The new Lancia Delta

Contax

http://www.pocket-lint.co.uk/news.php?newsId=4645

Hmm.. ,is it just me or did lancia hire the same guy who designed the seat leon, and then gave him the same platform as well. man he must be laughing his ass off, 2 birds with 1 stone (again).

I know i say this every time a new car is released but lets be honest here, its ugly, boring and very much the same as everything else in its class. yawn yawn yawn. if you consider the fact thats its a lancia, then all of a sudden a seat leon or even an astra becomes more desireable, whats the point of an ugly pointless car that looks like its competitors but falls apart twice as fast. it has no place on the market.

Make it sexy, make it italian.Lancia is now supposed to be their "Luxury" outlet.

Its a crying shame.

Make it deserving of its delta name. lancia should be trying to sell a sportier alternative to fiat/alfa, if they can't do that then go bloody bust with dignity.The delta name deserves better, much much better.

The old delta hf intergrale was far better looking, why not re-release that but make it a bit better and modernise it a little bit.I'd want an old delta if they used modern technology and manufacturing to make it more reliable well built, but retained the mad handling, scary performance and rally car looks,that would be a car that could sell, that would be desireable, WTF is an ugly leon copy going to do?

Is anyone even trying to be original or competitive any more. i dont think we need another vw clone on the market. its getting to the point where you dont choose a car, just a class, then it makes no difference what you choose they're all the same platform in that class and almost the same bloody design. whats the point!!! do these people even understand basic economics?

That is so backwards!

Alfa should be aiming for the executive luxury market, they have been for a good while now (e.g. 156 was a firm exec market competitor for years)

lancia should be the sporty alternative. the hf intergrale alone gives them that right.

Edited by Contax
↡ Advertisement

Are those CG pics? If it's exactly the same in the flesh, I find it rather ok. Better than the Leon in fact. But the back end looks like the Murano... Any pics on the interior?

I like the old HF also. Sibeh hard core. My old neighbour used to own a red one with classic brown tinted windows. Swee!

And I still can remember myself glued to the front of the TV whenever their ad appears, "We... are the champions, my friend... We'll keep on fighting, to the end"

Looks like a concept or proto type model leh.

One question. Where does the Lancia brand stand in the market. Cos together with alfa, maserati, ferrari all belongs to fiat group.

Fiat car aims @ domestic/budget group.

Alfa car aims @ premium group.

Maserati/Ferrari @ super rich group.

Lancia with one model in its line up aims at executive luxury market?

I think it is more like the SUV/MPV premium market. But Delta last time small hatcback leh... [hur]

Edited by Watwheels

agree with the consensus, it looks awful and no where near fitting of the name.

The delta is a car that u look at , and seconds later realise ur bum hole is seeping through fear that it will mutilate your familly directly infront of u and ask if u want leg or breast meat [sweatdrop] truely stunning car be that..... [pirate][sly]

This prototype is nowhere near aggresive enough, everytime i see an original it looks like it wants to stamp on your face and blast off to the horizon, totally cool !

Haha , those were the prime days for Lancia in the early 90's.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lancia

Lancia is an Italian automobile manufacturer founded in 1906 by Vincenzo Lancia and which became part of the Fiat group in 1969.

It was the first company to produce a V6 engine and a V4 engine. However, these engines had extremely narrow angulation of less than 30 degrees, instead of the ideal of 60 degrees for a V6 and 90 degrees for a V4 (or V8). This meant that the banks of cylinders overlapped at the end near the crankshaft.

During the 1980s, the company cooperated with Saab Automobile, with the Lancia Delta being sold as the Saab 600 in Sweden. The 1985 Lancia Thema also shared a platform with the Saab 9000, Fiat Croma and the Alfa Romeo 164.

One of the firm's trademarks is the use of letters of the Greek alphabet as the names of its models - other than "Alpha"; that's necessarily taken up by Alfa Romeo.

In the United Kingdom, Lancia increasingly suffered from image problems during the 1980s associated with rust (though in reality, the Lancia Beta truly deserved this reputation, due to Fiat's infamous utilization of inferior Russian steel), and pulled out of the UK market in 1994. Since then no right hand drive models have been produced.

In the United States, Lancias were sold from 1977 until 1984. It was withdrawn at the same time as Fiat. However, there is an American Lancia Club.

Lancia is famous for many innovations concerning the automobile sector. These include the first full-production V6 engine, in the 1950 Aurelia, and earlier experiments with V8 and V12 engine configurations.

Measured in WRC victories, Lancia is by far the most successful brand in rally cars.

Edited by Contax

Neutral Newbie

Couldn't open the link in the 1st posting.

Omigod [lipsrsealed][hur][rifle][furious]

It's UGLY [knife] Please not just the Delta model name but it's a disgrace of the Lancia marque.

During the 1980s, the company cooperated with Saab Automobile, with the Lancia Delta being sold as the Saab 600 in Sweden. The 1985 Lancia Thema also shared a platform with the Saab 9000, Fiat Croma and the Alfa Romeo 164.

Ah yes... now i remember. I did read it somewhere before. These cars also sold well during their prime.

The Beta was such a waste. If not for the quality, it would've earned a more dignified place in the history books.

But the Stratos is the most radical of them all... there were talks of producing a retro version too right?

Oh yeah the stratos!!A great machine and if you were a rally diver in the mid 70s , the last thing you wanted to race against was a stratos.

With a heritage like that , lancia should really be given the chance to release fiat's sportier models.

first things first.forget about the delta name.bring us back RHD Lancias.The last Lancia i drove was my dads '95 dedra.we all need to know how todays Lancias fare with other cars available .then reintroduce their wonderful turbocharged awd cars.give audi a run for its money.if Audi can do awd and luxury i'm sure Lancia can too.then once they've got all tat rite then can they introduce the delta and re-enter wrc and dominate it again....

Neutral Newbie

AGREED!! ..the real Integrale EVOLUZIONE has returned!! actually I dun mind the old HF Delta Integrale with new parts, new drive train like Haldex AWD , 6 SPD Getrag gear, maybe S-AYC, ( haha ) new turbo, aluminium roof, new recaros..but same design. nkeep it 2litre or 1.8 !

[laugh]

we'll see..

Edited by Guest66

Neutral Newbie

yeah man. it was Lancia & Audi who dominated WRC.n they innovated many things.

Ya,I remember the Cosworth RS200, the Stratos..Delta S4..

n then the Japanese " borrowed" the technology n "digitised" it. !!

wow..looks like we old timers eh? [thumbsup]

all rite, Lancia Delta is back

before ther is evoand REx

there is the Lancia Delta and cosworth [thumbsup]

rite afer lancia toyota come in to WRC....their 'sillycar' was fast .

but they kena penalty becasue their airintake can enlarge by itself with racing [laugh]

Looks like a concept or proto type model leh.

One question. Where does the Lancia brand stand in the market. Cos together with alfa, maserati, ferrari all belongs to fiat group.

Fiat car aims @ domestic/budget group.

Alfa car aims @ premium group.

Maserati/Ferrari @ super rich group.

Lancia with one model in its line up aims at executive luxury market?

I think it is more like the SUV/MPV premium market. But Delta last time small hatcback leh... [hur]

mayb lancia is btwn alfa and maserati. the price diff betwn alfa and mas is quite great. so lancia is a good balance

↡ Advertisement