Dashboard vent

Kazuo

Neutral Newbie

What is a nice cosmetic way to seal/cover up the dashboard aircon vent at the windscreen area?

it always cause my windscreen to fog! mad.gif

Dashboard mat is difficult to find.. especially for my coe car.

↡ Advertisement

Why it fog?? I think the mechanism is faulty cos it sud seal the vent quite well if it is adjusted properly. I fixed mine DIY cos a plastic holder in the dash broke. I just secure it with a cable-tie. [thumbsup]

Maybe u can consider trying to repair the fault first cos u wil need the vent if the w'screen fogs up due to rain. [cool]

Or maybe your ac is set too cold???

If u want to cover the vents, just find a sheet of thin black rubber & cut the strip about 1 inch wide to place along the edge near where the dash meets the w'screen to cover those vents. [idea]

U can use some blu-tack to secure it in place. [thumbsup]

Neutral Newbie

don't know leh..

somehow air will sure come out from there.. either the design is like that or like what you say, the sealer spoil le..

how to repair sia? haa.. i don't know how to open the dashboard up! [dizzy]

Ah, that one u must learn to DIY. Check for the screws & open up. Then slowly pull out the front dash. Look for places that r cought & look & feel for a catch or hidden screw.

After open up, u look for how the mechanism works & see where is broken. Then u have to think hard how to fix.

If u not good at DIY, send to your relaible mech when he very free. Then maybe he help u to fix.

If u got no patience, just cover the vents with the rubber strip lah. [:p]

the problem is not the screen but more to do with higher humidity & warm air bought into your car by you/ your passenger. this result in the formation of condensate. best thing to do is to lower the window allow reasonable air change betw outside air and indoor air, converge the temperature. on the aircon too and slowly closeup so tat the aircon system can reduce the humidity in the car.

Anyone know what is the purpose of dash board vent? Not referring to the aircon outlets near the windscreen but on the left and right holes above the side aircon vent

Anyone know what is the purpose of dash board vent? Not referring to the aircon outlets near the windscreen but on the left and right holes above the side aircon vent

Those 2 small vents blow a small bit of air towards the front side windows where yr side mirrors r.

Ty supposed to clear any misting on the side windows around that area so u can see yr side mirrors clearly.

↡ Advertisement