Opel Combo, VW Caddy, Citron Berlingo

Saxo

eh..tc-ed huh..rolleyes.gif

come to think of it..juz now at hougang area..

me was driving like some mad manlipsrsealed.gif

dragging every gear as me went thrugh the gears...

cutiing quite a few saloon carslipsrsealed.gif

and on the way back..cut a superb cabbie...

sori to all those who met a crazy green kangoo juz now..

but was realli in a kind of hurry..

hope i din offend anyone herewink.gif

but eurovan not necessarily cheap..

coz i noe my kangoo...agent servicing...

is like wat pple ask' u service van or service rex'

though me dun noe how much it costs to service a rextongue.gif

probs so far so good...none that i can think of...

maybe u r refering to the dci65 and b4 dat...

as for servicing...agent is ex..outside is reasonable...

up to owner whether he wants warranty coverage or not lorwink.gif

go test drive all and see which u prefer

kangoo is known for tons of design flaws and problems

berlingo/partner pretty much ok with not much problems, except for the pathetic fuel cap design

opel..unless u want nothing but cheong and live with squeek squeek suspension and brakes

my personal preference is the 2.0NA caddy cos it looks nice and no expensive turbo to maintain

Buying a Van?? good buy now COE only $1. Kangoo and Flat also nice looking van.

Ironically, now's probably the WORST time to buy a Eurovan. Because back when the COE was still 12k (just a few months back), the prices are still about the same! They hardly even lowered the price since the COE dropped. Imagine if you've to scrap your vehicle after a few years, you'll be getting back super little. The agent mark-up is more than 10k right now if I'm not wrong, compared to less than 6k just a few months back.

i test drove the combo, when i look at the rear mirror, i already wanted to step out already. Why? cos the opening of the rear door is right in the middle, so half of the rear view is blocked! Nevertheless, I drove one round to see how is the pick up, but then nothing to shout about when compare to the Fiat doblo that i tested earlier. (doblo is 1.9L turbo engine while the combo is 1.7). Finally, I looked at the price, it is few K more than doblo, so I have enough reasons to take combo out of my shopping list.

Anyway, before i say good bye to the salesperson, i asked abt the warranty, basically it cover nothing except the engine, so if u got problem with air con or other mechanical or electronic stuff, u got to paid for it already. On the other hand, doblo warranty covers everything, of cos exclude wear and tear like tyres.

btw, i also notice that the wing mirror cant be folded, i do like the fully carpet interior thou.

I tested berlingo/partner too, again, i hate the blocked rear view, and the non-turbo engine means slower pickup and higher FC. The sliding door is difficult to open and close, as you need to pull the handle from inside if you want to slide the door close.

In the end, i choose the least common model, the fiat doblo, the rear door is one big one small, so the rear view will not be blocked. It is much spacious than other van of similar size and the engine is also the most powerful in its class

Neutral Newbie

So you mean fiat will be better than the rest. The reason you don like berlingo & partner because rear view is block, but other than that any other problem with the 2.

Me first time buying & know nothing, so got to be careful, any more advise for me.

thanks

block or no block whether it affects u is up to ur own decision

power/not enuff power also up to u

end of the day u are the buyer, if others want to "force" u to buy wat suits them best, might not suit u best

test drive all b4 u commit

dont take everything others say, or salesman say at face value, or any value at all

besides just buying, u also need to consider

1) aftersales support

2) maintenance (more proven and reliable brands which have been around for nearly 5-6years like the berlingo/kangoo definitely are easier to handle servicing wise , new brands like fiat no other experts out there able to service for complicated problems)

3) resale value ($1 coe is the worse time to buy, scrap tomorrow u really get peanuts, maybe just enuff to buy a big packet of them, more common brands easier to sell also)

Edited by Furrynadz

Ironically, now's probably the WORST time to buy a Eurovan. Because back when the COE was still 12k (just a few months back), the prices are still about the same! They hardly even lowered the price since the COE dropped. Imagine if you've to scrap your vehicle after a few years, you'll be getting back super little. The agent mark-up is more than 10k right now if I'm not wrong, compared to less than 6k just a few months back.

You are absolutely right!

Vans are actually vry expensive now, considering that COE is just S$1.

Vans have no PARF (paper) value. Only COE value.

The momemnt you take delivery of your van , and want to sell it, it is worth only S$1 !!!

↡ Advertisement