Silverstone Evol 8

Natnut

Silverstone EVOL 8 tyre

Mileage travelled on current tyres :

aprox 15000 km

Previous Tyres :

CSC 2 and German made(as opposed to Thai made) Goodyear Eagle F1GSD3

Review Proper :

I found the CSC2 comfortable and not bad for dry weather grip, however the wet weather grip was poor. I would feel insecure travelling at speed on the CSC2. Also at the time I bought them, I feel they are overpriced.Ride comfort and noise is good.

Goodyear Eagle F1GSD3 : dry grip on par with CSC2 but slightly worse steering response and feedback. Wet grip : Outstanding!In fact I felt more secure driving in wet weather than dry.Ride comfort : Good. Noise : initially good but once past 10000km, the noise was unbearable. Price : cheaper than CSC2 but make sure you get the German made ones.

Silverstone Evol 8(current tyres): the best overall tyres I have had the pleasure of owning!! smile.gif

Dry drip is very good, best of the 3 brands and steering response is also good,on par with the CSC2. Wet weather grip : better than the CSC2 but loses to the Goodyears--however I would say that it is excellent if judged by itself(few tyres if any match the wet weather performance of the Goodyears).Ride comfort : on par with CSC2 ie Good. Noise level : as good as the CSC2 and definitely better than the Goodyears. Price : cheapest of the 3 brands.

Disclaimer :

I happen to know the local distibutor Mark and he gave me a discount since these tyres have not been extensively trialled on Sg roads and on luxury sedans--I was the guinea pig so to speak.However, the regular price is still much better than comparable brands of similar performance/quality.

Overall :

combines the best characteristics of both CSC2 and Goodyear F1GSD3 with few compromises and much more attractive price!

boss is Mark---friendly guy and a real petrol head--knows all about cars and racing.

↡ Advertisement

Just changed my tires from the Bridgestone G3s to the Silverstone Evo8 yesterday. Pricewise its real cheap. Paid $120 per 17" 205/17/40 Evo8. Performance wise not sure yet but noise wise its good as its still new whahaha [nod]

↡ Advertisement