Saw on Discovery --> Drifting Street Racing

Tanjm348

I saw a programme call "Street Racing" on Discovery Ch the other day. They talked abt street racing in various countries. The one that caught my eye was the Drifting Street Racing in Japan. [thumbsup][thumbsup][bounce2]

Though it was was a short section but damn solid to see real cars drifting in the streets & mountainous roads. Very exciting....

I ever heard some ppl doing it in Singapore at a secret location.

Edited by Tanjm348
↡ Advertisement

saw the one about the D1GP.. and how 1 team was building a D1 car for that event.. [sweatdrop]

dunno if it's the one that u're talking about..

Neutral Newbie

hmm, i wonder if there is anyone in singapore teaching profesiional stunt driving?

eg, drifting, stunt parking, those you see on tv.

or is there such courses avalible?

I dun tink so. The closest u can get locally is those advanced driving courses offered by tyre companies & by conti car companies. There r salom courses & skid pans for u to play ard wif.

Neutral Newbie
I saw a programme call "Street Racing" on Discovery Ch the other day. They talked abt street racing in various countries. The one that caught my eye was the Drifting Street Racing in Japan. [thumbsup][thumbsup][bounce2]

Though it was was a short section but damn solid to see real cars drifting in the streets & mountainous roads. Very exciting....

I ever heard some ppl doing it in Singapore at a secret location.

Be prepared to invest a lot in tyres. Probably need to change them after every session.

mt faber gt humps.. cannot make it.. and its onli 1 lane most of the time.. so cant drift..

maeb places like upper pierce reservior.. [sly]

Funny thing about the Gap though (that is what S. Buona Vista Rd is also called), I have not heard of major accidents there. Could it be people are scared stiff to try anything stupid there?

there's one or 2 pretty sharp bends near the mid point. and the slope at the side looks intimidating... if the car goes over the side barrier ... thats it [angel] .. so probably no one dares to take the risk [:p]

there also one stretch near pierce reservior/upper thompson... last time was used for street racing competitions. i forgot whats the name of the road liao