Chevrolet Magnum Optra

Dearjoshua

Hi, any bro here know the difference btwn the new magnum optra model as compared to the old optra? looks-wise seems similar... [:)]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

fyi, the new optra will be launch in korea Oct 2008 with a new wheel base of 2685mm competing the corolla and elantra. my source also indicate a very new styling. let wait and see.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

===================

from paper today...seem like the magmun one also has CNG factory fitted.....

Edited by Ah_dude
  • Praise 1

Yup. Optra & Optra Magnum seems like the only low cost car with factory CNG but b careful hor. Although u can have CNG without void the manufacturers warranty, it is not perfect. It is installed in the Thai factory & has the ugly & boot robbing tank in the boot. That seems to indicate it is still an "aftermarket" system.

Original factory CNG cars sud have the CNG tanks concealed under the boot so u cannot see them.

The factory CNG is not without problems. Do some research 1st. I did not want to do the CNG conversion even during the hike in petrol prices & boy am I glad I didnt go there.

Now many pple who installed CNG r kicking themselves. I wil still bet my money on Diesel being a better option in years to come.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Yup. Optra & Optra Magnum seems like the only low cost car with factory CNG but b careful hor. Although u can have CNG without void the manufacturers warranty, it is not perfect. It is installed in the Thai factory & has the ugly & boot robbing tank in the boot. That seems to indicate it is still an "aftermarket" system.

Original factory CNG cars sud have the CNG tanks concealed under the boot so u cannot see them.

The factory CNG is not without problems. Do some research 1st. I did not want to do the CNG conversion even during the hike in petrol prices & boy am I glad I didnt go there.

Now many pple who installed CNG r kicking themselves. I wil still bet my money on Diesel being a better option in years to come.

Thanks

I see..no wonder the only CNG on the sgcarmart is hanging there for quite sometimes liao....and reposting the advert with another 2k reduction from the previous advert...

Neutral Newbie

Wow! Just saw the Ads on the Saturday's papers....The Optra's going for 38,999 only!.. unbelievable, though the COE qouta drop still we see such deals.

Though i am still not thinking of changing my ride soon, but i think i will be going down to LK for a look see [drivingcar] to see if there would be any good lobangs... :D

• Praise 1

Wow! Just saw the Ads on the Saturday's papers....The Optra's going for 38,999 only!.. unbelievable, though the COE qouta drop still we see such deals.

Though i am still not thinking of changing my ride soon, but i think i will be going down to LK for a look see [drivingcar] to see if there would be any good lobangs... :D

its going cheap because this model going to be replaced by the CRUZE.

Neutral Newbie

Cruze? wht that?....a new model, when?

The price tag on the Optra is very appealing.....still must go try.

Tell me more about the new model?? [hur]

Cruze? wht that?....a new model, when?

The price tag on the Optra is very appealing.....still must go try.

Tell me more about the new model?? [hur]

details i also not sure. but optra is going EOL.

u are right abt diesel superiority. but i think i still prefer new car+CNG to straight petrol, or petrol hybrid.

and the thing abt diesel is the tax structure. i'm thinking of upgrading from getz to a commercial van. dun ferry people around very often anyway and my dad has a coy to register with. whatever eurovan i buy will be a huge upgrade in every way except for speed limit [inlove]

petrol still has a place... for sports cars, currently. high revving NA petrol engine or TC petrol engine still rules when it comes to excitement. but for practical commuting daily, low end torque will be king [sunny]

• Praise 1

Chevrolet Cruze...will be larger in size than Optra Magnum and will be sold side by side with the Optra Magnum for 1 year...

only available in 1.6L 115bhp and 1.8L 140bhp...but due to the large body, don't expect even decent amounts of acceleration timing...

1.6L 5M/T comes in at 12.5secs i think, 1.8L 5A/T comes in at 11.5 or 12.0secs...

but expect a much updated interior, more stylish exterior, and better quality materials...

price wise, it's anticipated to be from $45,999 for the 1.6L 5M/T version to compete with Kia Forte which is selling off the shelves...any price higher, it will definitely not sell enough for Starsauto to actually continue be in Singapore...

Neutral Newbie

Thanks Ferraricalifornia

Did some research...hehe..wow the Cruze is already launched in Europe and think i stumbled across some links about Chevy using them as racing cars...

Din see them in the F1 here? or do they race in other countries only..

BTW should i consider the Optra @ 38,999 ? any advise?

Neutral Newbie

Optra is now on lelong now, thanks to cruze. [thumbsup]

But it does not come with any options such as leather, sports rim, reverse sensor blah blah...

Aveo5 going at 39,999 almost full option. 1.4l ,new facelift...

It all depends on what you want in a car. Matured family sedan or fun young yappy hatch.

I went for the extate 2 yrs ago [thumbsup]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1