Loud Birdsong Is Disturbing My Sleep..................

Picnic06-Biante15

Came accross from New Paper Talk Column where one wrote in to complain of bird singing loudly on tree at Street 52, Pasir Ris between 5.45am to 6.30am. since August. The bird was disturbing his sleep and had made numerous complaints to the Town Council. For the past six weeks, he was forced to wake up at 6.00am even on Saturdays and Sundays, days that he do not work. [hur][hur][hur]

Definitely not a bird lover........ [sly] [sly] [sly]

[laugh][laugh][laugh]

↡ Advertisement

Got this report from the web

"From mid-October 2005 right through to February 2006, I had been hearing the call of the Asian Koel (Eudynamys scolopacea) almost every morning at about 6.30 am or thereabout. Sometimes I would hear the call later in the morning and once in a while in the evening as well. I have had people complaining of being awaken by the call as early as 4.30 to 5.00 am but in my area the birds apparently wake up later. These birds, there must be more than a pair, roost among matured trees growing in an abandoned area between two housing estates, seldom visited by people. As such I never saw them but always heard their calls.

Asian Koels are extremely shy birds. Years ago they were always heard and seldom seen. More recently they had been making their presence known especially when they visited my Alexandra palms (Archontophoenix alexandrae) to feed on the ripe fruits. But they were still shy, flying off once they noted my presence.

From mid-February 2006 the call dried up to an occasional kwaking. Then around the end of June the call was again heard, but not as regularly as previously.During the first few days of July I had the opportunity to view them close-up. Four male koels flew in at around 5.30 pm and stayed for about an hour to an hour and a half. A bird would suddenly arrive and perch on a fruiting branch of my Alexandra palm accompanied by loud kwaking. Another would soon fly in to be followed by the remaining two. Sometimes they would fly to the Golden Penda (Xanthostemon chrysanthus) tree along the roadside.A pair, perching on different branches but facing each other, would then indulge in duetting. The perching appeared precarious as the birds rocked forward and backward, as if trying to balance themselves. Their tails would flare out somewhat and sometimes they would touch beaks. During this time one or more may regurgitate seeds from earlier feeds. After some time they would simply perch quietly, not moving much and not appearing to communicate. Then suddenly they would all fly off."

post-15-1191219939_thumb.jpg

post-15-1191219940_thumb.jpg

I find some people are getting less tolerant over 'minor' things. He doesn't work or want to stay in bed later doesn't means that nature will stop or change for them.

I know how loud the bird he mentioned can be...but I think it's more of how he want to see it. He can either see it as music to the ears and that's he is so close to nature or he can see it as a nuisance.

This Mr.Leong is very cham, cannot sleep in peace even on the days which he is not working [:(]

Kena wake up call from those Jiaos which dunno comes from where? [rolleyes][rolleyes][rolleyes]

Hope that the relevant authority could help him [nod][nod][nod]

Try putting ourselves in his shoes and one will realised how fxxking irritiating is it as to kena wake up call from a jiao on one's rest day and somemore is continuous 6 weeks [gossip][gossip][gossip]

Edited by Mzrmazda3

Well, this are the kind of ppl who think that his mere payment of conservation fee and income tax could cover everythings (policemen pay, SAF pay, education fee, TC staff pay, anybody in the Civil Service.....etc) even to the extend of asking the TC to keep wild birds quiet. [hur][hur][hur]

If only we know how much he pay for his taxes...... [sly][sly]. But looking at the place he live, give and take his income, my guest is that, his income tax would not exceed $1200/- per year. I paid 3 times more that amount, so I should get triple complaints off his. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

...my guest is that, his income tax would not exceed $1200/- per year. I paid 3 times more that amount, so I should get triple complaints off his.....
You are entitled to have the birds removed, plus removing any noisy insect and rubbish collect truck will only come after you have woken up. [laugh][laugh]

Actually, it's good that this Mr Leong is not living in private property in Nassim Road, Holland, King Albert Park, etc....otherwise he will die. [;)]

↡ Advertisement