Crazy silver edix tailgating on highway during peak period

oomph

Neutral Newbie

Its 8.20+am Monday morning and you have the normal rush hour traffic on the AYE through to CTE and I have this Silver edix (no 4848 or 8484) tailgating me all the way from AYE to the CTE. Nothing I could do but keep my distance with the guy in front around 3 car lengths as I usually do.

No way to overtake until finally reach CTE where traffic on the left filters out to AYE and this bozo overtakes on the left. I exited at CTE Merchant Road exit to Boat Quay and ended up behind him again!

[hur]

Must be late for work, but why tailgate when theres NOTHING i could do about it. Unusually I decided to keep cool about it as usually i'll slow down/tap my brakes to shake him off my tail, but i didn't want to harard an accident (yes - he was that close) [furious]

what if i did tap on my brakes and resulted in an accident ? will he still be liable for all my damages even if i admitted to "tapping my brakes" (not that I'd want the complication) ?

[thumbsdown] idiot spoilt my morning drivetime [drivingcar]

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

He would definitely be liable for your damages if you tapped your brakes and he collided in your rear because he was tailgating. He has the responsibility to keep a safety distance from you since he behind you.

I always bump into the same scenario as you too. Guess that fellow driver must be rushing for time.

If he's really tailgating, brake a bit, let him ebrake.. do that a few time and he will either keep a distance or filter off to overtake you.

But if he can overtake you, then I think you need to reflect on yourselves why he tailgate you. [;)]

Tap brake to warn that he is gettting too close. He is in the wrong if he hit you in the back.. but jam your back if you wan to have a damaged boot which can result in serious defect and waste of time trying to fix your ride.. Imagine driving few weeks with a crashed car, sommore if the car is in the workshop, you will be very troublesome.

Tailgaters quite irritating la.. unless you road hog.. tailgating puts a lot of pressure on the driver of the front vehicle.. later causing the front vehicle to do some funny stuff/trick..

(edited)

Reason why he tailgate u so close is he may have fetish for your exhaust pipes. Maybe last night wife no give. [laugh]

Next time u just release yr throttle until 40kmh, then step up to about 70kmh. when he catch up again, repeat step 1. I always do these to those TC cars esp full of stickers and weird bodykits to try and show me their car very fast. I also want to tell these [hur] their cars got T-lag [sweatdrop] , or its time to buy a set of better brakes [whip]

Edited by Ahbengdriver

imho, the more u tap ur brakes to warn those tailgaters, the more agitated they will be.

They will tailgate even closer.

But if jam brakes, the fella kiss ur ass, u can send car go w/s within sae a few days and get a replacement car or claim transport on top of the damage costs from the errant driver rite?

bro, if i were you...i would purposely slow down my speed and let him go even slower...untill he bey tahan...then i guess he would rather change his lane.

nowsaday alot crazy driver on the road.... [hur]

Neutral Newbie

just to be clear i would have filtered to the left lane once the opportunity arose, but with this guy, I anticipated that he wouldn't give me the chance too - and I was right !

he tailgated my from AYE at ayer rajah all the way to the CTE split.

maybe when my sons grow up i'll hand them some lazer pointers to zap tailgaters right in the retinas of their eyes on my instructions lipsrsealed.gif

otherwise I think that I'll try the ABD (ahbengdriver) Method:

Step 1: Release yr throttle until 40kmh

Step 2: then step up to about 70kmh

Step 3: when he catch up again, repeat step 1

thumbsup.giflaugh.gif

I think there is a notorious Edix mentioned a few times in MCF already, might be the same one.

Anyway, this guy watch too much InitialD lah, he want to keep 2-inches from your car to show how skillful he is at controlling his car. Just keep cool and stop looking into your rearview mirror.

Neutral Newbie

Tailgating is dangerous,I have seen one Cefiro tailgate a volvo at TPE towards Changi,both also >120km/h at least,then suddenly one TP WRX zoom in and summon the cefiro to stop, but let the front Volvo go.

So, sometimes you go high speed but one idiot tailgate you and he will pay for the price.

But is tailgating an offence?

bro, that will not be 'consider' a good choice to jam the brake hard to let him 'kiss' the his car backside.....cause this may cause cause major accident, which result injury would arise.

money and time can loose...but not our life ! think twice

Yes, just keep your cool and concentrate on your driving. Once a while look into your rear-view mirror and observe that idiot. At the same time, do as recommended by AhBengDriver... slow down a little and the idiot is forced to retreat. After a while he will definitely get irritated, give up and go find another behind to tailgate. Idiots aplenty! [hur]

This Edix is notorious?? then i must be veri suay to share similar licence plate number with it!!!sweatdrop.gifsweatdrop.gif

Neutral Newbie
just to be clear i would have filtered to the left lane once the opportunity arose, but with this guy, I anticipated that he wouldn't give me the chance too - and I was right !

he tailgated my from AYE at ayer rajah all the way to the CTE split.

maybe when my sons grow up i'll hand them some lazer pointers to zap tailgaters right in the retinas of their eyes on my instructions lipsrsealed.gif

otherwise I think that I'll try the ABD (ahbengdriver) Method:

Step 1: Release yr throttle until 40kmh

Step 2: then step up to about 70kmh

Step 3: when he catch up again, repeat step 1

thumbsup.giflaugh.gif

Er.. I dun quite understand. If he's behind you, how does he prevent you from fitering to the left??

Haiz.. tailgaters are so common on the expressways. I can't be bothered by them and just continue my drive till I find a safe opportunity to filter left and let the bugger zoom ahead and get caught by TP [:p]

↡ Advertisement