Volvo XC90

GoopPwr

Was reading a few local car magazines, noticed that the 2.5 litre has no mentioned, only the 3 litre version going for SGD199,999.00.

Any one any idea what's happening ? Some reviews actually prefered the 2.5 litre version.

Thanks, cheers [thumbsup]

Edited by GoopPwr
↡ Advertisement

Ya, I think the 2.5l one less problem with the tranny.

Anyway, I think SM is not selling the 2.5T anymore.. a friend told me. But you have a few choices on the resale mkt. Nice car, thinking of owning one of them but the high price and cost of maintaining it is making me think very hard.

Any XC owners here?

Any idea how much he paid for the 10 mth XC90?

I think the depn per year is 18k if sell at Year 5 or 6.

Petrol cost is abt $5k a year (assuming 18,000km)

Road tax is assumed at $2k

Insurance is 2k

That makes it 27k per year of expenses on this car. Not including the wear and tears .. maintenance etc etc.

Quite scared when I calculated all these figures.

Wow. not cheap. Add in the tsf fee which is quite hefty, probably wiser to get 1st hand. New XC90 last I heard was 180k.

I enquired an 2005 XC90. Tsf fee is mid 2k to 3k. Siong.

Ya very true. Money flow down the river to upkeep them... ok if u are wealthy enough. Those who take max or high loan to get "status" cars are not quite wise.

Still drooling over the XC90... wallet just couldnt agree with me.

to the rich people, upkeeping an XC90 is nothing. i have seen such people own more than 2 cars. usually they are very high ranking people in management. salary is in the 5 figure range per mth, and most of them do not live in hdb flats.

Turbocharged
Ya, I think the 2.5l one less problem with the tranny.

Anyway, I think SM is not selling the 2.5T anymore.. a friend told me. But you have a few choices on the resale mkt. Nice car, thinking of owning one of them but the high price and cost of maintaining it is making me think very hard.

Any XC owners here?

I am an XC90 owner. Had my ride for 2 trouble free years now. Not withstanding the FC of abt 7.5km/litre am liking the car every minute.

Turbocharged

Err, while both my missus and I have a car each, we still live in a HDB, at best can be classified as professionals, definitely not in management yet and sure as hell dun have a 5 figure salary.

7.5km/l? Wow that is quite good? Assume a lot of highway driving?

Heard from VolvoSG forum its only 6.5km/l. I am fine with 7.5km/l coz my current Cefiro is going abt 8.5km/l on average.

Still arguing with my wallet whether to buy the XC90.

Turbocharged

Noped, working normal office hrs, morning go work and evening back also heavy traffic, sometimes do get to criuse for a bit. I would say abt 50/50 give and take.

Just the usual things like approaching lights lift off accelerater, accelerate from lights briskly to attain criusing speed, tire pressure and clear out junk from boot space etc...... Used to be close to 8km/litre when working shifts and on original 235/65R17s, now on office hrs abt 7.5km/litre after changing to 255/50R19s.

(edited)

Good driving habit [thumbsup]

7.5 litre is pretty good FC considering a car like this.

Edited by GoopPwr
↡ Advertisement