GPS - HP iPAQ rx5770 Travel Companion

Vtim

Any review/feedback on the above wink.gifwink.gifwink.gif

HP iPAQ rx5770 Travel Companion

post-1-1167891823.jpg

Edited by Vtim
↡ Advertisement

Courts Tampines (next to Ikea) got this on display for hands-on demo. But... it wasn't there when I visited it last tuesday. I also wanted to test drive it.

I believe Nuvi is a dedicated GPS device while the Ipaq is a PDA. Depends on what Vtim whether he needs the PDA functions or not.

If I want a GPS device, I will go for Nuvi, the dedicated one rather than get some all-in-one type of device. Imagine when you are looking for direction and the damn PDA phone starts ringing? Don't know whether to laugh or cry...

Vtim said he wants a 'basic GPS'

To me a 'basic GPS' is Mighty Minds Street directoryhur.gifhur.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

So, I take it that Vtim just wants the GPS....then Nuvi it should bethumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

No, I was looking at Garmin GPS devices but eventually I bought a car that comes with built-in GPS system. Locally design and built, not the best but still works quite efficiently as long as I have the postal code.

The iPaq 5770 is a PDA w/GPS functionality. if you wanted a PDA, then this is a good one as it doubles-up as a GPS for your car as well.

I've heard tho, that some GPS units that have built-in antennas would have issues if your car has the solar film installed. Interferes with the Sat acquisition.

get a Nuvi....one of the better ones

a bit short on the $$$ lah, rx5770 I can get good price ley sly.gifsly.gifsly.gif

Courts Tampines (next to Ikea) got this on display for hands-on demo. But... it wasn't there when I visited it last tuesday. I also wanted to test drive it.

please feedback if you've done it thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

As RadX said.. get the Nuvi..

Nuvi out of my budget ley, I get good price for HP product lah sly.gifsly.gifsly.gif