Meguair's step 2 paint cleaner

V200

Neutral Newbie

anybody used this before? Paint cleaner. Does it help to remove swirls?

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

If you are talking about the Meguiar's DC 3 steps system, step 1 is the paint cleaner, step 2 is the polish and step 3 is the wax. This system will not help you to remove swirls but rather might help you to hide some swirls away [;)] .

Neutral Newbie

Hide as in Filler effect? I know mostly you use machine rotary type. but if you were to use hand polish, what would you recommend to remove these swirls? [nod]

Neutral Newbie

Thanks for the help bro. As my car does not have that much swirls, can try hand first.... [laugh]

Neutral Newbie

what i know is the step two will not remove scratch but step 1 does... step 2 is more like adding lost oils and mineral on the paint to make it look darker and mor vibrant

Neutral Newbie

I personally tried Meguiar's Cleaner Wax to remove swirl marks on my car. After washing the car, I clayed it. Once I wiped it clean, I applied the cleaner wax immediately. I did the claying and apply Cleaner Wax in small area. Swirl marks are gone. Try multiple application if the marks are deep in the paint.

Neutral Newbie
anybody used this before? Paint cleaner. Does it help to remove swirls?

Just to add on my previous post, read in meguair online, another product that help to eliminate fine swirls and scratches is Deep Crystal System Polish. Personally yet to try on this product.

Neutral Newbie

Hi bro, Meg #2 and Meg DC Step 2 are different products [:p] , just in case some people are confused here, cheers.

Edited by Gen2