Anyone heard of Vetto before?

Garlic

Hi guys,

Was recently introduced this brake pad called Vetto, has anyone tried or heard of it before?

Did some searching and can't find any reviews or website.

Only source I found was, http://autozone.com.sg/product_Vetto.htm

product_vetto.jpg

Vetto disc brake pads, bonded brake shoes, brake linings, steel shoe core and steel backing plates are engineered to meet original specifications and manufactured strictly in compliance to ISO 9001 2000 quality management system. The products quality is regularly tested and certified to international safety standards carry out by independent testing laboratories in USA, Japan and Europe, one of which is the ECE-R90 certification in Germany. Research and development, and continuous improvement for safety and better performance is our commitment.

↡ Advertisement

never heard of it.

i personally won't buy it, esp when it comes to brakes...

i'd rather buy back stock pads than to risk it and try these...

they've got Ferodo, Bendix and Pagid, buy those instead lor...

Edited by Nine_eleven

Neutral Newbie

Hi to all bros here, sorry to hijack this thread. Any bros here knows where can I get Pagid brakepad? Been searching and all are out of stock. Which one would you guys recommend for street brake pad? Pagid, Ferodo, Mintex or Bendix. Thanks.

Yes i agreed.

Established brands spent so much on R&D & testings while some rubbish brands just buy from some "dont know who" makers & put their house brand. House brands surfaced because dealers want to make maximum profit by selling low cost items at high prices.

For those track enthusias, recommend to use Brembo, Dixcel, EBC, Pagid Racing, Mintex Racing, Project U etc.

For normal road use, recommend Original, Nissinbo, Akebono, Pagid, Ferrodo, Textar, Mintex, Bendix etc.

Rubbish brands are NIBK, Vetto, JNBK, Azuki, High-Q, ....& fake originals.

Don't frame me hor. Friends working in car parts trade line told me one.

Yes i agreed.

Established brands spent so much on R&D & testings while some rubbish brands just buy from some "dont know who" makers & put their house brand. House brands surfaced because dealers want to make maximum profit by selling low cost items at high prices.

For those track enthusias, recommend to use Brembo, Dixcel, EBC, Pagid Racing, Mintex Racing, Project U etc.

For normal road use, recommend Original, Nissinbo, Akebono, Pagid, Ferrodo, Textar, Mintex, Bendix etc.

You're pretty knowledgeable in brake brands. I have yet to come across Pagid, Textar, and High-Q. And you're able to tell us which one is designed for high-performance, and which one is for normal everyday driving. [thumbsup]

Yes i agreed.

If you'd replaced your brake pad before, you would know it cost at least $95 & above (+ labour) to replace with an OE quality brake pad.

Add another 20 to 30, you would be better off getting a premium brand with peace of mind, and one level up OE quality. Comparatively, I agreed dealers would rip off more profit at the expense of us getting an inferior product not necessary value-for-money. Be prudent.

• Praise 1

Personally I would recommend Mintex Brake Pads. I am with a auto supplier, and the commonly ordered brake pads are Mintex. If you go to workshops, they would usually quote you at a higher price, they need to profit too isn't it?(product + labour).

Here is a little tip for all, take the parts you require from an automobile supplier, then approach a local workshop to just carry out the installation for you (it actually saves you a whole lot of money!), because you are just paying for the labour. Do your homework, call up the workshops ask for installation prices!

[if you decide to purchase any product from us, we will recommend you workshops where you will definitely get things at a cheaper price.]

Thank you all :)

Chanced upon some articles, and realized Nissinbo is the parent company for brands like Pagid, Textar, Mintex etc... Nissinbo is the largest friction pad producer.

To cut thing short, I bought one set of Nissinbo front pads for my ride due to scrap end of the year. Installed yesterday. My mechanic vowed that it is even better than the OEM pad. He also warned me not to drive too hard as the pad is still soft and not bed-in yet.

Driving on the road, I could already find the brake is more sensitive [thumbsup] . And one more thing, Nissinbo pad is made in Japan.

↡ Advertisement