2007 Waja Anyone?

Heartbreakid

Bit by bit facelift... [laugh] In 2006, Campro engine was fitted in Waja, only change was the A/c Vent... Within a few months, the campro Waja was given a new headlight and tailight design layout while still retains the original shape, the interior now receives a better and bigger centre console like Lancer... This yr, Proton then decide to give the Waja a facelift... Changes are to the nose of the car...

By the way the things are being done, PROTON just show how lousy their marketing and managemt strategies were... As if everything were done in a rush... 7 yr old Waja, now then give F/L while cars of different makes are alrdy introducing new models... The beak nose Waja wasn't a looker but still acceptable but the f/l has made it looks like a car from 80s... Crazy [hur][hur][hur] Just compare the beak nose waja with the new f/l ones...

post-67-1169268180_thumb.jpg

post-67-1169268181_thumb.jpg

post-67-1169268182_thumb.jpg

post-67-1169268183_thumb.jpg

Edited by Heartbreakid
↡ Advertisement

(edited)

To be frank, models like Gen2 and Satria Neo, are pretty stylish, both interior and exterior... It's the style that buys local consumer over... In this class, don't really see Kia, Hyundai or Chvrolet offers such style... BUT style over practicality and quality... Both Proton models very lack of storage space and quality is not up to standard... Nice looks but lack of reliability has always been Proton trend... With this kind of stuffs proton coming up, they still have the cheek to price slightly more than Lancer, Sunny, even latest models like Rio, Vios... Want to upmarket but still come out with crap outdated products...

Edited by Heartbreakid

Neutral Newbie

I had owned Waja when C&C was the distributor. On collection day, I was shocked to see messy glue on the passenger seat belt.... poor Quality Control.

Subsequently, it made regular monthly visit to the agent workshop due to several faults i.e. pop-out buttons on steering wheel, faulty power window/door, alarm kick-off due to door misalignment, broken rear windscreen due to faulty demister etc.

1 yr later, I sold it off and bought a reliable Ford Focus. No more Proton for me since then.

Cheers!

the waja has gone through two round of facelift but yet, Proton Singapore is still selling the first genaration Waja without the campro engine.

anyways, it's not surprising that proton only decided to give the waja a facelift recently, they keep their cars in production for a very long time.

the Proton Saga (Iswara) is still available brand new!!

post-67-1169316826_thumb.jpg

Yes u r right. [thumbsup] Moreover, for a 7 yr old outdated crap, it still have the cheek to be sold at $53k as compared to a much modern Lancer which is ard the region of $45k.

Wonder what makes proton to place the price that high up? To me, the handling by Lotus is nothing to shout abt when their cars are of "know how to talk but not deliver" quality and reliability... Their replacement models turnover are way too slow...

To be frank, models like Gen2 and Satria Neo, are pretty stylish, both interior and exterior... It's the style that buys local consumer over... In this class, don't really see Kia, Hyundai or Chvrolet offers such style... BUT style over practicality and quality... Both Proton models very lack of storage space and quality is not up to standard... Nice looks but lack of reliability has always been Proton trend... With this kind of stuffs proton coming up, they still have the cheek to price slightly more than Lancer, Sunny, even latest models like Rio, Vios... Want to upmarket but still come out with crap outdated products...

agreed. but do u feel that the Gen2 and satria Neo look very malaysian? hehe

still the same...ppl facelift every 3 yrs by 7th year have already replaced by a new model...their practise is always keep churning old models..the mould for the model already recoup liao, should sell cheaper.

Good choice mate. The previous Focus ran from 1999 to 2005 and the styling never fail to attract me each time I see it on the road. I prefer the rounded hatchback design but the sedan seems to be more popular in Singapore though.

Coming to the issue of Proton, I really wonder if C&C booted Proton out because of customer's complaints about poor quality and workmanship.

I don't know anyone who drives a Proton, but I know across the causeway, an increasing number of Malaysians are turning over to buy Japanese makes due to the scrapping of some import car duty.

There's this website www.carsurvey.org and the feedback for Proton is indeed unflattering.

www.carsurvey.org

Edited by No_worries
↡ Advertisement