Test driven a Mz CX-7

Law_ong

Neutral Newbie

This is my first time writing a car review so pardon me on the bits and pieces of information available.. [:p]

I have the honour yesterday to be the first customer to test drive the new Mz CX-7, courtesy of our beloved ah veo and its the first time i drive a suv. The first glance on the exterior is that the car is big and tall, equivalent to a Rav4.

Despite the ride's built is higher and wider, it moves and behave very much like a normal sedan...the corner is good, not much body roll if you dun push it too hard like u would do to a rex..its a SUV for god sake..

The turbo kicks-in at a comfortable rpm @ abt 3500 (to me) compared to the one i tried on my cousin's legacy GT that kicks-in at 4200rpm....there is sufficient ponies to pull the 1.7 ton body under normal acceleration..

braking is good as well, given its heavy body the inertia for stopping is strong too...dunnoe if its the plastic on the chair..i actually was slipping forward when i step abit hard on the brake. Ride is firm but comfort as most of the rough patches are smoothen out by the suspension. The ride comes with sunroof, driver electric seats etc and, yes, bose sound system for those that like better sound yet not interested in sinking $$ for better aftermarket system...

The interesting part that i like about from the car is the new electric-hyraulic combined steering system, it gives u the beefy assuring steering response needed at high speed and yet able to give u the lightness needed to do turning at tight corner at low spd (the rims are 18", no joke on the wt)

Overall verdict is its a nice ride and give u the extra oomph needed as and when with high commanding view...would be a favourite for mummies or ladies my feel..(no flame me [:p])

The ve point is tat the plastic used on the dash board looks and feel abit low class for the price paid but the quality is there...

And again, tks to ah veo for the test ride...i will buy a mps from you when i strike big sweep first prize... [:p][:p]

↡ Advertisement

Not a bad review for 1st timer [thumbsup]

but care to do a further reveal on the pickup, speed gain and your traveling speed?

Seems like I need to jio jio Ah Veo soon [sly]

Neutral Newbie

thanks...

hmmm..thght pickup and speed gain is revealed [laugh][laugh] turbo kicks-in at 3500rpm = at least 3sec slower liao mah.. [laugh]

traveling spd was about 100km on the straight line stretch only to test the turbo coz got cars infront...butt feel the ride to hit the 100km/h at about 8 to 9secs... [laugh][:p]

Neutral Newbie

Must say that the price is really not much for such specs... however, have monitored mazda's pricing and they tend to drop prices after 6 months or so.

Test driven the car (courtesy of Ah Veo) at the soft launch and really liked it. So now just hoping that the trend will continue and get the car in about 6 months or so... Hopefully can touch the early 90 range... [:p]

yes i would say the interior material is not as atas as toyota harrier. In fact since PI harrier is cheaper, this one got tough competition... reminds of the dodge calibre, nice outside but cheap inside.. [cool]

k lor.. since the car is big enough... [sly][laugh]

You, me, saaber and Ah Veo.. seems like there's still enough room..

Actually it would be safer to fill up the car, so that when we corner, people would not move from left seat to right seat [laugh][sweatdrop]

Edited by Sony

Read in another review that this car is not one you want to drive in traffic infested areas. Ok at higher speeds but can be painful at low. Did you have the feeling? Hoping the car can move faster or smoother at low speed?