Toyota ISIS or Wish?

Emkay

Hi,

Anyone here has experience on these 2 cars?

Am considering both model .. like the sliding doors, auto tailgate and the dash of ISIS but the exterior of Wish is newer and has projector headlights.

Engine wise, they are identical.

Engine and consumables I suppose both are same but how about body-parts? anyone driving the ISIS? does the sliding doors or tailgate give you any problems?

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Try www.delphiforums.com site for the Toyota Wish site. Some discussions over there.

Or www.toyotaclubsg.com for more info.

To me, the ISIS a more functional car than the WISH, with all the selling points that you mentioned. Of course, to be really functional, it has to forego some aesthetics.

One thing to note is spare parts: many for the WISH due to so many of them on the roads, not sure about ISIS though.

although i do not drive one, i think i prefer the isis to the wish. we can also see an increasing number of isis' on the road. furthermore, the isis looks much more spacious then the wish and it is sliding door. the isis also does not have the 'B' pillar making the car more spacious.

Neutral Newbie

i remember not long ago in Taiwan (it was in the news), the sliding door of a car (not sure what made and brand) damage the finger of a lazy.

Just for info, incase u missed this news. Just stating some facts, not saying if its good or not, as personally never try this car before

Neutral Newbie

is the sliding door on ISIS electronic? I know it's electronic for the Previa.

If it's electronic, i think there's some kind of an anti-jamming device (like for car windows). Unless of course, the device fails.

Isis is new model but I kinda

dislike the rear Lights Cluster.

The signal lamps are positioned

differently from the brake lamp

cluster.

Looks kinda funny and cheapo.

Neutral Newbie

hi i cant rememebr which car sliding door got the lady drivers finger liao, was some time back on TV news.

dun trust everything electronic hor.....infact mechanical is the best u can trust. short circuit or CPU go haywire can cause even more problem

ISIS sliding doors are electronics, which I guess are safer .. saw on toyota web that the closing is gradual and slow .. compare that to cargo van style of slide-and-slam ..

the exterior of ISIS is not as exciting as the wish but I think it is more practical and functional like you said .. guess now I have to test drive both car and decide base on drivability ..

unsure.gifsweatdrop.gif

hi all,

just wondering how come u guys like sliding doors

it's too much like a van, no class at all

can you imagine any sports car using sliding door?

that's why mazda 5 and isis is out of my wish list

i may be bias but just sharing my views :)

Hi all,

[idea] I am thinking of getting either a Wish or Honda Edix. Went down to a few PI and found out that they do not allow for test drive, unless you 101% will buy from them. Like that how to convince us to buy??? Any 1 know any good PI that allow for test drive without any obligation.. Thanks

I went to Frankel Motors and was offered a test drive on a weekday, no weekends. did not take it up as i did not get it from them eventually.

the others ... no test drive [:(]

well, the manual sliding doors may feel like a van's but not the electronic ones though.

it's so much more practical especially at tight multi storey carpark lots.

Neutral Newbie
Hi,

Anyone here has experience on these 2 cars?

Am considering both model .. like the sliding doors, auto tailgate and the dash of ISIS but the exterior of Wish is newer and has projector headlights.

Engine wise, they are identical.

Engine and consumables I suppose both are same but how about body-parts? anyone driving the ISIS? does the sliding doors or tailgate give you any problems?

I deal with these 2 cars.

This is my take. Personally I prefer the ISIS.

Customer feedback for the sliding door (motorised) has been nothing but tops for the ISIS. WISH however has better fuel consumption and the tip-tronic gearbox is always a plus.

My conclusion :-

WISH : A 7 seater that is more driver-oriented.

ISIS : A 7-seater that is more for the family-oriented driver.