Fortuner hit young kid cyclist accident at lim bang cross junction at 715pm on 1 aug 07

Byond

Anyone witness the fortuner driven by one ah peh, hit the young kid cyclist at the lim bang/cck x junction? The light just got green and the cars started to move off when the young kid suddenly cycled across the junction. Then it was about to move into the path of the fortuner when a loud blast of horn grabbed hold of the driver's attention. The ah peh managed to stopped in time but his driver's side of door kena abit dented as a result of minor collison with the kid. Kid was alrite though. But its jam for a while.

Anyone saw it?

↡ Advertisement

These SUVs are huge in size and their height makes it difficult to spot people who are standing just beside the vehicle.

Worse when the driver is petite in size.

The best thing is...

someone asked the ah peh to move his car..

cos his car was blocking the whole junction

there were cars behind him..these car caused the right turning vehicles not able to turn right

then the traffic lights changed..then the other cars cannot move...

then u know what's his reply?

i cannot move the car. Kena dented on the door (Its a slight knocked...what can a bicycle rode by a kid did to the FORTUNER door?)...i need to claim the compensation.

I was thinking..if not for the horn that awaken you in slowing down...

u would have run over the poor kid (even though the poor kid is wrong)...

then its compensation the other way round.

Then who can he claim the compensation from?

Sorry..correct me if i am wrong..

Can the ah peh move his vehicle in such circumstances??

(edited)

U are right

the kid's height is only half the height of the door.

Anyway, I was in front of the kid cyclist when the light was just started to be in my favour..i was slowly moving out to turn right when i saw the kid cycling across me...

i was thinking..heck! what the fish..I braked hard and stopped..the kid was looking at me and wondering why i never give way to him (his sister -should be his sis cos they wearing the same kind of clothes)...

then i checked the lights (in my favour..) i saw the fortuner moving towards my direction at the next lane..then this kid was about to cycle into his path liao...

i sounded the horn to warn the ah peh..

then the ah peh give this kind of reply

claim insurance or compensation

i told him..he never knock down that kid..he is lucky...now wanan claim for the door? (even though the kid is in the wrong)...

Edited by Byond

didnt see this but same time, along cck drive towards North 7, arnd Region Grove. theres also another near miss.... THE SUPERMAN was seen standing in middle of lane 2( of a 2 lane road) showing his palms to drivers to STOP for him to cross the road !! [thumbsdown][thumbsdown]

the car in front chged lane to L1, i slowed down, car behind also braked ... then THE SUPERMAN crawled to lane 1.5, the proceed the same thing to clear LANE 1...

sometimes these pple ask for it !!! tfc light < 50 m away.

mice

Neutral Newbie

If the kid is injured, the vehicles involved must NOT be moved. In such circumstances, its better to check and make sure no police case before moving the vehicle.

I almost hit a young cyclist many years back in Yishun. Same situation .... bus on lane 3, i on lane 2 .... light turn green in my favour and i was about to move off when the young hero did his stunt. Lucky I managed to stop in time [sweatdrop]

Neutral Newbie

yah some people really asking for it....

Today was about to reverse into those load/unloading lot(not MSCP type), suddenly saw kid run across my path toward the playground.... [furious] thank god just finished changing gear and just turned round to check, so never hit him...

After parked car saw the mother slowly walk pass my car towards playground....

Dun understand some parents, just let kid run around, kena then cry [hur]

aiyo ... such case happen many many times liao lor...

reversing into lot, driving into drive way, pple walking 5m in front of zebra x-ing... lots more... sometimes, really feel that public tpt sometimes betta.

mice

Oh...his car is jamming up the whole junction. Tat kid looks alrite except suffered some abrasions and shock. I am also shocked cos i managed to stop in time...if not...sure knocked into tat kid. The old man still saying not his fault. But as long as u hit a kid, u are in the wrong. The law protects them more...

He still wants to claim for the slight knock on his door... I was thinking...can meh?

Neutral Newbie

so, its "Fortuner hit kid young kid cyclist"? or should the title be "Fortuner hit by kid young kid cyclist"? hmmmm......

my Previous car also kenna don't know how many times liao, and worst part is, all of these happened while my car was stationary at road junction or at traffic lights ... [:(]

Neutral Newbie

this type of signal is like very common leh... my young daughter don't know learn from who, also think she can stop the car by raising her hand, have to keep reminding her she is not supergirl...

1 yr ago, I was involved in a similar accident. Was driving middle of 3 lane road, midway across a junction, when a mid 20s male dashed across the pedestrian crossing, I jam brake.. felt the ABS, but the guy banged into my car between the side mirror and front wheel arch. dent was like 20cmX10cm long.

Think he broke his ankle, helped him to the sidewalk. He was apologetic, I asked if he wanted ambulance, he said no, but then police came. Police said as long as guy cannot walk off himself, dun care he himself said he not injured.. is considered injury case and called for ambulance.

Police took measurements, interview eye witnesses who all said I had right of way, while the guy suddenly dash out while others were waiting at the crossing.

2 months later, police report said "investigations inconclusive as to who was at fault". no further action will be taken.. report does not affect civil claims blah blah blah.

I did not pursue matter further and fixed car on my own. Till today I still wonder what the police report meant, whether insurance company determine that pedestrian is at fault.

i cant blame the kids actually

how many of us actually seen adults with kids jay walking

worse, pedestrian crossing is about to change red still can cross with kids

lagi worse, zebra crossing just walk like walking on orchard road and cross without checking on coming vehicles

inventually, the kids will follow

Well..just be careful..i guess that's the way..

sometimes no matter how careful u are..

accidents still happens

i guess alot of sg drivers are too impatients at times..

who can blame them?

driving conditions..jams...all those stuffs

i met a wonderful kid today. [thumbsup]

i was filtering towards a zebra crossing this after noon when i saw a kid(ard 9/10 yrs old) riding a bicycle and approaching the zebra crossing when i started to slow down.

when i came to a complete stop at the zebra crossing, the kid actually stop b4 the zebra crossing and waved to me to go first. [thumbsup]

haha.

think he will grow up to be a good driver.

[laugh][laugh]

↡ Advertisement