, 15k is as far as you can go because beyond that the oil filter gets plugged.

[shocked] Finally i get to know how does a sludge up engine looks like [:p] Really good pics you have for us so as to remind ourselves to change the engine oil on a regular basis [thumbsup]

Is the engine yours? Interesting.

The cams look alright by me, the engine looks like it has been around. Hem...changed my car engine sump a couple of years ago, even though I changed my engine oil regularly, it looks the same as the picture.smile.gif

Honestly, in my view it looks normal and common. Regardless of what has been said about the engine can be flush out easily, this is a common sight and result of engine oil, hence the oil filter will help.

Bro, you are wrong... this is not normal.

Pls see below at my engine, i took some Hp photos when my mech open my valve cover during my 100k timing belt change. Sorry for the bad photo quality cos only got Hp at that time.

post-8-1130396674_thumb.jpg

post-8-1130396675_thumb.jpg

post-8-1130396676_thumb.jpg

post-8-1130396677_thumb.jpg

post-8-1130396678_thumb.jpg

guess you are right. 100k is a very young engine, some cars only run in at 50 or 100 K, the other engine looks like it has seen it many days.

Edited by Fortress

The BMW has less mileage than mine, has about 54k mile or 86k km. Probably follow some weird BMW extended OCI or don change oil at all, like their lifetime ATF... [hur]