Who cares about the environment?!? If you do, CNG, LPG or Hybrid? Anyway, please visit << www.climatecrisis.net >> and listen to what Al Gore has to offer about global warming.

Liquidh

Who cares about the environment?!? If you do, CNG, LPG or Hybrid? Anyway, please visit << www.climatecrisis.net >> and listen to what Al Gore has to offer about global warming.  

27 members have voted

1. 1.

• CNG
    • LPG
    • Hybrid
    • HECK, I don't give a damn... (and I like Jeremy C*******)

Of course, each has its disadvantages... [please add to the list if you know something about it]

CNG

- ADV

1.gaining recognition as a cleaner and cheaper fuel (emits lesser greenhouse gases)

- DISADV

1.possible LEAKAGE/UNBURNT METHANE!!!(main component of CNG) which is 20 times MORE POTENT as a greenhouse gas

LPG

- ADV

1.cleaner fuel than conventional petrol

2.can be made easily available (UNION could provide [laugh] )

- DISADV

1.not readily available in Singapore (at least not as an alt fuel for cars)

HYBRID

- ADV

1.being green without any hassle of conversion

2.no warranty issues (for new vehicles)

- DISADV

1.electric motor complicates repairs? Leading to higher costs?

2.much higer costs as compared to conventional vehicles (not much subsidies yet [:(] )

↡ Advertisement

Actually, at this point in time, I feel that LPG might be the best option... as it wouldn't potentially leak methane into the atmostphere...

Hence, my 1 vote for LPG!

if a person chooses to drive, then he's not environmentally friendly at all. he should just take public transport.

but, if he really needs a personal car, then i would choose none of the above also... i would pick a good diesel car.

infrastructure for refueling is all there already, no need to spend more money and resources to build refueling stations.

i dun need to sacrifice power.

i dun need to worry about how my sophisticated hybrid battery will be recycled. plus i dun need to worry how they made the battery in the first place.

i dun need to pay a premium for the car (barring our silly diesel tax on passenger cars).

Of course.... But even farting would produce greenhouses gases....

We do what we can... Just that everyone needs this kind of mentality before any environmental campaign can move on.

I'm surprised no one is into CNG... hmmm

what we CAN do is to invent an engine that runs on water. pure and simple.

not some half ass effort that forces us to compromise.

our mentality should be to allow us to register diesel cars for private ownership!

LPG ? Its heavy gas...i wouldn't imagine if it leak inside the car

LPG is still crude oil dependant....oil price up LPG also up.

I vote CNG

But a leakage of CNG (methane) would have disasterous effects on the environment... [:(]

I wouldn't buy those environmentalist kind of crap ,not tat i dont support the environment,but CNG or NG is the future cheaper alternative of forsil fuel compared to crude oil.

Surely gas like hydrogen,LPG is also being compressed and stock in cylinders too

Hey bro, I was moved by the show, << an inconvenient truth >> Many would say it has a political agenda... but I think otherwise. Catch it when you're free. :) Brings a new perspective as well.

Neutral Newbie

If a conversion is done properly, CNG is all burnt. Gas analysers used in workshops should be able to pick it up and if it's not properly converted LTA won't approve! [:p]

(edited)

CNG is a step up to the hydrogen economy. Minus 1 carbon molecule from CNG and you will get 2 hyrdrogen molecules.

Edited by Genie47
↡ Advertisement