Regarding North South Highway

Wui75

Neutral Newbie

From what I observed from maps, North South Highway seem to be broken into two parts. The lower half of the highway will end somewhere in the south of KL, and the upper half will continue somewhere in the north of KL. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

How do I continue my journey from Singapore to Penang this way? Please advise. Thanks!

↡ Advertisement

Hi Wui,

When you are past Seremban and hitting KL, look out for road signs that says 'Ipoh'. Just follow the road signs and head towards Ipoh.

Once you are on the main highway towards Ipoh, just go straight and you'll hit Penang.

Be careful when you are in KL, the speed limit there is 90kmh not 110kmh. I heard there're quite a number of candid cameras there. Prepare yourself well for the trip.

Have a safe trip.

Cheers.

Neutral Newbie

all the way to penang at 110 could take you 10 hours (including stops). It would be nicer to split the trip up into two. Stop at KL a night or something.

go to this website to download and print the maps. http://www.plus.com.my

the 2 portions of the NS highway is linked by the Elite Highway to bypass KL.

Yea you're right the north bound fr JB will end up in Sg Besi tol which enters the city. If traffic is fine, you shld only take about 15mins to get to the Duta tol which heads to Ipoh/Penang.

Else jus follow the sign to Ipoh, this is still the same highway but it diverts to the left(close to Sepang airport) & loop around the city. This could easily delay you 40mins drivin at 110 kmh but its the most straight fwd.

150km/h is counted as normal le....lolx.....

some even can hit 200....

for bus/coaches....ehh....130km/h????

but if going up to KL...DON'T speed after batu bahat....cos the POLIS will have checks at Pagoh area....

There is an alternative route where you could bypass KL city.

From NSH, take exit 214(towards KLIA) this exit is right after the Sepang Exit.

The remaining journey is pretty easy just follow the sign to ipoh.

Travelling this route will take roughly 7hrs at speed 130~140kmh with a 1/2hr lunch break and 2 or 3 pee break.

Diesel tanker overturns, spills fuel, on Plus Highway, triggering massive 16km jam near Ipoh

IPOH: A diesel tanker lorry overturned at Km256.5 northbound on the Plus Highway from Terowong Menora to Sungai Perak this morning, causing a massive 16km jam on the route as of 10.35am.

A Plusline spokesperson said the lorry driver was injured, and that diesel had spilled onto the lanes.

Terowong Menora is reportedly closed, while contra lanes have been opened and all vehicles heading north are being asked to make a U-turn and exit at the Ipoh Selatan toll.

• Praise 4

NS highway is great to use if not for road bullies and mad drivers that put your life at risk.

Keep a spacing between cars bcos you are at 110km/hr u are moving about 30 metre/sec. Half sec 15metre. Longer than your house. Use your watch and time how fast u blink your eyes.

This is why 15-20car pileup is common.

If u dun value your life then think of your children & family.

1800 880000. Plus helpline. If u have a puncture or a breakdown DON'T fix it yourself. Even if u are the best mechanic in the world.

Call d number and PLUS will come and change d tyre or fix your car. If it can't b fix. PLUS will tow for free to d nearest toll gate. All services are free.

Many drivers are injured or killed when they try to change d tyre themselves.

Pull over to d emergency lane. Everybody out of d car and stand inside d Armco barrier. Dun stay in d car and wait for help to come. Open d boot to indicate d car has stopped.

This is to avoid being ram from behind by speedsters who overtake at d emergency lane.

Play safe and record d number in your phone.

• Praise 3

Road bullies?

Just keep to the L lane and don't road hog. No road bullies would be bother to bother anyone.

Crooks and bandits excluded.

• Praise 5

(edited)

Road bullies?

Just keep to the L lane and don't road hog. No road bullies would be bother to bother anyone.

Crooks and bandits excluded.

yeah ... most of the time it's road hogger that cause accident because the fast car need to overtake from left and zigzag left/right

if slow car keep left religiously ... it's so much pleasant for both slow and fast driver ... each got their own pace

if autobahn can do it

why nshw cannot?

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 5

Turbocharged

all the way to penang at 110 could take you 10 hours (including stops). It would be nicer to split the trip up into two. Stop at KL a night or something.

go to this website to download and print the maps. http://www.plus.com.my

the 2 portions of the NS highway is linked by the Elite Highway to bypass KL.

I think one would fall asleep at 110km/h constant on the NSH.

Varying your speed between 110 to 150km/h will make your trip more enjoyable.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1