New Mitsubishi Lancer EX is here! Prices, Pictures...

Nikolaiski

for this price, its hard to fault for a new model but not bang for buck, for 65k i can find better cars above the 1.5 category, in fact i rather save the moolah and stick with the old lancer.

and pricing the 2 litre in civic territory is quite a challenge considering the gem of a engine honda has and the general styling and badge appeal of the hondas

we'll just have to wait and see the response but i suspect prices will drop quite dramatically after a year just like the earlier lancer model.

maybe thats what they do when they don t have the car in yet.

it sure is cheaper than hiring a photograper to do a shoot and then get the graphic designer to do the detailing - that would cost in the range of thousands

You can expect prices of the Lancer EX to tumble when the CS-platform Lancer finally exits the Mitsubishi showrooms after hanging around in some shape or form since 2000.

If Nissan's experience with the Sunny and Sylphy is anything to go by, it only shows that in this uncomfortable middle ground between entry level and executive buyers, the entry level still wins out, and the executive buyers go elsewhere. In Nissan's case they go to the Cefiro. And the budget buyers keep buying the Sunny, which leaves the Sylphy with precious little to play for.

I wonder if the Lancer EX is going to be large enough to play ball in the 2 litre executive class with the other competitors?

(edited)

No, it is just shoddy Photoshop work to add fake background blur in order to highlight the subject.

Edited by Macrosszero

yes and no

for the price of that hiv sounding car and its specs, or rather the lack of it..*cough* drum brakes *cough* , nothing much going for it except in car navigation, furthermore the looks are disgusting

EX should have a ready stream of buyers since its a nice platform, much larger and better speced

for mit, next step above lancer is outlander already, there is no large saloon, as compared to cefiro where it fills the large saloon segment and the aids infected offspring is trying to be a half way b/w mid and large

lancer 2 litre price can buy mazda 6 with change left (car of another class)

lancer 1.5 litre price can buy mazda 3 2 litre

or even buy a 1.8 litre wish or 2.0 strean for a few ks more

cant compare like that

one is a nice new model worldwide and ad will milk this cash cow till everyone balls become as dry as a lost camel in the sahara desert

the other is a almost eol model when new major makeover comes next yr

Well I had a ride in a Sylphy 1.5 and its really not that bad for being a family sedan with no sporting pretensions. It has superior NVH characteristics to the Honda Civic, as well as great rear legroom as well as a cosseting comfortable ride.

But you are right, with the departure of the Mitsubishi Galant, the Lancer EX has to fill that 2 litre role, which is why I mention about size. It remains to be seen if it can step up to fill the Galant's market segment other than just sharing the same engine capacity category. And if buyers wanted to stay within the brand and wanted something bigger/better than the old Lancer, then the Lancer EX is the next logical option.

But with the same amount of money you have the Civic 1.8 which is probably a little cheaper, and the Civic 2.0 if you could spend a bit more. And you've got a whole host of other cars in the same price bracket, so its going to really have to appeal to local drivers' tastes in order to make the sales numbers.

must understand KM and CnC pricing strategy

KM being a private biz, like to price itself more upmarket to act premium, though its tomyam

CnC basically abt profits, fat profits, even normal brands like mit and kia see the pricing of new models like to mark up nice and fat, likewise with the 3 pointed star

for citroen brand at least the pricing is a little half decent and not that over marked up, which is basically going to be kept that way till the brand under them more or less gets on the smoother track (sales wise)

A quote from the review "The engine was extremely willing to rev, and the smoothness of it all was again, mind boggling. One recalls the K20A engine of the Euro R Accord."

Are you sure?? If you are, i'll be really interested to try [:)]

↡ Advertisement